It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McDonald's to Replace Cashiers with Touch Screen Computers

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Reply to post by babybunnies

Exactly $10.00.

Second line.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

that has to be the best response in the whole thread.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
What next? A McDonald's vending machine?

It's becoming more and more like 'Idiocracy' every day

edit on 23-5-2011 by walltofloor because: pressed enter too quick, gadnamit.

edit on 23-5-2011 by walltofloor because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Down the drain goes humanity.

These kinds of places shouldn't be here in the first place, but replacing a real life with a computer in such a situation only shows what's happening to us. Where will the line between computer and human be drawn as we keep coming down?

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by walltofloor
What next? A McDonald's vending machine?

It's becoming more and more like 'Idiocracy' every day

edit on 23-5-2011 by walltofloor because: pressed enter too quick, gadnamit.

edit on 23-5-2011 by walltofloor because: (no reason given)

This whole thing reminds me of the old (AUTOMAT'S)......only a high-tech version.....

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL
They can't replace the workers with robots, who's gonna spit in our food!

ALS

They are working on it...

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Maybe they will replace their high quality food with poor.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Guess you can only blame yourself from now on if your orders wrong.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I've read about it in the Russian news too... Well... I don't think this thing will work in the nearest future...
I remember how they tried to use special palm PCs to take orders - special employees with this devices were coming to people in the row, asking people what they like to order and making a kind of electronic orders, if I recall correctly people got the number of their order... After that 90% of the people were founding out that cashiers don't know what to do with that number
This system worked for about a year... And then just disappeared.

reply to post by Janky Red

In Russian McDonalds most of the food is awful
But it differs in different restaurants.
edit on 24-5-2011 by AstraCat because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by banandar123

ALS

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Ordering it faster doesn't mean their going to make it faster, just another way to cut down on the staff and boost profits.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Title makes no sense, and the mcdonalds order menu for cashiers is by touch. I didn't read your post, but then again why should your post differ from your threads title?

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
oh great, now i have to go wash my hands after touching that filthy screen of oil and people's fingers.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Technologic Unemployment Commencing.

There are multiple videos that show resturants where waiters have been replaced with robots and a series of small trains which bring the food from the kitchen up to your seat, the only thing they didn't replace is the chef .
Although I recall seeing a Ramen japanese resturant where the they replaced the chef with bots x) .

I think this is a bad step for the community who work for these resturants, but big corp doesn't care if you get a job or not, they care to make more cash and cut down on expenses in the sense that robots don't need vacations, sick leaves and most certainly cash .

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Oh boy....

Ok guys, the first vendor machines/kiosks at McDonald's were introduced 1 year ago, i experienced it first hand being a manager at McDonald's. The purpose of these machines coming to the restaurant, was to increase speed of service. there were 4 machines, so 4 customers could order there, once ordered and pair for by a debit card, you will proceed to go to the counter, to get your order. there are 1 or 2 employees collecting your order, and making sure everything is there in a timely fashion. It comes in very handy when the restaurant is being swarmed during peak hours. You should try it once if you get the chance, it's not that bad, they did a pretty fine job at this.

Cashiers will NOT be replaced, these systems are simply being added. Cashiers will always remain a primary force at McDonald's, not only are they there to make sure you come back the next time, but the cashiers are also trained to try to sell you more products. Besides, let's say your burger is cold, you won't be able to tell a machine you want a refund

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by wlasikiewicz
McDonalds isnt that bad if you only have it every now and then, but replacing hum and for simple touch screens isnt the way to go. Supermarkets here (UK) have self service cashier machines where you scan your own food and pay with either cash or card and thats gets ripped off loads so the McDonalds one will only be the same. McDonalds will loose more than they make with this one.

Doubtful. They will probably have bigger losses, but part of me doesn't think so, and even if they do, they are spending less... so they can afford more losses.

True Story, I went to McDonalds last week, and ordered two orders for my friends in the car, it came to 14 and change, my buddy handed me 7$, One 5, Two 1's. My other friend handed me his card, I handed the lady the 7 dollars, and she closed the window on me when I was telling her that the remainder would be on the card...

She handed me back 88 cents....

I pulled up, both orders were correct.....

Wonder how often that happens? Probably a lot. Lets not also talk about how much food they throw out because they made the orders wrong...

This should reduce wrong orders, eliminate employee error, and only leave petty theft... and that's if even it works like super market self checkout, which I presume it wouldn't.... as there still has to be employees to make your food, and then hand it to you.

Win/Win for McDonalds....

It's almost a win for the people too, cuz really -- nobody should have to work at McDonalds anyway...

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by thegoods724
But if your actually eating mcdonalds to begin with well, your an idiot already.

That's a double classic right there.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   
In a plus side the touch screens won't spit on peoples burgers

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   
But the touch-screen won't tell you that you have to wait for this specific hamburger for 15 minutes...

I've just remembered how we were trying to make an order just before the closing time... After a few tries which ended "we ran out of this too", it was like "OK, just 2 any hamburgers and 1 any ice-cream"
and, oh, we finally got only one hamburger.
edit on 24-5-2011 by AstraCat because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Very good news.

I just hope they do not program the screen to act like a retard like most of the people that take the orders at MCDs

If I had a dollar for everytime I clearly said " I will have a Big Mac , Medium sized coke "nothing else please"

Just for some idiot to say , " would you like fries with that " ?

I just repeat loudly "NOTHING ELSE PLEASE" in a very slow monotone voice. Then you get silence like their brain is about to explode. And then they give you fries anyway.

I don't care what they have been told to say to increase sales, if someone does not listen to the real person paying their wages ( the customer ) they deserve to be replaced by a machine.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join