It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Take notice, Mother Nature is slowly cleaning house.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Under Water

I live in New Jersey and haven't experienced any natural disaster. There's been tornado warnings but the 17 years i've been alive i haven't experienced one. Im in South Jersey about 40 minutes from Philadelphia. Mostly farmland and woods.. drive east for an hour and you're at the beach. I recommend it ( yes despite its political bull# and having some of the most ridiculous laws)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I happen to agree with shagreen heart (or however you spell it), because solar activity is picking up, we are reaching solar max and there is no denying that solar activity has a direct effect on weather patterns on the earth as it has for millions upon millions of years....

There is no 'cleaning up'..this is just mother nature at work. Oh and perhaps you may not realize this yet, but humans are a part of mother nature also...There's no singling out a particular specie...it doesn't matter how special you think you are.

edit on 24-5-2011 by laiguana because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Slowly is the keyword here it seems...

TOP 10 DEADLIEST NATURAL DISASTERS

1931 - 1,000,000–2,500,000 people died from flooding in China

1887 - 900,000–2,000,000 people died from flooding in China

1556 - 830,000 people died from an earthquake in China

1970 - 500,000 people died from a cyclone in Bangladesh

1839 - 300,000 people died from a cyclone in India

526 - 250,000–300,000 people died in an earthquake in Turkey (Antioch)

1976 - 242,419--665,000 people died from an earthquake in China

1920 - 234,117 people died from an earthquake in China

2004 - 230,210 people die from Indian ocean tsunami

2010 - 222,570 people die from an earthquake in Haiti

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Who knows? Maybe the upside to all the flooding and mess it makes is that it might flush out some of that Corexit/oil mess and get some needed oxygenated water into the gulf. But then again maybe not. At least we can hope there's some kind of benefit and re-balancing when nature does its thing.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
Is it really Mother Nature or Uncle HAARP?
Regardless, it just might truly be the end of days.

Far far simpler than that. The world is warmer (irresepective of whether you believe it is natural or man induced). That means more energy in the climate and thus more energy in weather systems. So it gets wetter, windier, drier, hotter, colder (yes !) depending on where you are.

There is a debate on whether a warmer world would influence the tetonic plates. So with a heavy warning that this is my assumption : Given the Earth is like a slushy ball covered in moveable thin plates it only seems reasonable that increased heat will cause thermal expansion and thus induce more tetonic activity ie earthquakes and volcanoes.

So there you have it a warmer world is definitely a cause for livelier weather and possibly increased geological activity..........but it's not God, not Niburu, not Elenin not HAARP and not the end of the world.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

You sound really like "screwed". Find a way to dodge the disaster as much as you can. Try to increase the survivability by studying all kinds of scenarios and future information. That's why we are humans and not animals.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I can't think of a year of my life (46 and counting) when there wasn't a flood, earthquake, landslide, sinkhole, fire, etc. etc. etc.

I don't think recent history has been any more violent, its just our communication has improved greatly.

However that being said...

Our world is "alive", it moves and changes all the time, it has seen extremes of hot/cold, dry/wet that make our current times seem positively tame (because they are tame.)

We live in a unique time that has been pretty kind on the whole to Humans as far as climate is concerned.

However its not going to stay that way.

In the end I would say that "cleaning house" might not be the correct metaphor. I would says its more like a "Gauntlet of evolution", we better adapt or we will be replaced.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
This is a letter I sent out to everyone I know on May 8-2011

show details May 8

Share this with people you care about in the midwest to south- ok?

If you are not paying attention - you may well be dead soon.

Do you check the weather before you head out to work or go to bed at night? If not, it might be a good idea if you start doing so- today.

I am in a Storm Chaser/Meteorologist forum that is closed to the general public, I am an accepted member and we run a weather station that provides feeds to weather sites that feed through NOAA.

Needless to say these past two years have been a rollercoaster somewhat resembling the Jet Stream pattern as it has evolved.

I get questions by people who actually do pay attention. Like: Why all of the heat -drought and wildfires in Russia last summer? And 'Why all the Floods worldwide last year, like in Pakistan and Australia?"

Well for the same reason that the U.S. is most likely to go through total hell this year. Yep- it's our year to feel the 'heat' it seems.

Most Americans are clueless as to the happenings the past couple of years in weather related disasters worldwide. We have luckily been relatively unscathed. The powers-that-be of course, have been trying to figure out how to make a dollar from disaster while everyone else is losing homes- lives- health- land- crops. They have been watching. And it's now time that you need to.

