It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

College Fraternities Linked to Freemasonry

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
www.henrymakow.com...

Well, I guess I can agree with the part of influencing people to think like the elite in order to control society. It makes total sense. Our society has lots of indoctrination in it. The elites fund the study of sociology, psychology, and neurology, so they probably know how to indoctrinate us in a way that would put us under mind control. I mean public school teach us to memorize fact and regurgitate it instead of challenging it, with addition to bells ringing, and switching class, which kind of prepares the student to be a mindless soldier. In this link to article: ppjg.wordpress.com...
US Education Based On Soldier Obedience Training

"Through hell week, hazing, and ridicule the candidate is broken down into acts of submission to his fraternity or her sorority. Lifetime loyalty is put in place by vows and oaths, some on penalty of death."

American college fraternities are a way that the Illuminati recruit and entrap university students. College fraternities were modeled after satanic secret societies, mainly Freemasonry.

Controversy has surrounded American college fraternities. On one side are leaders like 33rd degree Freemason Norman Vincent Peale, a member of Phi Gamma Delta, who spoke highly about Greek Letter frats and believed they played a positive role in developing the character of young men.

While these webs of fraternities may not openly and directly contact with occult secret societies, they encourage members to think in directions parallel with the more powerful secret societies.

Were one to track the minutia of members' activities and thinking, one would garner a picture that shows members contributing to the overall control of society. Yet, who would want to question their activities? These networks of fraternities are protected by oaths of silence, as well as most pretend to be harmless and function behind a facade of philanthropic activity.

edit on 23-5-2011 by MIDNIGHTSUN because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by MIDNIGHTSUN

Fraternities and Sororities are indeed based around the same structure and hierarchy as Freemasonry. That is because the structure works. The US Government is also loosely based around this hierarchy, and pretty much every corporate board room operates in a similar manner.

This wasn't some master plan by the Freemasons, it is just a bunch of folks emulating a system that has worked for a very long time.

We often call Freemasonry, "man's oldest fraternity." Just about every other club and/or organization in existence has based at least part of its structure around the way Freemasonry works. Not because we are some secret, satanic cult, but because our system has been successful and people tend to copy what is successful.

Hope that helps.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Interesting....I am in the biggest fraternity in the U.S. (over 250,000 members) but I joined because most people at min my chapter were awake! We were climate change skeptics and 9/11 skeptics. But those who wern't were sheeple to the 100th degree. There was almost an unseen split because those who knew and those who didn't

Just some food for thought

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Fritz Springmeier should stick with what he seems to do best, being a failed bank robber.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Makow uses

Sigma Chi members started a chapter in WW II in their Japanese concentration camp

as evidence that

[Fraternity membership] can override other allegiances.

He, of course, neglects to mention that the Sigma Chi members in question were all Americans.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
lots of people are in fraternities, and all fraternities are based on freemasonry so therefore everyone is an illuminati. case closed. everyone you know who ever went to college is evil and out to control the world. do your own research and think critically.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by abcddcba

So anything with a hierarchy is connected to teh Illuminati?

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   

This is really no different than the claim in the 1950's that fraternities were harboring communist to overthrow Democracy in the US.

Some college fraternities are directly based on Masonry. Some use bits of it. I wouldn't say like getready had said that all frats and sororities are based off Masonry, but that Masonry was based off the same principle of what a "fraternity" is .. brotherhood. Freemasonry is however the oldest and longest lasting Fraternity, but it was not the first by any means.

In order to follow through with your accusations, you would have to show a direct link to college frat members joining Freemasonry right out of college since the college frat was supposed to "condition" them for such a thing, no? Or show the direct similarities between Masonry and the fraternities, besides the governing structure, but ritual and hazing aspects.

Easy just to make accusations..

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Thought I would throw in a comment. I was in a college fraternity, Sigma Tau Gamma, and a few years after that got into Freemasonry. There are some similarities, but many differences also....College fraternities are much more......juvenile, while freemasonry is much more serious in nature. Thats my humble opinion. I also feel brotherhood means much more in freemasonry.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by aMason
College fraternities are much more......juvenile

I think "college-oriented" would better describe my experience. Though there's an active alumni presence, it exists largely in support of undergrad events, and the ritual and structure are obviously centered around the development of younger men.

while freemasonry is much more serious in nature.

I find the opposite is true, at least in terms of ritual preparation. The worst Sigma Chi initiation I've ever seen could compete with the best degree team.

I also feel brotherhood means much more in freemasonry.

My lodge brothers are great people, and I truly enjoy their company, but I've found Freemasonry to be far more personal and less devoted to reinforcing the brotherhood aspect. Then again, there's infinitely more contact in a college fraternity, and the more limited selection pool means you're going to have more in common with each of your brothers.

new topics

top topics

join