It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feds Conduct 4th Round of Domain Seizures

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Feds Conduct 4th Round of Domain Seizures

www.zeropaid.com

For almost a year now US authorities have been seizing sites accused of copyright infringement as part of its ongoing ‘Operation in Our Sites” campaign, and it appears there is no letup in sight for it’s been discovered that Homeland Security’s Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) division.

has begun a 4th round of domain seizures.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.shareconnector.com

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
The Feds just don't know where to stop. It looks like the united states is becoming more and more like communist China. Sure its copy write infringement, but still, who is the Department of Justice to have any say about anything on the internet?

In my eyes no government should be able to censor anyone's work from another country, whether it is Pirated software, Copy write Infringement, anything. People pay for the internet, it should not be censored.

www.zeropaid.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 23-5-2011 by doom27 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
they can try and seize but a new site in zambizie will take its place....attempts to boss the internet are hilarious..
edit on 23-5-2011 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

Right, it should have little effect so far.

But if they get through legislation censoring at the ISP level then things may change.

That's why we should take our opportunity now to get whatever we may want or setup "black" networks.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
These siezures are getting really annoying! Luckily the internet has An0nym0us soldiers in the shadows fighting the good fight

Download this add on for Firefox, redirects you the site thats been siezed

MAFIAA

I've been using it for a while now and it's AWSooome
Works everytime so far.

I have to say, i AM in two minds when it comes to piracy etc. if EVERY one was accessing copyrighted material for free, the quality of material would GREatly suffer as there would be no money being generated. However, theres some crap i just wouldn't pay a dime for, so where do we draw the line?

Us 'leechers' (of which i'll admit i'm mostly one, mainly because i dont watch tv), benefit off of the good, law abiding citizens that pay their hard earned money, to fund quality entertainment.

But the other side to that coin is the way in which they go after people who download/watch copyrighted material, with disgusting fines and sentances, making scap goats where they can in order to get publicity to 'frighten' other would-be leechers :/ And in the process, ruining the lives of said 15 year old girl who downloaded 3 songs, fining her family $25,000.

I guess, if the war is balanced the status quo remains, and thats possibley the best thing where freedom on the internet is concerned?

Peace
AoN

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Obama has to cater to his celebrity types so they will be his mouthpiece in the coming election...God knows he needs somebody to talk for him because he will need it. Dudes going down this coming year and I cant wait. Hopefully we get Ron Paul tho or else we are screwed again. Its all or nothing this time folks. We either put up or shut up. We need somebody honest like Mr. Paul and Im afraid if we go with somebody that just pulls on our heart strings this go around then it will be that last time we can actually do something about it. The American people seem to have hope this time, hopefully we follow thru and get the right people into office and things like this will be a thing of the past.

Also, to all the celebrities out there that are trying to sue for copyright infringement...If you pay for all the mixtapes that Im willing to bet you dubbed and gave copies to friends when you were a kid (everybody made a copy of a tape even tho it would sound like the chipmunks after a couple of copies) then Ill start to chip in. Till then, keep being hypocrites.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
How long until they go after Google and You-Tube? They are taking the net from us quit literally BIT-BY-BIT. The feds want the net all to themselves. The fed wants to own the whole INTERNET. If they have there way there will be only one ISP in the US and it will be them. I said it before and I will say it again, enjoy the INTERNET while it last. Any one ever seen the South Park episode call Over Logging?

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
The net is going bye bye, soon it will be 25 channels to choose from on the net, 20 of them will be American reality show websites, 5 will be fake news. enjoy.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jax27
The net is going bye bye, soon it will be 25 channels to choose from on the net, 20 of them will be American reality show websites, 5 will be fake news. enjoy.

then i will disconnect
and they won't get my
access money.

I lived for 30 yrs of my life
without the net. I can do it
again. They can kiss my
modem.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Do you have an ATM card? Or any other banking card? What if your bank stops using the net? The card could be limited to the point of being useless if they worked at all. See it is things like that that people do not understand about the net. People have never even been on the Internet still use it every day with out even knowing it. There has been a very big mistake made with the Internet. People have put all the eggs in the basket and now powerful people are taking that basket from us. I like the Internet a lot and use it every day but I wonder if just maybe we all would be better off it it had never been invented? But now that it has it has became the back bone for our way of life to the point it would wreck everything we it went away. You take something and build a way of life around it you are in big trouble when it is no longer there. Take the electric system for example. We are in the dark (for real) when it goes down. We can not even open a can of beans when the powers out. We have built our way of life around the electric system. . So it short when the net goes we all lose. Some just more than others just like when the lights go out.

edit on 5/23/2011 by fixer1967 because: To check spelling

new topics

top topics

join