It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Take notice, Mother Nature is slowly cleaning house.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+31 more 
posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I have been in alot of natural disasters through my life. When I was just a youngster I remember being in a truck when a F2 lifted our truck into one of those deep type of drainage ditches, I have rode out alot of hurricanes in my short 29 years, Georges, Ivan, Katrina, just to name a few. I actually stood in awe in the calm of Katrina's eye wall as it passed.

I have lost loved ones and loved possesions and it is a feeling that is surreal and a sheer glaze of emptiness that I cannot even find the right expressions for.

I'm not big on '' The world is ending, global meltdown '' or any of that type of feelings, although I do have a little side of me that keeps the eye open just in case so I'm not caught blind with a sucker punch in the back.

These disasters are getting stronger in every sense. This is not '' We are in a media world where things are magnified cause of all the technology'', disasters are getting far worse and stronger. Don't know why, can only speculate like the rest, but I have a dark feeling the worse is yet to come.

My point of this thread is to hope when you read this you sit for a moment and process what has happened in the last 4 months and compare. Things in this span of months have not happened like this before in this short of time, at least not in my lifetime. I have heard '' historic '' more than ever when it comes to natural disasters the past 4 months. My final conclusion is Mother Earth is cleaning house.

We just rent out time here, and soon we all leave here. You can't take nothing with you, I haven't never seen a hearse with a luggage rack.

I ask you to be ready to adapt, cause you may not have a choice soon. Thanks
edit on 23-5-2011 by JAGx1981 because: spelling failure

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I'm with you! I'm not big on the"end of the world" hype but have noticed an increase in natural disasters! I can't help but wonder how much of a role this "niburu" planet/dwarf is playing in our climate change!! Winters are longer in the summer every year...and vise versa. reply to post by JAGx1981

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
S+f and i fully agree. When I hear of tornadoes in Minnesota! What the heck is going on! Here in NC we just had some doozies but its nothing compared to just yesterday/last night in Arkansas. Something is surely different this year, we shpuld all begin to prepare so we dont lose everything we have, should it happen to us too.

I grew up in oklahoma...i have slept through tornadoes but those times are over...

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Yeah, living on the gulf coast, i've seen more than my fair share of hurricanes, and it's definitly getting more frequent and more powerful as I get older. There doesn't seem to be any safe places in this country to move to that you don't have to worry about some sort of natural disaster. I want to move out in the hills and build me one of these houses... they are awesome and should be the new standard of home design.

www.monolithic.com...

Whether it’s your home, your children’s school or some other structure that you and your loved ones spend time in, nothing beats knowing that you’re in a place that cannot be destroyed by most natural or manmade disasters. That’s the confidence Monolithic Domes offer. They meet or exceed FEMA’s standards for providing near-absolute protection. Monolithic Domes are proven survivors of tornadoes, hurricanes, earthquakes and fires.

They are also somewhat bullet proof!

edit on 23-5-2011 by Under Water because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by JAGx1981

Ya, they had a "record" outbreak of tornadoes, followed shortly by an outbreak that broke the previous record! Then they had an "epic" flood of the Mississippi less than 20 years after their last "100 year flood" and now we have this outbreak of tornadoes that is expected to be one of the top 10 deadliest storms of all time, and it is still ongoing with severe storms expected today through Thursday!

Considering the high temps here in Florida today will be approaching 100 degrees, I am thinking the hurricane season will start early.

Texas and Oklahoma are in the middle of the worst drought since the Dust Bowl.

South Florida is conserving water, because a drought there has caused Lake Okeechobee to be so low that water cannot be moved by canal to the major metropolitan areas, and if it drops another foot or two they will have major fresh water shortages in south Florida.

And that is just the Spring Weather, that doesn't begin to account for earthquakes and tsuamis over the past year or so!

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Was just thinking this very thought to myself today. It *seems* as though, for instance, the tornado activity is unprecedented this year - but I would like to see some stats to know if that's indeed true. I've been around for 43 years, and I certainly don't remember anything like it, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's so. But, yes, it certainly does seem that the current level of natural disasters (tornadoes, earthquakes, floods), especially coinciding, is unprecedented.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I agree with all your replies, and thank you. Yes living on the Gulf coast is a job right now, we probably suffer more than any region on Earth when it comes to a year round struggle with nature on a constant basis.

I'm not sure what is causing the intensification of this all, it could be the pressure we put on our planet or it could just be the Earth chaning like it has since it's birth.

But one week you have the 1st F5 in Mississippi's history, and then one almost in Canada bascially, I mean this is not some tongue and cheek non worry issue this is very serious.

I think the focus should be on creating a plan for safety, material things should be tossed aside for good.

Watch, I bet you more than a few monster hurricanes will occur this year.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Yes I like that you brought up water, I have been reading and spending alot of time on the aquifer situation that gets overlooked. We need to focus on water its our only hope once these things occur and after experiencing no water after Katrina, I had to get it old fashioned way cause FEMA took to long.

Now I have 2 hand pump water areas on my natural spring areas on my property, ( Have more than 10 acres of woods.)

I agree with the hurricane, it should be interresting.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
The worst tornado outbreak in US History was of course in April 3-4 of 1974.
www.publicaffairs.noaa.gov...

Does anyone know how this years outbreaks compare to this? Has this years topped the record? Thanks for this thread OP. It does seem that Mother Nature is upset. The weather seems to really be extreme this year...