NORTH LITTLE ROCK, Ark. — A National Weather Service spokesman says the agency's North Little Rock office has issued more than 2,000 alerts in the past three weeks.

Warning coordinator John Robinson at the weather agency's office at the North Little Rock Airport said Friday the office had issued a total of 2,123 bulletins between April 14 — when the storms began — and Friday.
That amounts to about 9 inches of paperwork piled up at the weather agency's office, which covers most of Arkansas. Robinson says the weather service has issued 144 tornado warnings and hundreds of other flood and flash flood warnings and statements.

So far, the storms and floods in Arkansas have killed at least 23 people since April 14.
www.therepublic.com...

And it is much worse in Miss, Ala, Ga.

This is a weather pattern that has set itself up over the winter here and seems to still be in play. And it is very simple to understand- as long as you remember that hot, moist air rises and cool air drops.

I have been watching the Jet Stream for over 10 years now, and looking at historical images.

Our Jet Stream is 'guided' by the temperatures of ocean currents. hot, moist air rising from the Pacific Ocean has forced the Jet Stream farther north than usual over the Pacific area. Then the Jet Stream appears to be trying to 'self correct' by dropping lower over the U.S. land mass- generating a 'loop'. When it reaches the area of the Mississippi it turns back north-dramatically- because of warm moist air driving in from the Gulf.

Simply, the Jet Stream is being pushed into a more dramatic north/south loop than I have ever seen- or can find in historical records. At the same time the upper air speed of the Stream has risen. This has pulled upper atmospheric air down with it - this is air that is nearly at 'space level' at 40,000 feet. And yes, Space is 0 degrees.

When this cold air has been pulled down (creating strong low pressure systems) that then collided with the warm, moist air from the Gulf at the upward turn of the Jet Stream- it has generated these storms. From the winter storms that dumped much more snow on the eastern half of the US than normal- to the storms that have driven the tornadoes for much of the Spring. The reason we are flooding is because the ground is still saturated from all of the snow melt from winter. These will get astronomically worse in the coming weeks. The major media hasn't told you the half of it. But if you saw any of the reports from Australia this past year - you know what we are up against.

I don't see this Jet Stream pattern dissipating any time soon. It seems to have a rhythmic flow- dropping down, looping dramatically, then easing up for a few weeks. It is starting to feel like a 'never ending storm'.

I have now spent a great deal of the spring watching (through live, streaming, personal feeds) chasers who work for the Discovery Channel and Weather Channel freaking out over the extreme readings and very very concerned- this year more than any other.

On the morning of the main Super Outbreak I saw CAPE readings that went over 4500 for Alabama. And Dew Points of over 75. And the shear was astronomical.

I have never seen that before. 4500k/js.

Meteorologists on our board had never seen that before-personally. We knew people were going to die across the south that day. All we could do was pray.

Well I will finish this another time- with more details and etc.

But for now- if you have access to a basement, open it up for neighbors and friends who may be too shy to ask, not wanting to seem alarmist.

If you are without an underground protection place, find one. Hang out there on the next warning day- library, friends house, church, what have you. No matter what. Bring water with you- and dry food (jerky, trail mix, protein bars, dry soup mixes etc.)

Be prepared. Don't be a victim of what is to come. And if the day turns out clear- just thank the Lord and when the warnings come again, and they will, do not discount them.

Best Regards

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by JAGx1981

I'm 58 and lived through a tornado in Missouri and a flood............but in comparing the last ten years things are escalating.

And it may not be all "Mother Nature"............can you say HAARP?

The culling has begun, and the bastards that are arranging these "natural disasters" are sneaky mfs........they are making weather altering technology look like "natural SHTF".

Now yes I agree some of this may be our Planet (My girlfriend's grandfather / Native American) said that our planet is a living conscious being and she is getting tired of the fleas biting on her back and like a big old dog is gearing up to shaking us off her.

Some of it could also be cycles, we're suppose to be having solar waves hitting our portion of the galaxy now and this is going to also step things up a bit.

Could be some or all of the above but one thing is clear, you are right, stuff is getting weirder by the year.

TPTB, the psychopaths that are really pulling the strings are taking advantage of the situation, trying to bring about even more destruction and mayhem.

Your best weapon is knowledge and preperation to survive. Take a course in CPR, survival, actually learn how to find grubs and cook and eat one
Learn which plants we call weeds are edible.

