It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama and the Israel Lobby

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Back in my younger days, I was strongly pro-Israel when it came to matters of US foreign policy. Their enemies were our enemies and I would have supported any military/diplomatic action that made that perfectly clear.

However, with the advent of the internet more and more information seems to come to light that Israel has hijacked much of our foreign policy decision-making. To put it bluntly, it seems as though they "own" our political leaders. This has caused me to re-think my attitude on the matter.

The latest example is the combined reaction to Obama's Israel/Palestine speech...

This week's hysterical, reality-deprived reaction to President Obama's pronouncements on the Israel/Palestine conflict genuinely provoked laughter on several occasions. That happened when I thought of the intense controversy triggered by publication of Stephen Walt and John Mearsheimer's The Israel Lobby, which examined the "loose coalition of individuals and organizations who actively work to steer U.S. foreign policy in a pro-Israel direction," a coalition driven by "a core consisting of organizations whose declared purpose is to encourage the U.S. government and the American public to provide material aid to Israel and to support its government's policies, as well as influential individuals for whom these goals are also a top priority." This week's events underscore how remarkable it is that that book's argument was demonized as some sort of radical, hateful conspiracy tract rather than treated as what it was: a statement of the bleeding obvious (albeit a brave one, given that discussions of that reality had previously been taboo).

Obama's call for a peace deal ultimately "based on the 1967 lines with mutually agreed swaps" is not even arguably a change from past American policy...When even Israel-devoted stalwarts such as former IDF Corporal Jeffrey Goldberg and the ADL's Abe Foxman are dismissive of the condemnation of Obama's statements, it's crystal clear that they pose no challenge to the dominant pro-Israel orthodoxy that has shaped American policy (and political discourse) for decades.

Obama and the Israel Lobby

Reading this made me think of a few questions:

How often do you see Israel making a potentially politically disastrous maneuver to look out for our best interests? We've done it repeatedly. How often do they return the favor?

What have they got on us whereby seemingly all our foreign policy decisions have a pro-Israel slant to them?

How long did it take lawmakers to state their unflagging support for Israel when they attacked the Gaza flotilla? Why would they do this in such short-order, even before all the pertinent information to make an intelligent decision had come in?

How come so many of our high-ranking government officials have joint US-Israeli citizenship? What we couldn't find any 100% Americans to fill these positions? I understand this sort of thing can happen occasionally, but in our government it is just so common!

Will we ever reach a "tipping point"? If so, what would the outcome be?

Is the tail wagging the dog?

Even The Onion is getting into the act. (Remember this is a comedic site, yet...)

www.theonion.com...

Am I being reasonable in my questions, or am I just a blatant anti-Semite? (That was a rhetorical question; I am most certainly not anti-Semetic.)

Your thoughts?

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Hessling

The global Zionists control Obama just as they have controlled every other President over the past 100 or so years. The Zionists are responsible for bringing us into every war we have been in since at least WW1. Those that attempt to go against the Zionist agenda are taken care of (JFK). When I speak of the Zionists I am not talking about the regular, everyday Jewish population of Israel or any other nation. They are pawns in the same game that we are pawns in. Think of it like a big game of Risk.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
That joint citizen crap drives me up the wall, if you have dual citizenship your loyalties should be questioned and you should not be in a position of power.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

That joint citizen crap drives me up the wall, if you have dual citizenship your loyalties should be questioned and you should not be in a position of power.

Now, if you were to hijack someone's government, what would be the best way to go about it? How about inserting individuals in positions of power whose primary loyalties do not lie with that nation? It is permitted because the American people have been asleep at the wheel for decades.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by lokdog

I agree.

That's one part of the equation that really doesn't make any sense to me. If, for example, our Defense Department heads were made up of joint citizens of any other country there would be all sorts of fallout over it.

Truly messed up!

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Rahm Emmanuel now the mayor of Chicago but before he was O'bama's chief of staff is Jewish and actually lived on a kibbutz in Israel.

I was surprised that O'bama said what he said about Israel.

I was surprised that Bebi" did not beat the crap out of him .

O"bama selected Gary Locke as Secretary of Commerce.Locke is ethic Chinese and did not even speak English until he was 5 years old.

These are strange times we live in.

Millions are allowed to come here with out controls.

American companies bailing out on the workers to move to China and make crap cheap to sell back to Americans.

It is so sad to see this happening.

Soon the whole planet will be like this.

Third world status will be the norm for us all.

No American should be allowed to hold dual citizenship.

top topics

join