It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are there any limits on President Obama's license to kill

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   

No limits on President Obama's license to kill

www.csmonito r.com

As part of its war against violent extremism, the Obama administration now claims a right to kill Americans without a trial, without notice, and without any chance for targets to legally object.
How much evidence should the US government be obliged to show before it kills an American citizen? None, according to the Obama administration.

And how much evidence should the government be obliged to possess of an American’s wrongdoing before officially targeting them for killing?

That’s a secret.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.csmoni tor.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
www.csmonitor.com...
edit on 23-5-2011 by MIDNIGHTSUN because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   

As part of its war against violent extremism, the Obama administration now claims a right to kill Americans without a trial, without notice, and without any chance for targets to legally object

I guess this explain all the swat team kill of innocent civilians like marine Jose Guerena. How many people have died under this provision. If this is true than this country is now under the rule of a dictatorial president. The people of this country should not wait for their representatives to act, since their representative are in the same boat with the president, in addition to them approving the legislation giving him the power. Under the constitution the people have the right to overthrow the government, and that's what they should do.

www.csmonito r.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by MIDNIGHTSUN

I wonder how this will be used in the 2012 elections?

So much for civil discourse.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Why these times government is planning those rights ? Do they want accelerate NWO process ?

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by MIDNIGHTSUN

C'mon this is for national security, why ask questions...

are you and extremist...

my prediction extremist's are the new racist's.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Sh*t bro this is big news, there admitting they feel they have the *right* to kill citizens at anytime, what if a citizen was to fight back and kill all the *PIGS* trying to MURDER him, would he then be sentenced to death for murder ? or arrested for murder ? obviously the attempted murderers are all exempt, because thats what the *LAW* states. If i was in the US i would be booby trapping my house and my property intensely, Getting your guns locked & loaded, & be prepared to defend yourself. Start beefing up your home to be like a fortress & starting to get self sufficient, its only a matter of time before they try to *arrest* or *exterminate* YOU !

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
2012 campaign... Who is this??

"We will kill anyone we want at anytime with no penalty"

HMMMMMM

Hitler, Nope

Barrack Obama...

Hopefully this is the work of the FORMER president of the USA and not the re-elected president of the USA!!!!

What an idiot....hopefully everyone else sees Obama as negatively as I do...

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
If they can assume the power to kill anyone on a whim, why can't we?

I mean there's nothing in the Constitution that gives them this power. They're criminals, just doing it because they can.

The idea all along has been that when they start doing this, we start exercising the 2nd amendment to defend ourselves.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Chrisfishenstein

Obviously you are missing the point entirely. This is not an Obama issue, this is about the way your presidency is set up, and is evolving. As the OP stated, you now have a presidential dictatorship. He, whoever he is does not matter; nor does his party affiliation, has the right to make up his own laws as he sees fit.

Your president has all the powers of a dictator and Obama and Bush both used and abused those powers. Your congress and voters have no say against the dictator/Commander in Chief.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by wayno
As the OP stated, you now have a presidential dictatorship. He, whoever he is does not matter; nor does his party affiliation, has the right to make up his own laws as he sees fit.

If the president is a de facto dictator now, then I'm forming my own country, and the only citizen is me and I make my own laws.

Sadly this is not new, but taking it so far as to be able to kill anyone he wants without so much as a warrant is definitely a bad turn.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Its been like this for years before Obama, and you folks are just now noticing? God help all you clueless people.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Okay, I think this is disturbing, but I would like to point something out. IMO, the OP has used the fact that most people do not go to the sources before posting comments to the OPs advantage in posting this thread. There are 3 links posted in the OP all to the same page. Then in the next post, the OPs opinion, has a fourth link, also to the same page as before. Thats 4 links in two posts that go to a single Christian Science page. At first glance it makes the OP look informative, but in actuality it is not.

Is it important? Yes. Has Obama overstepped his duties to the constitution? Yes. Is it his doing? No, it is just more apparent and open with him.

Maybe the OP should have done a little more research and found other links, but to post multiple links to the same page is redundant and an attempt to look like true research was done.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
This will go nicely with their executive orders such as raiding your house without a warrant. Detaining you without trial. Which of course would mean detaining without trial in their FEMA Concentration/Death camps. Once your there you can disappear because they don't need authorisation to exterminate you.

These conspiracies that over the years have gone on about Police State scenarios, Dissolving Rights Of The People, Illegal House Searching, FEMA Extermination Camps are all looking like not a Conspiracy Theory anymore but Conspiracy FACT!!!!!

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by IPILYA
Is it important? Yes. Has Obama overstepped his duties to the constitution? Yes. Is it his doing? No, it is just more apparent and open with him.

That's an interesting way to look at it but still too positive for my taste. Just because they are being open about it now doesn't make it any better. If anything it just shows how far above the law they think they've become. It's not like they're asking forgiveness or for what the American people think about it. In the past you needed an arrest warrant and trial, or at least a formal declaration of war from Congress, or else you wouldn't even acknowledge trying to take anyone out.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

Agreed. Like I said it is disturbing, especially for me and any other that has reclaimed Freedom. Thus far it has been people associated with terrorism, but We are next on the list, especially those of us who have claimed Sovereignty.
The President is commander and chief of the military, it is the responsibility of the President to guide the military for our protection and defense only, but this is simply a fading dream. It has progressed by the governments lack of action in the past, that has brought us to the point of the government assuming the authority to protect us from ourselves, and the only way to do this is dictatorship and martial law.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vanishr
Sh*t bro this is big news,

This is not news at all. Congress Authorized this Sept 18, 2001

And in the war on terrorism, Congress has authorized the president to use "all necessary and appropriate force."

Resolution

That the President is authorized to use all necessary and appropriate force against those nations, organizations, or persons he determines planned, authorized, committed, or aided the terrorist attacks that occurred on September 11, 2001, or harbored such organizations or persons, in order to prevent any future acts of international terrorism against the United States by such nations, organizations or persons.

President Bush and the Republican Congress authorized this and now it's being blamed on Obama as his personal "License to Kill"?

The rats are coming out of the woodwork to discredit Obama, even if they have to do it with Bush and the GOP.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

President Bush and the Republican Congress authorized this and now it's being blamed on Obama as his personal "License to Kill"? The rats are coming out of the woodwork to discredit Obama, even if they have to do it with Bush and the GOP.

There all rats. Obama, Bush, what's the difference. So Obama is keeping the fire burning, he's no better than the others. This is insane.

edit to add: If Obama supports this, he can't blame his actions on anyone else although I've noticed the finger pointing has already started, lol. No one seems to take responsibility for their decisions and actions

edit on 23-5-2011 by sweetliberty because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-5-2011 by sweetliberty because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I think this is disturbing,,,,he looks like a dictator now....

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

nope, it's the declaration of independence you want to reference:

en.wikipedia.org...

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights,[74] that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.

i repeat:

But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.

we all have the same power as kingoreo or any other petty tyrant, re government, when the above conditions are found to be true.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger
we all have the same power as kingoreo or any other petty tyrant, re government, when the above conditions are found to be true.

Who/what is kingoreo (King Oreo)? I suspect I know, but perhaps you could clarify. That wouldn't be a bigoted jab at Obama, now would it?

edit on 23-5-2011 by Aggie Man because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join