It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unit 1 nuclear power plant fukushima...TIME TO RUN...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

same here - looks like the video has been disabled so you can't run it but it hasn't been taken down

Anyway, I think it might be Fukushima because I think I can see one of the buildings that got wrecked and it looks familiar but I can't say for sure.

Sandesh - you must have watched the video - is it Fukushima or not?

peace
J

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ceriddwen
So, let me understand, we are talking about Unit 1 at Fukushima, right, not Hukuzima?

Yes, they are one and the same. I think it's the way it's being translated to English, it's been designated as "Fukushima", "Hukuzima" and "Hukushima". They're all referring to the same facility though.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
It's not disabled. You just have to watch the live feed directly from youtube;

www.youtube.com...

The error i believe is in the embed script.

edit on 23-5-2011 by emberscott because: Had to fix link

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by SirCoxone

Thanks for the excellent analysis in your posts.

Knowing this is internal, what do you think caused the massive upward spike indicated on the graph?

Whatever it may have been, I'm guessing it's bad. Real bad!

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Chernobyl was pumping out 300 sV/h when it was fissioning and it exploded. That was the reading at the core as it was directly exposed.

No reason to panic yet, just be aware. The radiation has quite a distance to travel to make it to North America, the people in Japan should be aware. Where's that damn sheet they were working on?

The effects will still be negligible here, even if all three cores go into full meltdown we will be fine. May have to be careful of certain foods and not swim in the pacific for a bit, but nothing to get panicked about. Relax, there is nothing that we can do, now TEPCO should so something, but the way they are working we will all die of cancers before anything is fixed.

Pred...

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hessling

Thanks for the excellent analysis in your posts.

Knowing this is internal, what do you think caused the massive upward spike indicated on the graph?

Whatever it may have been, I'm guessing it's bad. Real bad!

I would guess, and this is guess not fact so please don't take it as accepted truth, that recriticality has occured in the molten corium.

This means that the nuclear chain reaction which was stopped when the reactor shut down has reignited on its own. What surprises me here is that there was that the evidence pointed to this already happening so I am unsure if this is the cause.

They refer to it as the 'suppression chamber' (translation). Now what I am unsure of is if this means primary or secondary containment. If it means secondary containment then the massive increase would mean that any final protection that the primary containment was offering is gone, probably the corium has melted its way through and into the secondary vessel, though again I believed this had already happened.

At the end of the day with a single graph and google translate it is hard to get a definitive picture of why the reading has spiked so much but I think a breach of containment of recriticality are the only two viable options for such a sharp increase.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by emberscott
It's not disabled. You just have to watch the live feed directly from youtube;

www.youtube.com...

The error i believe is in the embed script.

edit on 23-5-2011 by emberscott because: Had to fix link

Thanks for the repaired link, that works!

I am not seeing any smoke now, but those buildings look more decrepit each time I see them.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

I would guess, and this is guess not fact so please don't take it as accepted truth, that recriticality has occured in the molten corium.
I wonder if the corium hasn't remained critical the whole time and possibly melted into a moister layer of earth and the resulting steam escaping created an avenue for the escape of more radioactivity?

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Ok, so I've read through the comments, and I've been following all this since the moment it happened, but I'm lost...
I feel like "Double Rainbow Guy"...
WHAT DOES IT MEEEEEEEAN?!?!

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

I wonder if the corium hasn't remained critical the whole time and possibly melted into a moister layer of earth and the resulting steam escaping created an avenue for the escape of more radioactivity?

I think it may have remained critical at all times but this reading is internal to either the core or the secondary containment, my limited ability to use Google translate makes it clear this reading is in some kind of vessel but not whether it is primary or secondary. If this was a reading external to any containment then it would be horrific for anyone in 100 miles of the plant.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Looking a little closer at the graph it is interesting to see the Drywell readings have dropped as the supression chamber readings have climbed.

I would really like to know what the suppression chamber is here because without that knowledge any surmising is almost pointless. It could so easily be the pressure vessel or the secondary containment unit.

