It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian Activists Vow to Arrest George W. Bush in October

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman

The idea and/or fact that corporations have circumvented this may have some truth, but the idea that other countries have a say in what happens domestically in the US is arrogant and a farce.

AGAIN, That is not what is being argued. What is being argued in this video is about actions of the US that have happened beyond and have implications beyond US borders.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by incrediblelousminds

I answered this very simply before.
Since that did not suffice, here is a longer, more drawn out response.
I think the US should pull troops out and let everyone fend for themselves.
I think the US should stop telling others what they should and should not do.
I think other countries and members should take heed, follow the same and quit telling US citizens how to govern themselves.
Is that clear?

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds

reply to post by wcitizen

Yeah, it's all the fault of Bush and the US

Sure sure.

A straw man with four eye-rolling smileys is still a straw man. That hasn't been postulated. Yes, the Bush Admin. certainly played a key roll in the US invasion of Iraq (obviously), but other nations with a vested interest in the same goals, like the UK, played along fine. And a few other bootlicking nations jumped in.

And further more, I challenge you to find anywhere that I support Bush.
Please, please please find something.
I will eat my computer if you do.

I have not claimed you do. Although you are obviously defending his actions in this thread. This thread is about Bush.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen
reply to post by macman

I see you chose not to answer my question when I asked you to explain in what real sense USA is a sovreign country.

Here, let me help you.

The United States is a Corporation. Two constitutions.
www.youtube.com...

edit on 23-5-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

Sorry, but Youtube videos hold little weight to me and I don't need to waste my time.

The Constitution provides to me what I need.
The idea and/or fact that corporations have circumvented this may have some truth, but the idea that other countries have a say in what happens domestically in the US is arrogant and a farce.

Yes, of course, you dismiss anything on youtube as rubbish, irrespective of its value.

This statement of yours, I have to say, is priceless. The US pokes it's greedy nose into the domestic affairs of most of the world.....

What you say is just SOOOO telling.....and it's called sheer hypocrisy.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Show me where I am defending him?
If you are going to go after one, got after all.
Cherry picking this plays into the almost every American's Stereotypical view of how Canadians view Bush.
I am sure that Canadian's don't want that, so go after all.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Not everything. If it is footage of an actual event, I would watch it.
Op'ed on it? No thanks. I can turn on CNN or any other for mindless drivel.
Also, I don't need videos like that, that imply the Crayon and Paper mentality of explaining something to me.

edit on 23-5-2011 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Also, I don't need videos like that, that imply the Crayon and Paper mentality of explaining something to me.

OK, but you would have seen proof that the US is a corporation. Perhaps you'd rather not.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

reply to post by macman

I see you chose not to answer my question when I asked you to explain in what real sense USA is a sovreign country.

Here, let me help you.

The United States is a Corporation. Two constitutions.
www.youtube.com...

Sorry, but Youtube videos hold little weight to me and I don't need to waste my time.

The Constitution provides to me what I need.

Yes, of course, you dismiss anything on youtube as rubbish, irrespective of its value.

This statement of yours, I have to say, is priceless. The US pokes it's greedy nose into the domestic affairs of most of the world.....

What you say is just SOOOO telling.....and it's called sheer hypocrisy.

How is it hypocrisy by me?
Your painting with a braid brush and your assumption of me is just that.
Please, before you embarrass yourself even further by implying that is what I support, please go re-read my last couple of posts.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Perhaps I am mistaken. This is a thread about an activist group in Canada 'vowing' to arrest Bush because of his actions while a sitting POTUS in regard to Torture, as it relates to Canadian and international law. Bush defended these actions in defense of torture by saying the US was not accountable to international law. That, too, is the argument you are making against the notion that this 'arrest' could actually occur. Ergo, you are defending him. That's kinda what that means.

OR are you now saying you DON'T agree with Bush's stance on international law?

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Perhaps I am mistaken. This is a thread about an activist group in Canada 'vowing' to arrest Bush because of his actions while a sitting POTUS in regard to Torture, as it relates to Canadian and international law. Bush defended these actions in defense of torture by saying the US was not accountable to international law. That, too, is the argument you are making against the notion that this 'arrest' could actually occur. Ergo, you are defending him. That's kinda what that means.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   

OK, but you would have seen proof that the US is a corporation. Perhaps you'd rather not.

