It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supreme Court Rules California Must Free Tens of Thousands of Inmates

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I hope this is the beginning for some real positive changes in our vengeance system.

Prisons don't help anyone. Labeling somebody a felon never helped anyone get a job or education or see the value in an honest stable life.

Hell, most of these people are likely prohibition offenders and have never hurt anyone.

Centurion is right about non-violent offenders being 'hardened.' Is this acceptable? Of course not.

Shut all the prisons down. Rather than petty vengeance we need paths to redemption and rehabilitation.

Of course the most likely outcome given how worthless and empty most Americans are will be one an earlier poster posed of a call for more taxation to fund more prisons and more guards and more misery just to perpetuate this outrageous farce we call justice.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
So, now you've made yourself sole arbiter of what's legal and what is not. Who needs our government, police and courts when we have you?

I don't know if you've noticed but the lawmakers, lawyers, judges, presidents, etc. made themselves apparent "sole arbiters" against constitutional amendments or whatever else they felt like years ago. So my question then is at what point do I stray from the herd rather than keep heading towards that FEMA train?

No, it is your opinion of whether or not to follow the law that is arbitrary. Imagine if everyone thought and acted like you.

Then what? Our government would be out of control with the economy, military and imprisonment?

Remember, that even with the laws in place, some people still think violent crimes are OK.

Exactly, they already exist, so what's new?

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
The article doesnt appear to give any indication of what kinds of prisoners will be released, under what circumstances, or over what period of time.

So, thanks FOX for a totally useless article expect for a couple quotes about buff prisoners from Antony Scalia. I hear he likes movies about gladiators. "Fine Physical Specimens".

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by metaldave
Just send the majority of the ones that are going to be released back to where they came from...
Mexico...
Might as well send the rest of the inmates(blacks) down there too...
Problem solved...

P.S.
Make them build that border wall first though...

I was actually thinking we probably cut some kind of deal with our business partners down in Columbia, and this little wave of the wand is going to free a few key players maybe some runners or organizers.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join