It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unit 1 nuclear power plant fukushima...TIME TO RUN...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+28 more 
posted on May, 23 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Check out this link: atmc.jp...

Symptoms of acute radiation (dose received within one day):
0 – 0.25 Sv (0 – 250 mSv): None
0.25 – 1 Sv (250 – 1000 mSv): Some people feel nausea and loss of appetite; bone marrow, lymph nodes, spleen damaged.
1 – 3 Sv (1000 – 3000 mSv): Mild to severe nausea, loss of appetite, infection; more severe bone marrow, lymph node, spleen damage; recovery probable, not assured.
3 – 6 Sv (3000 – 6000 mSv): Severe nausea, loss of appetite; hemorrhaging, infection, diarrhea, peeling of skin, sterility; death if untreated.
6 – 10 Sv (6000 – 10000 mSv): Above symptoms plus central nervous system impairment; death expected.
Above 10 Sv (10000 mSv): Incapacitation and death.

REACTOR UNIT 1 IS 20 TIMES HIGHER THAN THE AMOUNT THAT WILL CAUSE INCAPACITATION AND DEATH!

Live stream of the plant...

edit on 23-5-2011 by sandesh because: (no reason given)
extra DIV
extra DIV

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
The page and graph in the link shows the level in Sv's.

What does that equate to in mSv's?

I reserve the right to run until after I figure that out!

ETA: I see now, sorry I missed it. So what does this mean, in your opinion? Is the reactor melting down?
edit on 23-5-2011 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

+44 more 
posted on May, 23 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Time to run where? That stuff is going to pollute the entire atmosphere, in fact weren't people already detecting radiation in the States like a week after this originally happened? We're all screwed no matter where we run to. If anything, time to dig, hide underground like trolls until this is all over in a couple dozen years or so.

Also, is it just me or has the media been awfully quiet about these nuclear shenanigans?

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
the video link is down but here is the web site info atmc.jp... i think you would be as safe as the first day of the Chernobyl explosion if i am reading this right.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
So is this real?

Do we have a run away dirty bomb that has been spewing for the past 48 hours?

what is the official line these days.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247

ETA: I see now, sorry I missed it. So what does this mean, in your opinion? Is the reactor melting down?

It is the same as the metric system. 1Sv = 1,000mSv

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
D / W stands for dry well .... The main thing containment. S / C ... Sapuresshonchenba stands. I pressure suppression chamber.

Im not smart enough to read Japanese but google translated it to that for me.

Im also not too educated on nuclear reactors but that seems to read to me as if we are about to have a big explosion but it hasnt happened yet. Pressure chamber with increased pressure prolly means it hasnt blown or the pressure would be low. Still doesnt look good tho

edit on 23-5-2011 by readytorevolt because: .

edit on 23-5-2011 by readytorevolt because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
IF that figure is accurate and correct then that is totally and utterly FUBAR. That is total core and containment breach and open air fission with no kind of radioactive containment at all. again IF that is correct there is a pile of corium sat in bedrock, releasing particles like there is no tomorrow (for northern Japan there isn't if its true).

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Sorry can you clarify is this inside reactor or outside reactor that graph is not clear if it is an internal or external measurement.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
It is funny,,, looking at the official tepco map for the spread too outlying areas, as the radiation seviert count increase's the chance for error drops drastically, how very asstute of them.

idiots.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wheelindiehl
reply to post by sandesh

This is the 3rd thread I've seen from you today and it's all been udder garbage.

How is this garbage?
If these reading are correct, then the #1 reactor is screwed and beyond saving.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

+2 more 
posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Wheelindiehl

*utter

An udder is an organ formed of the mammary glands of female quadruped mammals, especially ruminants such as cattle, goats, sheep and deer.

Just FYI. And THIS kind of thread, I don't mind so much. Would like some further confirmation on it, but isn't much other than what I've been expecting for some time anyway...

Does anyone know what ever happened to the entombment idea? Looks like is more and more necessary to try to mitigate the impact here, whether or not this itself is verified.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Hey guys, instead of commenting on each other, how's about you stick to the topic which is a serious problem at the nuclear plant?

So, let me understand, we are talking about Unit 1 at Fukushima, right, not Hukuzima? I expect it was a typo but initially I was terrified that there was yet another plant in Japan with a problem. This just seems to be an ongoing thing with this plant and we truly have only touched the surface with both what is going on there and what is to come.
edit on 23-5-2011 by Ceriddwen because: clarification

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by sandesh

I keep getting "an error occurred" with your YT video.

Is it looking ugly there? And... is this Fukushima #1???

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by TupacShakur

Also, is it just me or has the media been awfully quiet about these nuclear shenanigans?

Unfortunately its not you. They only cover whats hot even tho this is on fire, smh good point.

edit on 5/23/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
"Cooling system of Fukushima plant's No. 1 reactor not functioning before tsunami"

The No. 1 reactor's emergency cooling system at the Fukushima No. 1 Nuclear Power Plant was not functioning even before tsunami triggered by the March 11 earthquake struck the facility, according to initial data released on May 16 by Tokyo Electric Power Co. (TEPCO).

mdn.mainichi.jp...

just saw this today. the more and more I read about this the scarier it gets

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247

According to Wikipedia, 10 Sv/day is a lethal dose. Reactor 1 is reading 200 Sv/h per the OP. That's 4800 Sv/day, 480 times a lethal dose. This probably doesn't signal a meltdown because reactor 1 has already melted down according to the latest reports (and probably melted down in the first 12 hours or so after the tsunami), but this definitely signals that something is very wrong. It's not clear where that reading is being taken, if it's inside the containment vessel then it may not pose an immediate threat, but it may indicate that the core is no longer being cooled. It bears watching for sure.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
OK so I followed the link in the first post.

This graph is internal to the suppression chamber, this is not an external reading.

This is clearly not as bad as would appear from initial sight of the graph but is far from ideal. It means there is recricitality of the molten corium in unit 1. Guaranteed.

The thing has lit back up properly on the 21st to a full chain reaction.

Considering TEPCO have confirmed that the primary containment is breached and the secondary containment is like Swiss cheese the fill and spill operation has just taken a considerable turn for the worse. They have been running 200 ton of water through the core every day, and the water has been leaking back out of the vessel (to who knows where, we can only surmise the Pacific, that water will now be considerably more radioactive and they are going to need more of it to stop the Corium melting out of the bottom of the secondary containment unit (if it hasn't already). That of course means a lot more, even more radioactive water to deal with somehow.

Not the bombshell it may appear on the surface but a significant turn for the worse.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join