It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll: Are you a Mason, will you be voting for Ron Paul?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Do you think Ron Paul is a mason? This question is for free masons specifically. If Ron Paul is a free mason, then all the free masons should vote for him right? If they don't even know he is a free mason how effective is his free masonry on the elections? If free masons don't vote for him does that mean he's not a free mason?

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

to the best of my knowledge, he is not a Freemason. I have never seen any evidence to support that theory. But I do agree with his political views and think he is the only choice to normalize our country and get us back to where we need to be. My views are personal and in no way reflective of freemasonry as a whole. I hope he wins and I will be voting for him.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   

I am a Freemason, but I don't always support the views of other Freemasons. We have conservatives and liberals among us like any other group.

But, I am a Mason, and I will be voting for Ron Paul.

I was a Mason last time, and I voted for Obama. Don't laugh, I feel dumb enough already. He was still a better choice than McCain at the time. 2008 elections were pretty piss poor in the choices.

This time, I am voting for Ron Paul whether he has a chance to win or not. I am also planning to campaign and volunteer for him!

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   

I agree with Ron Paul's views , Freemason or not .

I will add that just because someone is a Freemason does not mean I will automatically vote for them . Take our last local election in my town , a brother in my OWN lodge was running for Mayor . I did not agree with his views on how the city should be ran and voted for another man (who happened to be a non-Mason) .

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia
Do you think Ron Paul is a mason?
No. His father was, though. But if he were, Masons would would know about it. There would be other Masons he had sat in lodge with who would come forward. There would be articles written about him in Masonic magazines.

If Ron Paul is a free mason, then all the free masons should vote for him right?

Not at all. Why would we? My political views are a full 180° from some of my brethren. That's one of the reasons we don't discuss religion or politics in the lodge... they're divisive topics. But I could be ultra-liberal, and my brother could be ultra-conservative and we can stil meet together in lodge and get stuff done. Doesn't mean we'll ever support the same candidate.

If they don't even know he is a free mason how effective is his free masonry on the elections? If free masons don't vote for him does that mean he's not a free mason?
Again, there would be no correlation. But for the sake of humoring your argument, let's take it all the way...
There are, at the moment, about 1.4 million Freemasons in the United States.
There was about 60% voter turnout in the 2008 election, so if that followed through, that would mean around 840,000 Masonic votes cast.
If they were all for the same presidential candidate, that would probably not turn the vote around unless the election were already as close as the 2000 Gore/Bush election.

But honestly, I don't see him making it out of the primaries again.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I am Free and Accepted Mason. That does not mean that I MUST put my beliefs aside and vote for a brother of the fraternity.
Whether Ron Paul is a Mason or not, I will be voting for him.
I Know that he will not be able to change much in our country but I believe it will be a step in the right direction. If we start out slowly maybe it will turn into a landslide in the years to come.
Quad

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I am a Free Mason[sic], and whether Ron Paul is a brother or not, he is still getting my vote.
Freemasonry, is about many different things, including freedom of opinion, beliefs etc...
edit on 23-5-2011 by Majestic Lumen because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Let me put it another way.

If Ron Paul were a Mason,
AND if his Masonic affiliation somehow got him extra votes,

WHY would it matter this time around, if it didn't make a difference the first two times he ran for President?

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton
Let me put it another way.

If Ron Paul were a Mason,
AND if his Masonic affiliation somehow got him extra votes,

WHY would it matter this time around, if it didn't make a difference the first two times he ran for President?

I have ignored him the first two times, because his platform wasn't quite as articulate, his campaign wasn't mainstream, and he didn't stand much of a chance of winning, so I didn't want to "waste" my vote.

This time is different, because the country really is at a crossroads. Without a candidate and a platform like Ron Paul, the country will not survive to 2016. We absolutely must make the change in 2012. So this time is different.

I wish he were a "Masonic Candidate." That used to be a good thing, but whether he is or he isn't, I am still going to put a lot of energy into pushing his candidacy this time around! I hope he names a decent VP, to add legitimacy to his ticket. That was a big problem in 2008.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Sorry to see this thread moved to OFFTOPIC. Though the OP didn't explicitly state it, I think the intent of the thread was to propose there was a Masonic conspiracy that could rig the election, which makes it a perfectly valid topic for the Secret Societies forum.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton
Sorry to see this thread moved to OFFTOPIC. Though the OP didn't explicitly state it, I think the intent of the thread was to propose there was a Masonic conspiracy that could rig the election, which makes it a perfectly valid topic for the Secret Societies forum.

I wish there were a Masonic Conspiracy to win an election with a decent and upstanding man and Mason! That would be a drastic improvement.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
hey, maybe it's a masonic conspiracy this thread was moved into the chit chat thread.

I was not implying a conspiracy, I actually think it is absurd to think of Ron Paul as being a masonic agenda, but I just wanted to get some information from people who are masons.

For those that replied, thanks, it seems like some people are masons and will vote for Ron Paul but that in no way means all must vote for him.

top topics

join