It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's Trip to Ireland - Why ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I have just listened to President Obama being introduced to the crowd in Dublin on BBC Radio 5 and something struck me about this..............Why or what is the point of this trip ???????

I am actually confused about the reason / motivation for this .......

He is being greeted, Cheered, Adored by the thousands and thousands of ''well wishers'' who seem to be treating him like a celebrity, popstar, sports star, film actor or A.N.other useless individual.........

www.bbc.co.uk...

It seems like another Presidential campaign concerned with more 'Profile' building like some pathetic media campaign like some stupid film star would be doing...............

Doesn't he have MORE Important things to do....!!!!

One comment he made was about his distant cousin Henry who is 8 lines away............ Pred Obama made a joke that he is now called Henry the Eigth (Henry VIII) which actually must have upset a few Irish nationals, in the fact that he said he was related to a British Monarch !!

Ps.... there is another thread about this trip but not asking the question WHY ?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Regards

PDUK

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

To visit his ancestors. As well as being a Kenyan-Hawaiian-American, he is also now part Irish. Its true, I heard it on the news, it must be true.

Expect a new updated birth certificate in the coming months!

st.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Because since Kennedy was President it is expected a President, when they tour Europe, to visit Ireland. Ireland its self is a small island, but over 40-50 million Americans are of Irish decent..

Since he is touring Europe before the G8 summit in Paris in a few days, first stop is Ireland. I believe he is also descended from Irish as well (gasp! some might have forgotten he's half white!)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
ive also been wondering why the queen and now obama have both chosen ireland for a visit.
can only mean they up to something, and it aint for the weather

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

To Distract that's why.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
The should rent the white house.
Would be a good way to help balance the budget )
Every dems are somewhere not in the US
Even John Carrey lol

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
He will be banished from the USA after this term, he is trying to find a new home!!!

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Because there's no-one as Irish as Barack O' Bama

www.youtube.com...

O'Leary, O'Reilly, O'Hare and O'Hara There's no one as Irish as Barack O'Bama
edit on 23/5/11 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

To hit the great Pubs of course. He's no dummy, he knows how to live it up. Think of it as "Beer Summit 2."

I mean, check out the way they're driving! Cheers!

www.huffingtonpost.com...
edit on 23-5-2011 by Wildmanimal because: Add Link

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I might not like his policies much, but after watching the speech he gave at College Green I have to admit it was one of the best speeches given by a us president to the Irish. Very nice speech.

He did have to leave early due to a volcano in Iceland possibly trapping him in Ireland

I find it a little concerning that so many people are thinking conspiracy just because a head of state visits a seemingly unimportant country. What's wrong with friendship building?

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by RockpuckI find it a little concerning that so many people are thinking conspiracy just because a head of state visits a seemingly unimportant country. What's wrong with friendship building?

Men like him do not spend their time/money building friendship they manipulate situations and more importantly people to bring about their desired outcome.

In this instance he wants to ingratiate himself to the large block of voters proudly descended from Irish immigrants. He needs all the votes he can get. His, great, great great, great grandpa? Oh, and better yet - his eigth cousin? How the heck does anyone especially the POTUS have time to delve into who thier 8th cousins are and moreover fly (guess on whose dime too) to another country to meet them?

Seriously? Please! Grasping at straws to make a personal connection because his agenda isn't selling anymore.

Handlers - Quick Barry, the people aren't buying it anymore what they need is a shared connection.

Researchers - Hey aren't the Dunham’s from Ireland or something...well it sounds sort of irishy, the Americans will buy it.

Handlers - Irish vote Democrat and Union let’s roll with that we can get a lot of play here.

The snake oil salesman-in-chief just needs any way to form a personal connection with people because his message and the "change" and "transparency" he sold everyone is simply more of the same...wars, lies and social engineering. Let’s not leave out the selling out to special interests as usual. It's week old fish and no one wants it anymore it stinks. .

Like any good huckster he needs to have charisma and a personal connection because he doesn't really provide what he claims and when that comes out he has to use sleight of hand to change the subject.

So he is trying to be all things to all people simple as that, which is fairly hard to do for the POTUS since all the "world" the world literally is "his stage". So when talking to blacks he uses his slang and swagger, when speaking to Unions, he is a working man, to bankers an investor, to law makers a compromiser, to the people - whatever they want to hear at the time. The media is soo far in his pocket they won't call him on his waivering.

