It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Take notice, Mother Nature is slowly cleaning house.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I tend to shy away from the idea we're having an increase in natural disasters overall because we're only alive in the blink of an eye when you zoom back a bit.. but at least in the range of my life time, we're on a rise this year ...

I say that while my TV is issuing tornado warnings in 3 counties around me and my power flickers off and on from the lightning strikes

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
In my opinion the weather is changing. I remember back in Jr High on the Gulf Coast (hate to admit this but it's been about 23 years since then), my Science teacher taught us about hurricanes for a week. I clearly remember her saying that Cat 5 Hurricanes only come once every 100 years or so, we weren't due to have another one for about 50 more years. (Sorry folks I can't remember when Camille was exactly) She also said that hurricanes and cyclones are the 'air conditioners' of the planet, if you will, and that their main function was to cool the planet. Whether or not it's us, planet X, galactic alignment, what have you, causing it, the amount of hurricanes that Mother Nature is throwing out to cool our planet should be telling us something, each system has a function. Even what we see as natural disasters have a natural reason for being here, tornados and super storms as well. So maybe we should be asking, why is Mother Nature doing all this? How can we help her fix it, otherwise we'll be homeless (planetwise).
edit on 23-5-2011 by Ranthenae because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Under Water

You're right. Really all homes that are in tornado or hurricane areas should be built like that. Steel geodesic domes are supposed to withstand up to 200 mph winds!

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
In my opinion this is just my opinion. Things have been shaping up to get bad storms etc. The reason it is so "devastating" is that we did not ever prepare. I cant find where I read it, but we have the same amount of storms every year. Its just they have finally hit populated area's. This is probably due to population growing. That is just my opinion.

Where I live in Minot right now it is flooding. 2 years ago it did the same thing except they sand bagged before the rain came and all the snow melted. This year well I guess they thought they would wait and be lazy and sandbag after it starts.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by JAGx1981

well i`m in rockford,il. and this is not comon
www.youtube.com...

edit on 5/23/11 by awcgs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by awcgs

well i`m in rockford,il. and this is not comon
www.youtube.com...

edit on 5/23/11 by awcgs because: (no reason given)

It happens just not often. Google some info. Its rare, but it does happen. I don't know I just think like I said due to expansion of population we are noticing it more.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by kennylee
The worst tornado outbreak in US History was of course in April 3-4 of 1974.
www.publicaffairs.noaa.gov...

Does anyone know how this years outbreaks compare to this? Has this years topped the record? Thanks for this thread OP. It does seem that Mother Nature is upset. The weather seems to really be extreme this year...

These are worse. And this is a sign I have been waiting for since the year spent I studying the IPCC models and science on Climate Change in 1998. This is what caused me to move from the midwest to a non-tornado area a few years ago and now I am damn glad of it.

April 2011 was one of the most active, destructive, and deadly tornado months on record for the United States, and could become the benchmark that future months will be compared to. According to data from the Storm Prediction Center (SPC), there were 875 preliminary tornado reports during the month, and the final tornado count will approach the all-time monthly record of 542 tornadoes after all storm surveys are completed. The previous April record was 267 tornadoes, which occurred in April 1974, and the record for any month was May 2003, when there were 542 confirmed tornadoes. The 30-year average for number of April tornadoes is 135.

...The tornado-related death toll for April 2011 currently stands at 369 people, with tens of thousands of injury reports. It is likely the count of tornado-related fatalities will rise as more complete storm surveys become available. This is the most monthly tornado fatalties since the Doppler radar network was deployed in the early 1990s.

Read through the outbreak and death toll list here: www.ncdc.noaa.gov... for April. I bet that some of these you did not even know about. The major media has been keeping as tight a lid as possible on outbreaks.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
It's not just Storms and Hurricaines, it's not just Earthquakes and Tsunami's, it's bloody everything!

Everywhere is being touched by some unexpected problem, in one shape or form.

Believe me or not, this is actually true. It has even stopped raining in Britain pretty much! Now you can't tell me that is normal lol!

As it stands now, due to drought, the UK is expecting to lose 10-15% of it's entire crop this year, and it's not even summer yet. If it doesn't start raining soon, it will probably increase to 30-35%. That is alot of crop gone. Obviously, if the drought continue, then that number will increase significantly as the plants are dieing already.

This is not only local to Britain, but is Europe wide. This year has seen significantly less rainfall than previous years. If the pattern that is happening in Britain follows throughout Europe, we could see a really bad food shortage the world over.

Something is definetley up when it stops raining in Britain! Ok I am adding a bit of the comic relief, but there is something happening, and everybody can feel it. You can push it back and ignore it, but you know and I know it's there. I'd say it's been there and growing for about a year now, maybe more. Something is coming, I don't know what, but something is coming.

edit on 23-5-2011 by AmatuerSkyWatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
With all the natural disasters this year, I am afraid of what we will see come hurricane season. My gut is telling me it will be horrible.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Temps go up, some people scream Global Warming.