The fact the drywell readings have gone down as the other readings have increased leads me to think the reading is the secondary containment unit and what we are seeing is the core falling out of the pressure vessel.

The reason for this is that the drywell has pipes that feed directly into the pressure vessel so if the core has dropped out of there into the secondary then less particulate would be going from the pressure vessel into the drywell.

What confuses me is that I previously believed from the data shown that this had already happened.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ltinycdancerg
Ok, so I've read through the comments, and I've been following all this since the moment it happened, but I'm lost...
I feel like "Double Rainbow Guy"...
WHAT DOES IT MEEEEEEEAN?!?!

lol Confirmation of meltdown. We have known that since the day after the quake. this is what a fissioning cores reading is, about 200-300 sV/h, no panic, this has been happening for a couple months now, they are just now giving us this information.

Pred...

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
...and boom goes the dynamite.

If only...

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
atmc.jp... Shows @20.38 gmt the following:

Internal Server Error The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request. Please contact the server administrator, root@localhost and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error. More information about this error may be available in the server error log. Apache/2.2.3 (CentOS) Server at atmc.jp Port 80

Its down, either taken down maybe not.

Can anyone get an actual Web Archive scrape of that page or reults for the last couple of hours?

Kind Regards,

Elf

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by MischeviousElf

atmc.jp...&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&source=www.goog le.com" target="_blank" class="postlink">GOOGLE CHACHED LINK HERE

edit on 23-5-2011 by sandesh because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by sandesh

Thank you very much

The You tube link for live feed is down and the actual Main Webiste is down.

The cache you show proves the OPs initial chart is correct WTF

I certainly would be thinking of running if in japan.

The media manipulation over the whole of the Japan Disaster is condescending and indeed worrying.

The thing is what are the charts reading now that they wont let us see?

Kind Regards

Elf

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Old REM gauge
1 millisievert = .1 rems
2,000 millisieverts = 200 rems

New Sievert gauge
100 counts/minute = 1 microsievert
1,000,000 microsieverts = 1,000 millisieverts = 1 sievert

500 millisieverts / 1/2svh:
No visible effects.

750 to 1,000 millisieverts / ~1svh:
Brief periods of nausea on the day of exposure in about 10% of a group.

2,000 millisieverts / 2svh:
As many as 50% of a group may experience some of the symptoms of radiation sickness. Although only 5% to 10% may require medical attention, no deaths are expected.

4,500 millisieverts / 4.5svh:
Serious radiation sickness in most members of a group followed by death to about 50% in two to four weeks.

6,000 millisieverts / 6svh:
Serious radiation sickness in all members of a group followed by death of almost all members within one to three weeks.

1,000 millisieverts/hour is a recent radiation measurement reported outside reactor #3.

Rarely discussed in the media is ionizing radiation damage caused by low energy alpha particles. These particles are NOT detected by ordinary geiger counters. A special alpha particle detector is required to detect alpha particles; these particles are stopped by a sheet of paper. Gieger counter tubes are usually made of metal which alpha particles cannot penetrate.

Dusty materials emitting alpha particles are caught by lung tissue when inhaled. After embedding in the lungs, dust particles continue to give off alpha radiation for many years causing on-going damage and mutating DNA, ultimately causing lung cancer. It's worth noting however, that when alpha particles are present beta and gamma are usually also present, which are readily detectable by a geiger counter.

The Reactor is at 200 svh...Not good

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Why does the graph start only 1 week ago? How does this latest data compare to the entire last 3 months?

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
If that number is accurate the core is totally melted and heading downwards towards the groundwater/aquifer. If it gets there it will explode and the water table will be contaminated.

Japan will be a wasteland.

No human or machine can approach a source spewing 200 sievert per hour. It is basically instantaneous death.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by sandesh

Explanation: S&F!

[url=http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:qp1hOuKX1zgJ:atmc.jp/plant/rad/+

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join