Mostly if something big happens, where you are will determine partly if you initially survive. How cool, calm and knowledgeable you are will then determine how long you survive.

I have a feeling it's like we're on a roller coaster and the cars are still zooming uphill, we haven't reached the top yet and once we do the downhill journey is going to be one hell of a ride.

Good post, good luck and safe journey to all.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

I don't think people are acknowledging your post, but I will.

It would seem people get very caught up in their time and limit their focus to their own experiences, as in the "End is Near" because I'm alive to see it.

This isn't the worst time for natural disasters ever, but the people that are writing that are simply observing it now.

I think this is what you're saying.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Stratus9

I liked reading that, the real Question is the question and that is Why? We certainly know something is not right. I know it is cyclical in Nature and we are on that swing, but I still think ELE-nin is too, and our Sun, and the Interstellar Fluff, coupled with the Precession of the Solar System to the Milky Way!

This past winter for me was like taking a Zone 8 and suddenly thrusting it into a Zone 3 (the difference of 19 degrees versus 3 or lower F) Plants died instantly who could not tolerate that kind of freeze. Palm trees everywhere dead for miles on end. Most Oleander bushes and other deciduous woody plants froze right to the ground. Fruit trees were hit to the graft! I personally lost every bulb I have ever collected over the past 10 years. Some trees I had nurtured for just as long taken right to the roots. The costs are incredible, the recovery on that scale will take years, one more winter like that and our biodiversity will be cut in half. I live in the Desert Southwest.

Now the buzz in the Nurseries and the Home Improvement Garden departments must be reporting record profits by now; I have witnessed lines for plants and growing mediums.

I keep trying to replant, but I keep getting the impression by way of "Spirit" that the ground is about ready to stop supporting life for a bit. The levels of mold spores has shot through the roof and the sand storms set into drying everything to the bone.

So now the weather is different once more, our Spring Winds, which are notable in the Desert Regions where the sands begin to move like an enormous monster; we are nearing the end of May and they have not stopped! I call it Windpocalypse!

It was made official, we just past our record number of days without rainfall for the region. I have not personally seen rain since October of 2010. Not a drop! The snow we did get was so frozen that it sat on top of the sand blowing around like styrofoam; it all evaporated like dry ice.

OK, well that was probably just a rant, but I think we have to look outside of our Atmosphere if we really want to know why things are changing. They are changing on all the other planets too! Jupiter losing a spot, then a band, then the band comes back; Saturn getting some mighty big storms! I know, all normal, and all timely, but there is more by far and it is coming to a Peak! I do believe.

Thanks Stratus9 for stepping forward, I hope you create more posts and maybe even some "under the table" News if it should happen your way! It would be nice if someone finally pushes the big red button of Alert and gets people to safety versus keeping us in the dark to "weather the storm".

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Exactly, slowly as I stated. But some tend to not see the significance of these intensifications, its is just breathtaking, you all just watch, we will see some MASSIVE hurricanes this year, I don't know how many will actually effect land, but if it stays on par of the recent events, be ready to see some things you always dreaded.

I have read througb this thread which I must say I thank everyone for the input.

To me, it doesn't matter if it's natural Earth changing patterns, Harp, or Zeus, the last four 4 months have had EQ's, and all the other things, as well as a volcanic eruptions.

The death tolls from that great example Chadwickus shows you. If you notice as times goes by and people learn more the death toll dropped as warning systems became more influencial and useful. But more would have died than ever if it wasn't for our non perfect warning systems now. And you can look at it at many different angles of opinions too.

This is mother nature, I don't think we will ever be able to master a system to perfectly create warnings that are dead on, the close we got that is the most helpful in the big boy disasters is the hurricane tracks, they usually are around 80% accurate when tracked, and depending on on how close to land it is, the % goes up.

It's clear they are getting stronger, I mean at vids made of the first 5 months of this year, then in 2010, it's undeniable. There is nothing we can do about it, just find a way to survive.

Sooner or later one will be coming your way! Be ready or get beatdown.

edit on 24-5-2011 by JAGx1981 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I'm on my phone so can't post links, but I'm sure you can easily find these things with google.

The storm spot on jupiter had doubled (maybe tripled) in size in the last 10 or so years. I've read that venus is having lots of really bad storms when it used to be fairly quiet. There are other planets that have noticeably different weather than they used to.

