It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Palin buys home in Arizona; Is she planning on running?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

ya right, like anyone else has more "brains" to run this runaway train.

i'd rather see HER screw up than the next guy, who will, if history tells us anything.

ya, get some cultivated, lifetime politico with some great outlandish ideas, ala ron paul or bring back al gore to still run this place down.

wolves? frikin wolves? oooooooooo, they are mexican wolves! what do they have to do with the price of tea in china?

if she runs, you people better vote for her or you WILL get 4 more years of obama.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas
I don't want her to run for POTUS either, because the MSM and both parties would crucify her.

It's true. If she runs for ANYTHING, she's going to be crucified and rightly so. She has no business in government. Sarah Palin is to politics as Orly Taitz is to the legal profession.

BH, I expected a little better of you. To start off with catty remarks is uncool.

As I have stated many times, I think she is very effective in her current role,

WHAT current role is that? Ex-governor, failed VP candidate and Tea Party manipulator? Please! She's using you guys for all the greenbacks that she can squeeze out of you! And you freely hand them over! By the looks of things, she is very effective in her current role, indeed.

And you know how much "us guys" kick over to her... how?? Just how is that, BH? I'm not aware of any personal campaign fund she solicits for.

I hope she runs for US Senator. I think she is a natural fit for AZ politics.

Oh, Lord. As I said, she has no business in government of any kind. She's not smart enough and she's manipulative and self-absorbed... Oh, wait. That's EXACTLY the kind of people we have in Congress now. Might as well elect more of the same, huh? Tea Party, my ass! She's a neocon with a selfish agenda. Just what Arizona needs!

More cattiness, no factual basis, pure jealousy.

You are 100% wrong and I think the comment is purely petty partisanship.

Think whatever you like. Seems like anything you disagree with is "partisan", "sophomoric" or "crude, young or ignorant"... You can't say those things about other members and then act like you're trying to keep personal attacks out of the thread, by the way. If you're going to sling mud, then you look very hypocritical when you ask for the mud-slinging to stop. I'm just sayin'...

The difference between you and I is the fact that I offer data to support my stance. The data inflames you, so you respond with personal attacks instead of discussing the data.

Discuss the topic, not each other, BH. That's the rule. You've preached that often, but You don't practice it, though.

She is *very* intelligent.

"very"? I don't think so. She doesn't need degrees to be intelligent. She needs to have a working knowledge of local and world politics. She's ignorant in that area.

I think it's her strict adherence to conservative principles that drives you bonkers. If only she would concede a point to the libs, you'd be a little more tolerant of her, I'm sure.

Palin is definitely genuine.

She will do or say whatever she needs to to get your vote. You have been fooled by a pretty lady. She is a woman who has learned how to manipulate on a grand scale. I feel sorry for those of you who support her. If she takes any office, you will eventually see her true colors. You are blinded by her 'appeal'.

I will admit she is foxy! And I think that is why so many fem-libs hate her.

It's no wonder men get hurt and screwed in relationships so often. They can't see past the 'pretty'... And don't tell me that's not part of her appeal for you. I have read your posts in this thread. Let me just say ahead of time: I'm sorry you were totally fooled by her. I wish you had listened to me. We women may stick together at times, but we can also recognize that 'evil bitch' quality in another woman when we see it. Good luck.

Well, I will have to bow to your expertise and on failed relationships and 'evil bitch' qualities.Women practice that stuff.
Women have similar characteristics, like using alligator tears to get their way. Face it - that's humanity, and shall always be thusly so. That's how God made us, so that the species procreates.

edit on 25-5-2011 by mishigas because: fix tags

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Can you elaborate on which "part of her politics (and personal set of values) that you can't abide" ?

Sarah Palin on the Issues

She said the GOP should absorb Tea Party movement in 2010
She supports a for-profit health care system
She's anti-choice
She charged rape victims for rape kits
She smoked pot, but is against legalization
Denied equal rights to gay people
She didn't support the Ledbetter Act
Opposes embryonic stem cell research
Only supports "traditional marriage"
She wants to teach creationism and ID alongside evolution
Drill, baby, drill!
Opposed protections for salmon from mining contamination.
She wants to stop listing polar bear as endangered.
She wants to encourage timber, mining, drilling, & fishing.
Supports wolf predator control (but we already know that)
Feds shouldn’t list beluga whales as endangered.
She wants to teach abstinence in school, but opposes explicit sex-education

Or is every hunter a Hun to you?