It is a tactic of the shallow and one whose poor character allows him to take not definitive stand. Carefully choosing his words so they are as ambiguous as possible so he can deny any declaration or statement as a misunderstanding... he takes no stand on anything constantly morphing into whatever the current company expects to see.

It is a cluster b anti-social personality trait and mark of a narcissistic personality disorder. They need to be liked and popular - any speach he makes will be about him/his feelings or his role in the issue within the first 60 seconds regardless of the topic.

When tracking con-men and frauds a sure sign are subtle changes in speech, tone, manner and memes that they tout which coincide with the desires of his current audience or target.

He is simply a con-man like most politicians but he is very good at it and that makes him more dangerous than most.

edit on 23/5/2011 by Golf66 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
President Obama is a descendant of Eward 1 of England and William the Lion of Scotland.

www.blogtalkradio.com...

As for why President Obama is in Ireland...I believe it is part of a good will gesture.
edit on 23-5-2011 by caladonea because: left out information

edit on 23-5-2011 by caladonea because: correct link

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Believe it or not, people take the president of the united states seriously. No matter how stupid, how much of a liar, or how irrelevant they are.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
If there was a point to this trip then I wouldn't mind, but there really doesn't seem to be one.

We are seeing extremely high gas prices, record unemployment and a record deficit. Nothing about this trip helps any of these problems. He shouldn't have gone, its just one more thing that makes him look disconnected from the american people.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Here's the answer to your "why" question - from a source in the UK. Was going to start a thread with this, but I will just add it to yours.

source

Ah Bejaysus and Begorrah! Oi’ll be swearin’ boi the auld shrine to the Vorgin with the shamrocks growin’ round it next to the hill where Cuchullain slew the Great Leprechaun of Kildare on St Patrick’s Day that Barack Seamus O’Toole Flaherty Joyce O’Bama is the most Irish US president that ever set foot on the Emerald Oisle, so he is, so he is.

Except, when he’s in Africa, of course, when he disappears into the dry ice and re-emerges with a grass skirt and a bone through his nose and declares himself to be Mandingo, Prince of the Bloodline of the Bonga People, Drinker of Cattle Urine, Father of A Thousand Warrior Sons, Keeper of King Solomon’s Mines, Barehanded Slayer of Lions, Undaunted Victim of the Evil Colonial British Empire.

And in the Middle East, where he is Al-Barak Hussein Obama, Protector of the Holy Shrine, Smiter of the Kuffar, Lion of the Desert, Tent-Loving-Aficionado-of-the-Oversweetened-Coffee, Chomper of Sheeps’ Eyeballs, Restorer of the Caliphate.

Etc.

Hope everyone reads the entire article. This is great stuff!

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Because if he remained in the White House and never left, that would look a wee-bit odd.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
President Obama is a descendant of Eward 1 of England and William the Lion of Scotland.

www.blogtalkradio.com...

As for why President Obama is in Ireland...I believe it is part of a good will gesture.
edit on 23-5-2011 by caladonea because: left out information

edit on 23-5-2011 by caladonea because: correct link

Bit off topic but I doubt any US Pres would want to be linked to Longshanks for his brutality especially well known to the Scots.. nor would I have thought it would go down to well given that he expelled all the Jews from England.

Back on topic... I have no idea why he wanted to stop over in Ireland... perhaps he needed a stiff drink before coming to Britain???

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
the real reason obama went to ireland

so he could steal a bunch of leprechauns and waterboard them to lead them to their pots of gold

so he can create more entitlements.

being of irishh descent myself i can guarantee obama doesnt like to get drunk or like to eat potaotes.

HES AN IRISH POSER much like everything else he says he is.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by thoughtsfull

Back on topic... I have no idea why he wanted to stop over in Ireland... perhaps he needed a stiff drink before coming to Britain???

Read the entire article I posted above, not just the excerpt.

It explains exactly why O'Bama is visiting Ireland - and everywhere else for that matter.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by siobhain
ive also been wondering why the queen and now obama have both chosen ireland for a visit.
can only mean they up to something, and it aint for the weather

Yes, something's going on. At the moment I have only one theory.

Basically the world is run by three 'Cities' - The Vatican, City of London and Washington DC. Each of these cities is pretty much independent of the actual country in which they are situation.

Ireland has been uncovering a lot of Vatican corruption recently, and it has just this week had a visit from both of the other two parts of the 'Empire'

Something tells me they are there to twist a few arms, or put some guns to a few heads, as it were.

Perhaps they're trying to hush up scandal about the Vatican. It could be something completely different, but either way I agree with you, it is NOT in the interests of we the people.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join