So...other planets, in our solar system, can have changes in weather that indicate an increase in storm numbers and intensity but there's just no way that earth's weather is changing?

Ha ha. That's funny...

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Call me paranoid, but as much as the people who built the thing says it's not capable of any real weather modification, or communication interference or satellite / missile disruption...their patent for HAARP says otherwise. It stresses the high possibility of these potential capabilities. And 2ndly....I just have this gut feeling that some of the things that are happening are not naturally caused.

Mother Earth has a way of cleaning house...mankind has a way for destruction and have already built the tools to do it. Believe what you want, and so will I.
edit on 24-5-2011 by sdrawkcabII because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Greensage

Why?

Ok here is a hint. Put a jar full of baby oil in the sun. Take the same size jar and fill it with baby oil- and mix a little graphite in it - graphite is pure carbon. Wait an hour and check the temperature of both.
That is simplicity itself.

Now understand that tornadoes and hurricanes are two methods that the Earth uses to release surface heat.

The IPCC has been prognosticating extreme weather for years - backed by thousands of studies by thousands of scientists world-wide. Now it has happened. And some people are still desperately trying to look elsewhere for answers. It is mind-boggling. The Carbon Fuels industry has spent millions on a drastic PR campaign starting in the 1990's to prevent people knowing about or understanding climate change - and it appears to be wildly successful.

One of the main media companies the carbon fuels industry has used to hide, obfuscate and make people climate change doubters is the same company that Reynolds and other tobacco companies used for years to hide the real dangers of smoking from the American public through 'media management'.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I have to agree. Something is about to go down and if anybody disagrees than there probably either delusional or in a deep denial. In the past two years it's became evident to me that something huge is about to happen. I don't know what, when, who, or why but it's going to be big and effect a lot of people. I'm ready for it thou, I just hope that if any of us are left it's intelligent, kind, loving, good hearted people.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
Mother Nature isn't too happy with her inhabitants

I have been saying the same things you have. Things are getting more intense all over the world weather and natural disaster wise.

I started looking at all the various sites that show weather over the decades, volcanoes and earthquakes...It all seems to be increasing in intensity..

I live on the east coast of Florida, Space Center side, and I am nervous for this years hurricane season. I have this feeling it will be an active one and not a good one. We havent had any real hurricanes here since 2004, which was just nuts! I hope it's not an active season but something tells me it will be.

I see your point, and anyone with half a brain has to wonder if this extreme weather will mean something major down the line.

I would just like to point out, it may have nothing to do with our actions that make "mother nature clean house"

Why did she pull the plug on the dinosaurs? I think life is best summed up like the tide, an ebb and flow. It builds up, and washes away, builds up, and washes away, then maybe looks a little different, builds up and washes away. and so on, and so on, and so on. Until the universe finally comes up and washes it away.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Stratus9

Thankyou for posting that info

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Absolute BULL#. Disasters are not increasing. The thing that is increasing is the population, number of populated areas, and the density of population in those areas THUS there is an infinitely greater chance for the same magnitude of disasters as is historically natural to cause far greater damage. 100+ years ago a 7.0+ earthquake may have struck a farm area or empty field and been no news at all whereas now it could strike the same area at the same magnitude and now theres a city there and mass damage. Then you get sillys screaming that the world is ending and that disasters are so much stronger now than the past.

Scientists repeatedly say that the frequency and magnitude of amount of these events hasn't increased (other than some natural cyclical differences, like the sun going through its phase of more emissions etc), only the population density and ability to spread word of the disaster around the world instantly has. Not to mention many weather/geological statistics haven't been recorded before the last dozens or hundred of years or so, thus its pretty easy for new "records" to be made given such a tiny tiny timeframe in comparison to the age of the earth. But hey lets believe some random doom and gloom propaganda from a guy on a conspiracy website over scientists /eyeroll.
edit on 24-5-2011 by darkest4 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Ranthenae

I haven't read all the posts yet so sorry if this has been mentioned, but aren't all the planets in our solar system heating up a bit now and experiencing bad weather? I am guessing this is all related to something about where we are in space. Getting a hybrid car to replace the SUV may help and be a good gesture but I have a feeling we are being tossed into something our species has no say in whatsoever.

EDIT...sorry now I have read through and see it has been mentioned...right above my post as a matter of fact. Oops...sorry.

edit on 24-5-2011 by SheeplFlavoredAgain because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join