It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian Activists Vow to Arrest George W. Bush in October

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
They tried that in Calgary few years ago, first place he publically spoke since he left the Oval Office...

No one got near him lol. Not even close.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

International law has no place in the US and should be fought tooth and nail by the American Public.

From this statement it seems you think everyone is trying to impose some law INSIDE the US? If so, you have missed the point completely. International law is about how countries behave outside on the world stage.

The point of the OP has nothing to do with US law or US internal politics. It's about upholding Canadian law in Canada

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
If there was a warrent issued for his arrest and they went to arrest him i really don't see what the SS would do?
But then i guess that doesn't matter as theres no way it will happen.
Also do some of you really think that us would go to war over it? Especially if he was found guilty for war crimes and being just a plain SOB.

If i was bush i would want to take responsibility for the horrible thing i let happen and caused.

karma will catch up with him at some point.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by macman

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds

reply to post by incrediblelousminds

Show me where I am defending him?

Perhaps I am mistaken. This is a thread about an activist group in Canada 'vowing' to arrest Bush because of his actions while a sitting POTUS in regard to Torture, as it relates to Canadian and international law. Bush defended these actions in defense of torture by saying the US was not accountable to international law. That, too, is the argument you are making against the notion that this 'arrest' could actually occur. Ergo, you are defending him. That's kinda what that means.

OR are you now saying you DON'T agree with Bush's stance on international law?

Um, maybe you are not understanding me.
I say go for it.
Will it happen? Do I really need to answer that??
But, please look to what other Governments (Including Canada's) are doing within this realm today.

Now, if you are implying that you want my stance on torture, then please start another thread.
Just because I think this is a waste of time and will not be successful does not, by default mean I am defending him.

No, as I said, because you are defending the very same position he is being criticized for in the OP link, you are defending him.

It's so disappointing when people are so disingenuous. I mean, you're denying something you just said. Just admit it. Its okay. You agree with Bush's stance on the US's use of Torture, as it relates to International law vs. the US's 'sovereignty'. You already said so several times. (although you did continue to strong-headedly and inaccurately maintain it was somehow a violation of the USA's domestic 'sovereignty'.)

It's a common argument made. You're in common company. It's too bad you guys have thrown Bush under the buss, but still cant let go of the ideals he represented.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Arrest Clinton and obama too!

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

If George Bush should be arrested, then everybody who funded him and his activities deserve to be rounded up and arrested as well -- even the taxpayers for allowing him to be in office and conduct wars. So everyone, even Canadians who might have paid to help fund Bush's so-called war crimes deserve to be arrested and punished.

As the law states, ignorance isn't an excuse.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Well, we can add another crime to the list.. Wy the hell woul anyone invite bush to speak about economics? Thats a crime in and of itself.. Uh, hello... 11 trill pissed away in 8 years... Not to mention destroying the companies he ran before being president... Fireal though.. Hes an idiot

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by i am just saying
gosh, ok lets just all live in a made up world where ex presidents get arrested and there is peace and love everywhere and no more wars ..blah blah blah...grow up.

thats a great quote coming from someone with a superhero child as their avatar

2nd line like all the other jack@$$'$ around here do

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

Um, no I understand what I typed and how I used it.
More tongue in cheek then anything.
If you look into my other posts, I have no problem with admitting I am wrong.
I am married, I know how to.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by aboutface
reply to post by macman

International law has no place in the US and should be fought tooth and nail by the American Public.

From this statement it seems you think everyone is trying to impose some law INSIDE the US? If so, you have missed the point completely. International law is about how countries behave outside on the world stage.

The point of the OP has nothing to do with US law or US internal politics. It's about upholding Canadian law in Canada

That is just it. Because when a Sovereign country agrees to international law, as our documents are founded, we are then subject to those laws/agreements.
The Canadian law dictates Canadians, not US Citizens.
If a Canadian citizen where to violate a US based law, outside of both countries, then the US can't arrest. The law has to be violated either within the US or by a US citizen.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   

reply to post by incrediblelousminds

Show me where I am defending him?

Perhaps I am mistaken. This is a thread about an activist group in Canada 'vowing' to arrest Bush because of his actions while a sitting POTUS in regard to Torture, as it relates to Canadian and international law. Bush defended these actions in defense of torture by saying the US was not accountable to international law. That, too, is the argument you are making against the notion that this 'arrest' could actually occur. Ergo, you are defending him. That's kinda what that means.

OR are you now saying you DON'T agree with Bush's stance on international law?

Um, maybe you are not understanding me.
I say go for it.
Will it happen? Do I really need to answer that??
But, please look to what other Governments (Including Canada's) are doing within this realm today.

Now, if you are implying that you want my stance on torture, then please start another thread.
Just because I think this is a waste of time and will not be successful does not, by default mean I am defending him.

No, as I said, because you are defending the very same position he is being criticized for in the OP link, you are defending him.

It's so disappointing when people are so disingenuous. I mean, you're denying something you just said. Just admit it. Its okay. You agree with Bush's stance on the US's use of Torture, as it relates to International law vs. the US's 'sovereignty'. You already said so several times. (although you did continue to strong-headedly and inaccurately maintain it was somehow a violation of the USA's domestic 'sovereignty'.)

It's a common argument made. You're in common company. It's too bad you guys have thrown Bush under the buss, but still cant let go of the ideals he represented.

No, I am not defending him. Just because you say 1+1=3, does not make it so.

My stance on water boarding or torture is not the topic. It really has no play in this game.
If you want my stance, start a new thread or PM me.
The laws should be when in Rome, do as the Romans. US law should not be a driving force in a country outside the US and vice-verse.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Arrest Bush, either one of them...

Arrest Blair.

Arrest Clinton.

Arrest whom the hell ever...

Save some of your arresting for the voters who put 'em in office, while you're all so gung ho to go arresting people...

Citizens are supposed to practise oversight on the folks in office. Citizens... That would be you, me, the guy who lives next door... You know... Us.

But noooooo... It's easier on the conscience to act like our elected official are somehow working in a vacuum, and are not responding to our wishes.

That may indeed be the case, but that's our fault, too. We don't demand it, why would they be bothered to do so?

Blame whom the hell ever, just make sure you save some for that fella/gal staring out of the bathroom mirror at you...

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I had no idea this guy existed. Thanks for posting this, I'm very interested in this, and very supportive of him. Arrest the Government

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
If we start going down this road, I predict that every President is going to have to worry about jail time at the end of his term. Obama certainly should, Clinton is (in my opinion) most responsible for the financial mess we are in as he allowed a lot of business regulations to go lax and let Fanny and Freddie do whatever they pleased... Nancy should never see the light of day again for what's she's pulled...

If we prosecuted every politician that had ever made a shady deal or made a bad decision based on bad information... I don't know if we could handle all the court cases even if we required every kid in college to take a double major, one being in law, for the next fifty years. This whole, "let's get them" idea really is quite juvenile and I guarantee you that when Obama is the one getting all this flack, I'll be saying the same things I am now and you won't be rubbing your hands together in glee anymore.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join