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
What I find funny is the several comments saying "I'm not into the whole 'End of the world' thing".
HA.
You can be as "Not into it" as you want brother.
I'll make you a bet though.
I'll bet you that you WILL be "into it" soon enough!!!

It may just take some persuading to bring you around, That's all.

All I see is people who are fighting tooth and nail to hang on to any sense of normalcy they can
while they can.
The show's almost over my friends.
I for one see this as a great and liberating thing and have come to terms with it.
Life as you know it is about to forever change.
Most of you reading this will not survive thru it.
If you are not comfortable with that then you need to GET comfortable with it.
God bless you and I pray that each and every one of you finds the strength to deal
with what is confronting you head on. It is time to pay the reaper my friends.

I am not a religious nutter. I, like the OP, have simply made some observations and done ALOT of my own research which brings me to this conclusion. I embrace it as I feel it is necessary for our Earth and I am willing to lay down my life without pissing and moaning about it so that the inevitable may bring forth a new age of mankind.

Peace.
edit on 23-5-2011 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
It's about bloody time Mother Earth gave all of us a good spanking...
edit on 23-5-2011 by aRogue because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

I feel the same way bro, I don't dismiss completely it could indeed end, I just don't get over worked over the end world scenarios is what I mean by what I said. But yes, rather we embrace it or not it is coming and it holds no preference over the good or evil souls. Nature does not have execptions.

We need to embrace we are in some sort of phase that is letting us know we are nothing more than specs of dust to this plantes as individuals.

I know this cause I have watch good people die in front of me in these disasters, my grandfather died in Georges right in front of me and I can still hear the whistles of the wind as it happened.

Instead of fragile Earth I call it Savage Earth. Thanks for that good reply!

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by kennylee
The worst tornado outbreak in US History was of course in April 3-4 of 1974.
www.publicaffairs.noaa.gov...

Does anyone know how this years outbreaks compare to this? Has this years topped the record? Thanks for this thread OP. It does seem that Mother Nature is upset. The weather seems to really be extreme this year...

The first storm this year beat the record from 73-74. The second storm this year beat the first storm, and now this storm is set to be even worse. So, if we are counting, that makes this year so far at least 3x worse than 73-74, and this year is not over yet!

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Mother Nature isn't too happy with her inhabitants

I have been saying the same things you have. Things are getting more intense all over the world weather and natural disaster wise.

I started looking at all the various sites that show weather over the decades, volcanoes and earthquakes...It all seems to be increasing in intensity..

I live on the east coast of Florida, Space Center side, and I am nervous for this years hurricane season. I have this feeling it will be an active one and not a good one. We havent had any real hurricanes here since 2004, which was just nuts! I hope it's not an active season but something tells me it will be.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Right on.

Glad to see you are not burying your head in the sand as alot of people understandably are right now.

I have a little game I like to play with my wife.
We read the news every morning together.
I've told her about a year ago that whenever you see natural disasters in the news you are going to start noticing that
there are more and more "Largest", "Biggest", "Most", "In history", "ever recorded" "since records began" and so on and so on., as it relates to natural disasters.
Pay attention to these key words and it will astound you.
They are literally being spoken on a daily basis.
This is another indicator that we are on the right track.
I sincerely hope and pray that people start getting their house in order and begin coming to terms with their own mortality.

I know you have seen first hand how cruel this game can be and she takes no sides.
I don't hate her for it though and I know you don't either.
It is what needs to be done.
I have had enough "out of body experiences" to know full well that there is no such thing as death anyway so it's all good in the long run. I'm just not that big on suffering, that's all.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Is it really Mother Nature or Uncle HAARP?
Regardless, it just might truly be the end of days.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

I have thought the same thing of the '' shock value '' of the world media since I was in HS.

The only thing that holds water in these actual events right now though is it really has been the worst in history in some areas.

I never thought in a million years a F5 would hit Mississippi, when I went up there i was in awe. But you know it was bound to happen at some point, so with that fact, you have to keep everything in perspective.

Thats a nice game to play, I always tell my friends and family the news is full of crap, they all just preach how a person suppose to be and how bad something is just for the shock value.

I read the internet and info from actual people in the situation, instead of listening to some hopped up reporter acting like we are facing the worse thing ever when something happens.

Shht just happens, but i say that with caution, cause the intensification of some of these disasters are truly truly without a doubt getting stronger and happening very strangely. I mean you get a Tnado in the south, the one up north, hell next time a F5 may smash Hawaii at this rate lol.
edit on 23-5-2011 by JAGx1981 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
It does seem as if the weather is slightly bonkers at the moment. It has been very stange here in the UK ever since the Japan Tsunami. An early summer now gale force winds!! The problem is that weather by it's very nature is unpredictable especially here in old blighty and so it is hard to say what is normal and what is not. I like many others have a sense that somethings not quite right but would appreciate some expert advice. Let's hope things start turning around soon!

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Let's not forget the second largest EQ in recorded history in Japan!

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by aRogue
It's about bloody time Mother Earth gave all of us a good spanking...

Let's not forget all the fairly recent fun and excitement we've enjoyed over the past few years...
Tsunamis, Hurricanes and Earthquakes etc. I put this video together earlier this year focused mainly on Earthquakes and flooding from 2010. Looks like 2011 may out do 2010.

Earthquakes - Chili, Haiti and China 2010

edit on 23-5-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join