It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghostly Punishment?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Hi, folks.

I did a quick search and didn't see where this had been posted yet, so I apologize if someone has beaten me to it.

The following is an article about a little girl who was with her family at a graveyard to visit her brother who had died of SIDS. She was playing tag when a tombstone fell over, which was approximately 200lbs, and hit her on the head, then a second tombstone fell over on top of her.

Here's the article: www.krdo.com...

When I was searching to see if this had been posted, I came across this thread from 2008:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I have yet to read the thread from 2008, so I'm going to do that now to see if there's any similarities.

In the meantime, anyone else find it bizarre for this to have happened? I've visited many grave yards in my time and hve never had the rare opportunity of seeing a tombstone fall over just for the heck of it.

Maybe the spirits felt disrespected by the game of tag being played on top of their final resting places?
One can only guess.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Well, after reading the other thread. Both tombstones were 200lbs. and injured the children on their heads.
Hmmm.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Hi AfterThought

no, it's just like the news today here a few days ago.

A father backed his car up on the driveway when his 4 your old son decided to play behind the car, the kid didn't survive.

Moral of the story is that too many people let their kids loose without enough attention, accidents happen too much.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Hmm is right ...

I'd be asking the Parental Units some questions first...
Before
going the Paranormal route

what are you trying to say ...that the brothers ghost was trying to harm his sister

that's what I get from OP title anyhow...

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I hope she survives - very bizarre.
Children should not be playing around
old stones or any for that matter. When in
the cemetery or other dangerous places
supervise them well, take the little one
by the hand and protect them. I have
been to old cemeteries and the stones
are laying crooked in the ground, a soaked
ground from rain makes them even
more dangerous. Strange things
do happen in the cemetery.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought
Hi, folks.

I did a quick search and didn't see where this had been posted yet, so I apologize if someone has beaten me to it.

The following is an article about a little girl who was with her family at a graveyard to visit her brother who had died of SIDS. She was playing tag when a tombstone fell over, which was approximately 200lbs, and hit her on the head, then a second tombstone fell over on top of her.

Here's the article: www.krdo.com...

When I was searching to see if this had been posted, I came across this thread from 2008:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I have yet to read the thread from 2008, so I'm going to do that now to see if there's any similarities.

In the meantime, anyone else find it bizarre for this to have happened? I've visited many grave yards in my time and hve never had the rare opportunity of seeing a tombstone fall over just for the heck of it.

Maybe the spirits felt disrespected by the game of tag being played on top of their final resting places?
One can only guess.

could well be punishment,when i was a stupid teenager i took some nail gun cartridges from someone
and whent to a graveyard put a cartridge on a fallen gravestone and hit it with a brick,it squashed so i hit it again,
it made a loud bang and part of it embeded in my leg,i didnt tell anyone and it took me 3 wks to get it out.that was punishment lol...

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Grey Magic

Hi, Grey!

Yeah, I certainly agree with you there. Parents are certainly irresponsible these days! Come to think about it, so are pet owners, but I digress.

Whenever I went with my parents as a child to a grave yard, I was expected to act with the utmost respect. I never would've been allowed to run around and play tag.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by spoonbender

No, I was speaking of any possible spirits where the girl was playing, not the brother.
The tombstone that fell on her was from the 1800s.

Sorry if it came across like I was accusing the dead brother. That wasn't my intention.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Here's what I found searching for more info about people being hurt/killed by falling gravestones.

Here's info from Colorado - maybe they had signs like the one pictured at the graveyard where the girl was hurt.
www.waymarking.com...

Really. You have got to check out the link above. The sign is classic! If a tombstone the size of a man falls over like it is on the sign, you're at least in the right place. RIP!

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grey Magic
Hi AfterThought

no, it's just like the news today here a few days ago.

A father backed his car up on the driveway when his 4 your old son decided to play behind the car, the kid didn't survive.

Moral of the story is that too many people let their kids loose without enough attention, accidents happen too much.

For reasons that are not clear, this kind of accident (parents backing over their child in the driveway) happens all the time in New Zealand..

top topics

join