It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The Beast" gets stuck in Dublin

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by HedyLamarr

LOL hes is not the beast

Be well

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Rumours are untrue that when the Beast got stuck a mobile rang inside and a Belfast accent said, "Sorry about that, wrong visit, we thought you were the Queen."

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
reply to post by Shadowalker

Its an Irish flag, goes down well with 40 million who identify themselves as Irish American, quite a large voting block in the US.

It's an IRISH flag, actually quite correct for a State visit to have flags of both countries on display.

It's called DIPLOMACY.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnGeeTee
Rumours are untrue that when the Beast got stuck a mobile rang inside and a Belfast accent said, "Sorry about that, wrong visit, we thought you were the Queen."

It wouldn't have been stuck if it was The Queen. It would have been in little pieces all over the road.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
It wouldn't have been stuck if it was The Queen. It would have been in little pieces all over the road.

WOW thats deep. Energy destroying energy.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
HAHAHAHA!

You know Obama crapped his pants thinking "OH SHXT!" hahahaha.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Nothing stops the beast!!! (except for speed bumps of course...doh)

The presidential state car is the official state car used by the President of the United States. A variety of vehicles have both officially and unofficially been acknowledged as the presidential vehicle. Since the late 1930s, the U.S. government has specially commissioned vehicles for presidential use, often specifying advanced communications equipment, special convenience features, armor plating, and defense countermeasures. American cars are traditionally chosen for the role. The most recent vehicle to be customized as the presidential car is a GMC Topkick-based, Cadillac-badged limousine often referred to as Cadillac One and occasionally as Limo One (a reference to the U.S. presidential aircraft, Air Force One) or as The Beast.

So basically, if a limo had a 3 way with a tank and james bond's car...that would make the beast.

I want one...but perhaps with a larger clearing height

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Apparently causing the most powerful man in the world to come to a complete stop isn't as difficult as once thought. Anybody else thinking that perhaps the best method to keeping Obama home and dealing with domestic issues may just be a bunch of well placed concrete?

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by thoughtsfull
Please tell me he'll be stuck in Ireland and won't be able to come to Britain!!!
Perhaps the ash cloud will descend far enough to cover the whole country in time for his visit..

I guess I am just wishing again....
edit on 23/5/11 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

Yes. Please, please let the ash cloud stop his visit. We've got enough gangsters in our own government, we don't need another one to visit, especially not this one.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
"Did anyone see Barack talk on a girl's mobile phone today? She was Jessica Walls from Skerries and she put Barack on to say hello to her mother, Glynis. RTE have just been on to Skerries News looking for her number. We talked to her and put her on to RTE. Literally 10 minutes after I gave the number we heard Glynis on RTE television. Well done Glynis you were fab.
"

this is a quote from Skerries news a local magazine! amazing, she lives 3 miles away from here!

just thought it was a nice story

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
What the hell no hover ability or secret helicopter blades to lift it,on this 8 tonne beast. What has America come to they can search every nook and crack in the whole city for bombs etc but for the love of god can't negotiate a simple gradient.

But did get a good laugh pitty that bus gets in the way....

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
The little BMW just cruised over it and that fat Caddy went CLINK! and that was all she wrote.

I don't know why but I found it extremely funny and satisfying all at the same time.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I just noticed something in the video. Look at the Secret service guy just as he gets out he acts like he is scratching but is actually dropping an unlit cigarette or something menacing. Once you see it a few times you can tell he was trying to be slick.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Old limo. The current Beast has a higher clearance. They still use the older ones.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I can't help but laugh every time I see that video. It reminds me of the U.S. economy after QE2.

I heard that once they got Michelle out of the back seat the car was able to drive away.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Big, big HUGE faux pas by the Secret Service there.

Looks funny (and in a lot of respects it is), but actually in terms of protecting the US President/most powerful leader on the planet thats farcical.

I would imagine/hope that someone got royally canned for not assessing that properly. You would think that the various routes would have been checked.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join