It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Louisiana flood chemical contamination delayed, Mandatory evacs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Although the National Guard is on the scene, earlier this week, Louisiana Bucket Brigade expressed frustration that their call to officials for information about emergency preparations have been denied.

“People living in the flood zone need to be prepared for serious chemical contamination and clean up," warned Louisiana Bucket Brigade manager, Anna Hrybyk. The Atchafalaya Basin holds approximately 4,000 oil and gas waste pits.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/718c2b5bd5cd.jpg[/atsimg] Link to large PDF of this image

Continue reading on Examiner.com: Secret Louisiana flood chemical contamination delayed, Mandatory evacs - National Human Rights | Examiner.com

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Not only are they knowingly flooding an area that will result in a huge environmental disaster but they aren't offering a plan to prepare for it or clean it up after the flood. Exactly what the Gulf needs right now... not.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
They really seem to like oil and floods for this area...it's rather really uncanny.

mississippi flooding gulf coast oil refineries affected

It seems someone that being mother nature, a "god" or the "man"...must really hate the gulf and the area above and outward of it and the people who know how to survive by their own means when already dealing with life challenges.

I kind of want to go and take all the little critters I can and turn my pool into a proper habitat for them. :/

Just imagine a world without nuclear technology, without oil...I can't understand how anyone wouldn't think this wouldnt be a POSITIVE thing as it is leading to our own self destruction.

People are sick of gas prices STOP BUYING GAS! work together as a community speard and share your knowledge on other means..if we all really came together on this it would stop.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   

I kind of want to go and take all the little critters I can and turn my pool into a proper habitat for them. :/
reply to post by pop_science

I,agree with you!!!!!!! I,feel sorry for them all.Even the people they are having it so bad.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by danman23

Oh my god, I live in the Florida panhandle, and a number of my friends depend on the gulf to make a living. After what they've just gone through with BP, I really hate it that well... here we go again. A lot of folks probably think they were compensated, so it's no big deal. BP really did a good job with the compensations even giving the state of Florida money to advertise the beaches again, but the stress these guys went through in the process was over the edge. Many of them have gotten involved in the political aspects though, and have really started fighting for better legislation in our area and at the federal level in regards to the gulf and it's industries. I really hate to see it all over. Thanks for such a great find Dan...

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Actually, the flooding is much less extreme due to the drought factor as the dry ground is absorbing water like a sponge(much to the mainstream media's discontent). While it is a potential problem, the implication here is that it would be some massive environmental trauma. It wouldn't really. 1st of all, with the flooding much less drastic than the media has been implying, chances for that type of event are minimized. 2nd of all, the Atchafalaya Basin is an area that naturally floods. Unlike New Orleans, Baton Rouge, and the riverside industrial corridor between them, there is only a minimal levee system(relatively speaking). It is also mostly swamp with a pretty small population (Chalmette -mentioned in the article- is a heavily populated suburb that borders New Orleans). 3rd, the article isn't exactly telling the truth about Murphy. Yes, Murphy Oil, was irresponsible by allowing the contamination to occur, and it's likely the Gov't gave them a slap on the wrist for it (it's what the government does to oil companies, after all), but Murphy did indeed pay for cleanup and they bought out most of the homeowners that were directly affected to keep that area clear of residents in case it were to happen again. Bottom line, yes, residents should be warned of any potential chemical hazards, but, similar to Chalmette, if something were to happen, the company responsible would be required to pay for cleanup and residents would be able to return. Whether or not they would want to is up to them. Anyone who built in that area since the Morganza Spillway was constructed knew what they were getting into by living there. The folks who lived there before, the swamp dwelling Cajuns, have been dealing with floods for 250 or so years, and the only way they're going to be really affected is with their fishing. I'm glad I live in an area that is often the focus of conspiracy theories. It helps me properly filter all the misinformation and/or dramatic exaggerations propagated on these sites (I do need these sites to balance the opposing slant, misinformation, and propaganda coming from the MSM, too)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
You know, i am starting to think that this was all part of the PTB's plan. Oil spill, Corexit, now this flooding and remember when a few people who lived near the gulf presented themselves on youtube and were dying from some new nuerological illness? My guess is oil infused with corexit (spelling), then evaporating due obviously to the humidity and making its way in a gaseous state,to the people's lungs. Now think about it, all that water with all those chemicals, flooding the entire mississippi basin. This may be a very rough ride.

BTW, im not saying that TPTB are behind the flooding or harp or whatever, its a natural event mixed with a man made f**k up.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
If it was a TPTB directed event, one could call it an epic fail, since, other than the small towns who are getting some water, it will be a non factor in any real or long term way. As for the BP spill, that is likely still a serious matter. It will take years before we can determine the secondary health effects. But one has to admit, nothing even close to the gloom and doom predictions has happened with that one, either. God bless those affected by the current flood (altho b/n the National Guard and the locals, the temporary flood control barriers are pretty awesome) as well as the Gulf fishermen still affected by the spill.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
It seems that the prediction for where flooding will be bad has been changed a lot recently but it still doesnt change the fact that it will flood and there are these oil pits and whatnot in the area. The crest still hasn't made it down river yet either from what I can tell.. I'm seeing May 29th as the day the crest will hit and then there are prediction of 2 - 4 weeks for the water to recede. Here is a decent recent write up discussing some of this stuff: www.foxnews.com...

join