It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Annonymous

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

If anyone questions you reply with 'if you're not with them you're against them' in a rather menacing and overbearing tone. Statements and tone TPTB would be proud of. Questioning tactics, direction or motivation need not indicate either a pro or anti stance.
Further net censorship may not trouble those with the skills to work round it, I do not have those skills. One of the points I attempted to make is that ad hoc attacks on things like gaming networks merely give TPTB ammunition in it's ceaseless assault upon individual freedoms and to add to that we have yet to see what the regime changes in Egypt and Tunisia turn out to be before they can start to congratulate themselves.
I agree total apathy is not the way either. Indeed I have a long term struggle with TPTB, but reserve the right to question the tactics and motivations of either side of the divide and veiled threats will not disabuse me of that right. Your post makes it sound like we would merely exchange one oppressor for another.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus
So many people just don't seem to understand what "Anonymous" really is..

People look to it as if it's some organized group, or a person.. it's nothing of the sort

The "members" who make up anonymous change constantly.. they are every day people, though a large number of them are honestly probably teenagers with a free schedule out looking for something to occupy their times.. many are also professional adults.. the point is it's just people..

Someone might be browsing a forum and find some random conversation that causes them to group up and do something under the banner of anonymous for example.. then after whatever it is, is over with.. they go back to their lives of not knowing eachother .. more often than not it's just randomness... you can be a member of anonymous for a day and never again.. all depends on if you want to hold that banner or not.. there's no central office, nowhere to pay your dues.. and there's no CEO, Chairmen or president.

There are areas where "Anonymous" members frequent and I'm sure there are those that consider themselves full time members but there's no rank, no hierarchy, no chain of command whatsoever.. if I wanted to go make a fancy graphic tomorrow and take on a cause.. "Operation Elect Ron Paul" for example, I'm sure I could.. and it would be as valid as any Anonymous project could be.

edit on 23-5-2011 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

This

<< 1   >>

join