I am a hunter. I support the Constitution, including the second amendment.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   

BH, I expected a little better of you. To start off with catty remarks is uncool.
More cattiness, no factual basis, pure jealousy.
The difference between you and I is the fact that I offer data to support my stance.

Yeah, right. Calling me catty and jealous is data, now?
That's a joke!

Discuss the topic, not each other, BH. That's the rule.

Stating your 'rule' after calling me catty and jealous is laughable! Don't you see that?

I think it's her strict adherence to conservative principles that drives you bonkers.

And you've been so accurate with your assumptions up until now...
I hold many conservative values myself. Your ignorance of my positions is glaringly obvious and your assumptions so far, are way off the mark.

I will admit she is foxy! And I think that is why so many fem-libs hate her.

Wrong again, not surprisingly. And a personal attack mixed in there, too! I'm really getting to know you through this thread. I don't hate Sarah Palin. I've said here before that I actually find her pleasant and entertaining. I see her appeal. I just don't want her near our government. And I have given you data to back up my position.

And now, I will take leave of your thread. It's clear you don't wish to discuss her buying a house in AZ, but would rather snipe at people in the thread with whom you disagree. This kind of crap thread can be found anywhere on ATS, not to mention several forums on the Internet and I don't wish to feed this kind of non-discussion. Good luck.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   

sorry, all that stuff is crap.

call it anything but facts.

so much slander and disinfo.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Sarah Palin on the Issues

She said the GOP should absorb Tea Party movement in 2010
She supports a for-profit health care system
She's anti-choice
She charged rape victims for rape kits
She smoked pot, but is against legalization
Denied equal rights to gay people
She didn't support the Ledbetter Act
Opposes embryonic stem cell research
Only supports "traditional marriage"
She wants to teach creationism and ID alongside evolution
Drill, baby, drill!
Opposed protections for salmon from mining contamination.
She wants to stop listing polar bear as endangered.
She wants to encourage timber, mining, drilling, & fishing.
Supports wolf predator control (but we already know that)
Feds shouldn’t list beluga whales as endangered.
She wants to teach abstinence in school, but opposes explicit sex-education

I suggest that readers visit the link you provided to get the true picture of her positions. BH, why do you use terms like "anti-choice"? How about if we call you "pro-abortion"? See?

Many of your items are "So what?", like the first two. Many others are merely conservative principles. And still others show an intolerance for views other than your own. For example: "She wants to teach creationism and ID alongside evolution." What on earth is wrong with that? And some show your lack of knowledge on topics, such as "Supports wolf predator control (but we already know that)". That shows you are unfamiliar with wildlife conservation.

To each his/her own.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

It comes directly from her votes and positions on the matter. Yes, I agree her positions are complete crap. I'm glad we could agree on something.

reply to post by mishigas

BH, why do you use terms like "anti-choice"?

Because she is AGAINST women making the CHOICE in their own reproduction. She wants the government to make that choice. She supports government intrusion into personal matters.

How about if we call you "pro-abortion"?

Not surprisingly, you'd be wrong again. You really should start checking out some of these lame assumptions you've been making before you embarrass yourself by writing them here. I am actually against abortion. I think life begins at conception. But I support each woman's right to choose for herself, unlike Palin. I don't need or want the government to make that personal choice for me. I am against government intrusion. Just another of my conservative principles.

Many others are merely conservative principles.

Yes. Exactly. While I agree with some conservative principles, I disagree with others. I said I didn't like her political positions. That's why I wouldn't want her as president. What's hard to understand about that?

Pssst: I came back to the thread to post this: "Hunting from a plane" is not hunting. It's mass murder. It's execution. I also don't agree with using a full automatic to "hunt" deer or a flamethrower to "hunt" rabbit and leave their carcasses rotting in the woods. These are some of my conservative principles.
edit on 5/25/2011 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Pssst: I came back to the thread to post this: "Hunting from a plane" is not hunting. It's mass murder. It's execution.

Actually, I don't like it either. But there are some arguments that support it. Notice I didn't say good arguments, but args just the same.