Temps go down, some people say Global Warming is B..S.

Fact is, and you probably learned this in High School, when you pump energy into a system, the extremes get more pronounced.

So you pump energy into the atmosphere, and the weather spikes will get more extreme, both on the up and on the down side.

Just common sense

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Where you see cleaning house, I see just another obstacle that life's thrown in the way. Sort of like 'children, there's more ways to be of a civilization and get into space then by cementing over Me!'. It's a wake up call of sorts. I suspect, although noone does like to admit it, that the 'useless' awareness/souls could be recycled in the end to reshape themselves. It's a touchy topic and I can't be sure of it. I do see that if we are to thrive out in space, we must first live in commune with the planet. What comes of the ones who try to deny that or reject it I do not know.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
This is how a geophysicist described a possible effect on geophysics (quakes/volcanoes) from climate change.

Take a balloon (earth) and fill it with room temperature water. Now coat the balloon with clay. Wait for it to dry. Then warm the water inside. What happens?

It is the same with gasses. They expand with heat. Expanding gasses can cause added, upward pressure on volcanoes.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

You're right. Really all homes that are in tornado or hurricane areas should be built like that. Steel geodesic domes are supposed to withstand up to 200 mph winds!

Yea but, what about refrigerators, lumber and bricks flying at 150 mph? The problem with Tornadoes is they are a a swirling debris field that just beats hell out of anything in it's way. The more crap gets knocked off and into the wind, the more crap hits the next place. The only way to survive a direct hit is to be underground. That hospital they showed on TV tonight, I am sure, was built tough. It looked like it was hit by the worlds largest shotgun. I used to think my brick house would be safe, that does not appear to be so from what I have seen.

I don't tend to buy in to man made global warming, last winter was quite cold (yea, yea, weather is not climate, I know.) But.... if this weather keeps being wacky for a few years, I will become born again and baptized in Al Gores Church of Carbon Sequestration. I doubt that occurs. I feel confident what we have here is a spate of bad weather.

The year of Katrina was a bad weather year too, it calmed down quite a bit since then. Sometimes tornadoes hit empty fields and empty trailer parks. Sometimes they roll through a populated area and hit a Walmart. It's a crap shoot.

Variable

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   

yup....

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by AmatuerSkyWatcher

Watch the Jet Stream. It is heat or cold masses of air that drive the jet stream - kind of like paddles on a pinball machine. The Jet Stream is getting forced farther north over the Oceans because of hotter than normal air rising from the surface. Then when the Jet Stream comes back down it is seemingly 'self correcting' and making these major loops - sucking down cold, dry air behind it.

It has become a pattern since last year and is what created the drastic heatwave in Russia- and the Floods in Pakistan. Then the same pattern created all of the snow over the US last winter - which has melted and saturated the mississippi delta areas leading to flood.

And this is the same pattern that keeps pulling these low pressure systems over the US- where that colder air now meets up with moist warm Gulf air and fires up these storms. I don't see it ending.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Stratus9

Well a science guy I know, told me there is serious evidence to suggest that the Jet stream might fail altogether.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

Nature is all about balance, there is too much negativity, and people are too easily distracted (by things like the internet, and other namely materialistic items) to notice things like this. In other words, too many people have lost touch with Mother Earth.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nobama
reply to post by Screwed

You sound like Mr Camping, and we all know what happened there....

The difference is

1. I do not subscribe to nor perpetuate a mind prison.
2. I am not offering a hard date.

This is all part of the cover up I'm afraid.
Get people used to hearing dates for this and dates for that.
These are points in time. Exact points in time that people are zeroed in on,
People are focused on, people are zoomed in on, if you will.

What that does is keeps people from seeing the bigger picture. People have tunnel vision right now added to the "Chicken Little Syndrome". We are being set up here people.
We are waiting for a particular "DATE" to happen and it isn't going to!!!!
It will not happen on a "DATE"! It will not happen on a particular "TIME"!!
It is spreading itself out over a larger period than just one day!!,,,,therefore........we don't see it.

Frog, pot,boiling water,..... anyone????

By the time the "DATE" does arrive, it will be much to late.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
There will continue to be an increase of "natural disasters" as the population increases.
The less people on the planet, the less likely chance humans will encounter a natural disaster.

The reason there seems to be so many natural disasters now is because there are 7 billion of us spread across the planet there to document those natural disasters.

People remain in hotspots despite all the dangers and warnings.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I'm thinking that the 'nasty' weather increases are a direct correlation to the increase in negative energy in our world and environment. Energy does not disappear, it just changes form. The negative energies, thoughts, communications, traffic snarls with rage, rude people, selfishness, etc. etc. etc. are building and these storms are building as well from the negative.

But not just the storms. They are just 'part' of the picture. We need positive energy reinforcement BIG TIME! And I think it might be too late, but the scale is still able to be tipped in the positive direction. Come on everyone! Every little bit helps!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join