It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Take notice, Mother Nature is slowly cleaning house.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by JAGx1981

The Earth doesn't clean house. It is a system-automated response. You hit a wall, wall hits back. action reaction. The Earth has been infected with certain elements. This is why it rains more now. These elements are being purged and filtered through the hydro cycle. The Earth could not give a damn if we live or die because the Earth cannot give a damn. If people are where the purge is occurring, it's like a baby seal near a methane bubble. Sucks to be you.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Intelligence101
I have to agree. Something is about to go down and if anybody disagrees than there probably either delusional or in a deep denial. In the past two years it's became evident to me that something huge is about to happen. I don't know what, when, who, or why but it's going to be big and effect a lot of people. I'm ready for it thou, I just hope that if any of us are left it's intelligent, kind, loving, good hearted people.

wow, so any that disagree are either delusional or in deep denial?

How could we possibly be in denial, with all the absolutely undebateble data of proof you furnished?

After all, statements like "In the past two years it's became evident to me that something huge is about to happen" are enough for us all to take cover or kiss our rear-ends goodbye, huh?

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
It never hurts to be prepared. This is what I like to do and practice. My family things I am nutty, as well as freinds and co-workers, but I never go anywhere without some sort of "Oh-crap Kit"! Keep an eye on the sky and if it is your time, then you have to go, I think it is that simple.

Live in the now, for that is all you have.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Hello ATS members. This is my first time posting been an onlooker for years since meeting the wife. I am a firm believer in change and had to post on this one. I look at it like this. We are in a moment of major change. Take the movie 2012 for instance. There could be some truth to it but for it to all happen in one day is unrealistic. Now for it to happen over a long period of time is more like it. We have been dealing with it for years now. We are just under the time for it to all start happening more rapidly. I live in North East Texas and tonight it is about to get pretty harry hear with a major tornado watch. I'm not scared or even worried. I do care and fear for the family because this is not something anyone is going to be ready for. Who knows, maybe this is what we all need since we have so many hurting in the world and not enough people to care or do anything about unless there is money attached to it. I know I will be fine either way. If it is my time then so be it but if I am left here to manage then I will struggle to help you overcome any loses.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I think we need to be cautious about drawing such broad conclusions. The problem with doing so is that we all have very brief life spans. While it may be true that storms and other natural disasters seem worse or more frequent than we can remember them being at any point in our lives - even if some of us have lived for quite some time - that doesn't necessarily mean much when we consider that our species is believed to have roamed the earth for as long as 250,000 years. There may have been much more severe and frequent spates of natural disasters in antiquity that are part of a completely natural process or cycle of which we're simply not yet aware.

Lets say, hypothetically, that this is absolutely true. Lets say the Earth is currently undergoing some sort of change (whether you want to call it global warming, climate change, or something else) that will ultimately result in a severe uptick in storms, earthquakes, floods, famine, drastic temperature change, arctic melting, thermohaline conveyor breakdown, etc. Assume all of that is true and that we have it to look forward to.

Even in such a scenario, isn't it worth keeping in mind that we've survived ice ages and catastrophic volcanic eruptions (one is believed to have significantly reduced the global human breeding population and caused a genetic bottleneck that we can still see evidence in support of today)? Are the likely consequences of the changes people suspect may be forthcoming greater than those scenarios? And if not, then since we survived them, aren't the odds at least decent that we can adapt and survive this as well? All indications are that this would not be a sudden change ala "The Day After Tomorrow." We should have more than ample time to adapt, even in the extreme case of a 50 year critical climate shift, should we not?

Don't get me wrong. We are not promised tomorrow. An undiscovered asteroid or other near Earth object, unstoppable disease, nuclear war (although unlikely in my opinion) should it ever occur, or myriad other scenarios could and probably will someday end human life on Earth as we know it. But to assume that a climate we only see 50 to 100 years of while on this Earth is currently portending doom because we can't remember it ever being this bad in our life times seems unnecessary and premature in my humble opinion.

That doesn't discount the possibility, mind you. And I do believe we need to begin preparing - in society, through infrastructure, through energy technologies, and through agriculture - for climate change (whether natural or not depending on where you stand.) I just don't think storms "more severe than we've ever seen" in our own life times or even in several generations are sufficient grounds to assume the worst (that most of us will probably not survive some sort of imminent changes.)

Just my two cents. Peace.
edit on 5/24/2011 by AceWombat04 because: typos

edit on 5/24/2011 by AceWombat04 because: and again

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Move to northern illinois, we have harsh winters...but overall, few if any problematic tornados (knock on wood), no hurricanes, tons of freshwater, far enough away from the madrid fault line...and still plenty of producing farms, especially into wisconsin.

People here in Chicago, and others in Milwaukee are also working on mass indoor food production, and there are fish farms everywhere.