I don't need youtube to show me anything.
I know the current situation of the Govt. I know what corporations are doing and what they influence.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Someone pleassse finally arrest this criminal. Yes maybe torture can save future lives, but those who are willing to conduct the torture should accept the legal consequences.

Man up and do your time, if you're really a hero then people will still appreciate you when you get out of prison... just don't hold your breath.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds

Um, maybe you are not understanding me.
I say go for it.
Will it happen? Do I really need to answer that??
But, please look to what other Governments (Including Canada's) are doing within this realm today.

Now, if you are implying that you want my stance on torture, then please start another thread.
Just because I think this is a waste of time and will not be successful does not, by default mean I am defending him.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   

I answered this very simply before.
Since that did not suffice, here is a longer, more drawn out response.
I think the US should pull troops out and let everyone fend for themselves.
I think the US should stop telling others what they should and should not do.
I think other countries and members should take heed, follow the same and quit telling US citizens how to govern themselves.
Is that clear?

Ok, now this is something I can understand. Thanks.

But in this case, if the US is clearly not going to address the situation, what are your suggestions?

My post was about at least trying to do something instead of letting it disappear because that's the norm for any leader in any Country. Let Politicians do what they want and eventually the people will forget about it and move on.

I agree that all Nations should deal with their politicians internally but unless the US starts to implement this policy first, does it not make sense that other Nations can reach across US borders as well?

Washington asserts its right in going into other Countries to arrest War Criminals so until that stops, it's only right that it can be used against Washington as well.

These Canadians want to arrest Bush on the War Crimes that Bush has admitted to committing and on some occasions, even saying it doesn't apply to him. Washington isn't willing to do it so who should?

But you never stated as to whether or not you believe he is guilty of War Crimes. This might put everything into perspective.

IMO of course.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
what a joke. frat boy was a figure head in every way, just a familiar name to put on the ballot

cheney should be shot on sight however

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Is he guilty or war crimes?
Sorry, I am not judge, jury and executioner.
Sorry if this is dancing around the truth, but I am of the mind that if one is to be deemed a criminal, then the process has to have been completed.
I think alot of Govt officials around the globe need to stand tall before the man.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
what a joke. frat boy was a figure head in every way, just a familiar name to put on the ballot

Yeah, shoot those that you think killed others.

Oxymoron anyone???

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

We don't need the one world crap pitched.

I did not see a "one world crap" being pitched in the post you pointed to. I saw "The US is not a sovereign nation, it's a corporation".

Being an American, yep I wholeheartedly agree with that sentiment. And personally, I welcome anyone in this country who can think for themselves.

USA Bring me your tired, weak, poor, and hungry. At least that is what we were once a part of, but now? It seems no one is welcome, not even those of us born here for generations upon generations, unless we bow down to the corporations who run this world.

blahhh, yes Bush needs to be held accountable for his war crimes, but it will never happen.

We only impeach presidents for having sex and lying about it.

That..... is "how far" we've come in this country.

Harm None
Peace

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

reply to post by jude11

Is he guilty or war crimes?
Sorry, I am not judge, jury and executioner.
Sorry if this is dancing around the truth, but I am of the mind that if one is to be deemed a criminal, then the process has to have been completed.
I think alot of Govt officials around the globe need to stand tall before the man.

In this you are correct.

So how can he be judged before a jury of Americans if no one is bringing charges against him in America?

This is my point.

Yes, a lot of Politicians need to be brought up on charges for various crimes. We have a few in Canada that wouldn't be missed if they were thrown into a pit for a few years.

It has to start somewhere and Bush just happens to be the target. Not because he is Bush but because of his actions and arrogance in ignoring not only the American people but International law.

It has to start and be carried through to the end. You're correct.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest

Yeah, shoot those that you think killed others.

Oxymoron anyone???

the word I think you are looking for is hypocritical. Oxy moron is like saying jumbo shrimp.

but may I ask you, did you support the UBL killing ?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join