It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's Trip to Ireland - Why ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
President Obama is a descendant of Eward 1 of England and William the Lion of Scotland.

www.blogtalkradio.com...

As for why President Obama is in Ireland...I believe it is part of a good will gesture.
edit on 23-5-2011 by caladonea because: left out information

edit on 23-5-2011 by caladonea because: correct link

Good will? Obama has none.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
Here's the answer to your "why" question - from a source in the UK. Was going to start a thread with this, but I will just add it to yours.

source

Ah Bejaysus and Begorrah! Oi’ll be swearin’ boi the auld shrine to the Vorgin with the shamrocks growin’ round it next to the hill where Cuchullain slew the Great Leprechaun of Kildare on St Patrick’s Day that Barack Seamus O’Toole Flaherty Joyce O’Bama is the most Irish US president that ever set foot on the Emerald Oisle, so he is, so he is.

Except, when he’s in Africa, of course, when he disappears into the dry ice and re-emerges with a grass skirt and a bone through his nose and declares himself to be Mandingo, Prince of the Bloodline of the Bonga People, Drinker of Cattle Urine, Father of A Thousand Warrior Sons, Keeper of King Solomon’s Mines, Barehanded Slayer of Lions, Undaunted Victim of the Evil Colonial British Empire.

And in the Middle East, where he is Al-Barak Hussein Obama, Protector of the Holy Shrine, Smiter of the Kuffar, Lion of the Desert, Tent-Loving-Aficionado-of-the-Oversweetened-Coffee, Chomper of Sheeps’ Eyeballs, Restorer of the Caliphate.

Etc.

Hope everyone reads the entire article. This is great stuff!

Thank you for posting the link to this excellent article.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Wow only 3 nationalities slandered at once? Surely he could have done better.
Not worth a 2nd.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74

Wow only 3 nationalities slandered at once? Surely he could have done better.
Not worth a 2nd.

Or did you mean only 3 nationalities "pandered" (to) instead of "slandered"?

Stay tuned, there will undoubtedly be more as O'Bama belatedly tries to look like he all of the sudden gives a s--- in attempt to get re-elected.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   

I did.. and snake oil salesman IMHO is wrong and gives the guy to much credit..

I tend to think of Obama as another Chamberlain..

His opponents professed to see in him a dark and wily schemer, plotting to sell England to Hitler, but it is far likelier that he was merely a stupid old man doing his best according to his very dim lights. It is difficult otherwise to explain the contradictions of his policy, his failure to grasp any of the courses that were open to him. Like the mass of the people, he did not want to pay the price either of peace or of war.

George Orwell on Chamberlain

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   
To show a sign of solidarity with the Irish people as a good portion of Americans have Irish ancestry.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Watching the news live now, he's arriving at Buckingham Palace and they have mentioned that he's travelling with an entourage of 1500 people. That is quite unbelievable, why he would need that many?
About the visits, maybe they are upgrading their dna with discoveries found off the coast of Ireland, (Hy Brasil? aka Atlantis). That was the most extreme theory I could come up with. Therefore I am not 100% serious, so please don't flame me

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

its all about the news coverage from the msm, think about it, while we see where and what obama is up to the msm can divert all your attention about what is realy happening in the world. its all part of their brainwashing program.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Yes I thought it was an odd visit as well

Did anyone catch the footage of the presidential limo getting stuck leaving? The limo bottomed out cresting the ramp of the exit gate. I thought it was hillarious.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by carlosrivi

Yes I thought it was an odd visit as well

Did anyone catch the footage of the presidential limo getting stuck leaving? The limo bottomed out cresting the ramp of the exit gate. I thought it was hillarious.

A reporter on the BBC this morning said it was a decoy beast.
Maybe just to save face?

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
For once in my life I don't see a conspiracy in this situation.

Obama has Irish ancestry (like many Americans) and this is one way to ingratiate himself to these voters.

According to wikipedia around 22 US presidents have been Irish or of Irish decent. So to establish a link to Ireland may be a way of cementing Obama's suitability to be president in voters minds, in a psychological, subconscious way. JFK visited his ancestral home in Ireland as did Ronald Reagen, So Obama's tactic isn't exactly original.

Of course we all know elections are rigged, so who knows why he has to win people's affections. Maybe to make his victory look less fake when it happens.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by eagleeye2

So, this is what Obama-bashing looks like?

As for Ireland, why not?

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

Actually, if we go by Orwell's characterization of Chamberlain, it sounds more like Reagan or G.W Bush than Obama.

But yeah, logic does not belong in a thread like this.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
He was coming to see Cameron anyway and thought he would throw in a visit to Ireland to pander to the American Irish vote. I honestly don't think it goes deeper than PR. Of course the Irish connection is baloney but Americans are like that anyway - pathetically desperate to find their 'roots'.
It goes without saying that the first person I saw wearing a kilt in Scotland was an American tourist!
As a side note, did you hear his goons telling the crowd to keep back? So many security guys (and just the ones we could see). ... I know we do it too but not quite as obvious

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
the real reason obama went to ireland

so he could steal a bunch of leprechauns and waterboard them to lead them to their pots of gold

okay, I just spat out my coffee.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
It's interesting that Obamas grandfather Stanley Armour Dunham enlisted in the U.S. Army on January 18, 1942, yet his daughter, Obamas mother was born November 29, 1942. The timing seems odd.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Get used to it. The gent knows that he only has a few months of Air Force One at his disposal and is going to suck that well dry until he gets the kibosh. He'll be spending a bunch of time at Camp David too.

Why not. He can't get that kind of free spiff after 1/21/13

I hope he has a ball

top topics

<< 1   >>

join