I have lived all over and in my opinion this region is one of the safest in the country....with access to canada, and the ocean via great lakes the ability to leave if need be is a option,

IMO

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Vanna

Hi!
Star and flag to this post, in fact I signed up because I just felt I had to reply to your post. Minnesota, being my home state, is one thing I know a fair amount about. Minnesota has had tornadoes ever since I can remember, perhaps check the news back in 1999 or so, when we had an F4-5 roll through on highway 30 near Storden, MN, and it ended its reign
of terror at about St Peter, MN, some 100+ miles away. 2 people died, and millions of dollars in damage was done. My own teenagers helped clean up a town, where nothing was left but the water tower.
Even seeing a tornado in Minneapolis/St Paul isn't that unusual, however, this time they touched down and did damage and took a life. I saw tornadoes hovering over the Twin Cities back in 1985, but they didn't touch down.
Just an FYI, as a SkyWarn participant for many years, I've seen alot of storms, from Minnesota, to South Dakota and even into northern North Dakota. They are even becoming common into Canada. Nothing unusual at all about tornadoes in Minnesota, as early as March 31.

Peace!!!
SK

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
"Weve only been engaged in heavy industry for a little over 200years. 200 years vs 4.5Billion? Yet somehow we humans have the conceet to think somehow were a threat, that some how were going to effect this little blue ball floating around the sun. The Earth has to deal with threats far worse then humans.. Volcanos, Earth quakes, plate techtonics, the magnetic reversal of the poles, meteors, ICE AGES. And we think some plastic bags and soda cans are going to effect Earth? No.. The planet isn't going anywhere.. Humans are. The Earth will shake us off like a bad case of fleas."

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
This planet is alive. All life on this planet is part of the greater collective called Earth. Humans are either a virus or a cancerous parasite that is destroying this planet. Check out Google Earth, you'll notice that from a high altitude that all the civilized areas actually look like infections. This planet is trying to rid itself of its sickness. Earthquakes, Hurricanes, tornadoes and floods will only increase in frequency until the Earth has reduced our population to a point where it can recover from all the harm we have caused her.

There is nothing we can do to prevent the inevitable. Some are trying but they won't succeed.

We kinda' deserve what we get.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
hi all.

in all of this "Nature-over-the-topness", there was one Event, a non-disaster event, a few days ago, that as a by-product, gives to me the very very best Advice, for these times, that I can imagine.

guess what this "event" is?!......

Harold Camping's May 21st Prophecy of end times, by his own admission, after "nothing happened", he states
that the REAL end times, October 21st, is when it all ends.

This smells to me, people, to be a "spirit-guided" action! the Real intent of this is to remind us all to...

---get right with ourselves, with our soul, with our spirit, and learn the most one can about Love, Truth, Goodness, between now and Oct 21st and on into 2012. With or without Jesus in your heart as an Avowed faith, many of you all might see heaven before your normal lifespan brings you there, soon.
thus in order to "prewarm' yourself for the afterlife, to "hit the ground running", after you arrive in heaven, you ought to try to live as best as you can, here and now, like you were in heaven, *before* you get to heaven!!

Now would be a good time to "lighten your inner load" of angers, depressions, and such; things that will go with you in the hearse, all right, but will not be "currancy" in the afterlife realms!

think: the man with a year to live with incurable cancer of the brain. what would yo DO with that year to live?!

freestone

edit on 24-5-2011 by freestonew because: needed to add a sentence

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by KarmaticInception
Hello ATS members. This is my first time posting been an onlooker for years since meeting the wife. I am a firm believer in change and had to post on this one. I look at it like this. We are in a moment of major change. Take the movie 2012 for instance. There could be some truth to it but for it to all happen in one day is unrealistic. Now for it to happen over a long period of time is more like it. We have been dealing with it for years now. We are just under the time for it to all start happening more rapidly. I live in North East Texas and tonight it is about to get pretty harry hear with a major tornado watch. I'm not scared or even worried. I do care and fear for the family because this is not something anyone is going to be ready for. Who knows, maybe this is what we all need since we have so many hurting in the world and not enough people to care or do anything about unless there is money attached to it. I know I will be fine either way. If it is my time then so be it but if I am left here to manage then I will struggle to help you overcome any loses.

Me and my children are watching the movie '2012' right now on HBO....

they are even saying, "Ma, this stuff is happening now...just like this movie"

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by aRogue
It's about bloody time Mother Earth gave all of us a good spanking...
edit on 23-5-2011 by aRogue because: (no reason given)

She also needs to pull out the Golden Paddle of the Gods and gives us a good paddling with it. She must be real pissed from the nuclear power plant disaster.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
This is a chart from NOAA that shows the number of tornadoes F3 and higher between 1950- 2005. You can see that in the 1970s a serious spike in the amount

www.ncdc.noaa.gov...

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcellante
reply to post by Caji316

Can anyone tell me what 26th Sept is about??!

Did I miss something???

There has been a lot of talk among the prophecy folk on the net of a very large earthquake occurring on this date (7.5+). Although, it might occur on the 27th, depending on the time zone. So, maybe that is what this is all about.
edit on 24-5-2011 by sliceNodice because: took out tsunami, as there is some debate as to whether that is connected

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Well thats kinda of my point, you just choose your own way to put it. The Earth DOES clean house or there would still be houses where the disasters have leveled the ground to flatlands.

Over populations, thoughts as yours, and others can all be gathered into the same basket and the seeds can mix together and you can get what ever falls out first.

But take a good look people, the ones doubting, if you can sit there and truly say the disasters in the past year or decade for that matter have not increased you are delusional and blind thats it, that is just all there is and that is my defense on it because it's there for you to see, if you don't want to agree, don't.

Thanks again everyone for the input.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkmask

You think like me my friend, thank you for taking the time for that.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join