I also don't agree with using a full automatic to "hunt" deer or a flamethrower to "hunt" rabbit and leave their carcasses rotting in the woods. These are some of my conservative principles.

Who does, praytell? Sarah Palin?

Yes. Exactly. While I agree with some conservative principles, I disagree with others. I said I didn't like her political positions. That's why I wouldn't want her as president. What's hard to understand about that?

What is hard to understand is the fact that you are such a staunch Obama supporter. Using the above guidelines, it doesn't make sense.
edit on 25-5-2011 by mishigas because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
The page numbers for this thread are gone. Is this the case for anyone else?

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Personally I wish she would buy a home off of this planet and go live in it. I am so sick of her that everytime I hear her name I want to throw up. She is so phoney. People are so naive. Elect an actor and can't understand how they could lie so well (its call being professiona.l) They elect a wrestler and wonder why he is full of himself and everything he says about himself is b lown out of proportion or totally fabricated (it called being professional) They elect a pretty face and can't understand she is a gold digger (I won't say what that is called) doesn't change the facts.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
The folks that hate her are always going to hate her.
The folks that like her, will probably always like her.
The folks that are undecided? We'll see.

Kinda funny though. If she becomes president and people say something negative about her, can we call them "sexist?"

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Yeah flip flop is right ......Sooooo FLippin Funny

Remember this ????

edit on 25-5-2011 by NorthStargal52 because: ok

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Slow your roll gang.. she is prolly just buying a house near her daughter.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

edit on 25-5-2011 by NorthStargal52 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

edit on 25-5-2011 by NorthStargal52 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Where did my comments from last night go and how is this quote on topic?

I love her and I want to bang her until next sunday but, she is kinda goofy.

Now my comments from last night are showing again. It only showed this thread had two pages when I first got on a few minutes ago. Does that happen often on here where pages go AWOL for awhile then they come back?

edit on 25-5-2011 by SaveTheWolves because: Question about where the pages went....

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by SaveTheWolves

I don't know what happened.
The page numbers were missing for a while, and now they are back, but show more pages than exist.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   

I don't know what happened. The page numbers were missing for a while, and now they are back, but show more pages than exist.

Yes, that is exactly how it looks on mine now too.. First pages were gone and now there are too many pages. I wonder if other threads are having this same issue?

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   

I went over my entire post and could not find one instance of making an ad hominem attack on you. I think you are trying to cya over the crude "teabagger" remark you made, and the fact that I chastised you for it.

Here let me refresh your memory:

Why are you libs so damned afraid of Sarah Palin?

But you are a lib, nonetheless. And you are also very crude, young, or ignorant to use the term teabagger.

One of my few dislikes about this site is there is no provision (other than stars) for members to weigh in when two posters engage in a direct discourse. Hopefully I'm not in violation of site terms to express that I side with Colorado Jens and declare her victorious based on quoted text above.
The thread starter seems to pounce unfairly on those with dissenting views.

On thread subject:

I see zero correlation between a real estate purchase in another state as ANY credible evidence that Palin is considering a Presidential run. Perhaps she simply wants to be in close proximity to her abstinence starlet daughter who is moving to Hollywood but Momma Bear Palin doesn't want to move to California for fear of stoking memories of The Beverly Hillbillies.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by MaskedDebater

I went over my entire post and could not find one instance of making an ad hominem attack on you. I think you are trying to cya over the crude "teabagger" remark you made, and the fact that I chastised you for it.

Here let me refresh your memory:

Why are you libs so damned afraid of Sarah Palin?

But you are a lib, nonetheless. And you are also very crude, young, or ignorant to use the term teabagger.

So, libs is now a dirty word? And it's OK for her to use the derogatory term 'teabagger'? She was very rude to use that term, and I won't tolerate it just to curry favor.

One of my few dislikes about this site is there is no provision (other than stars) for members to weigh in when two posters engage in a direct discourse. Hopefully I'm not in violation of site terms to express that I side with Colorado Jens and declare her victorious based on quoted text above. The thread starter seems to pounce unfairly on those with dissenting views.

I don't pounce unfairly on those with dissenting views. I do challenge them, and that right quick.
I don't tolerate bs, lies, disinfo, or general rudeness. I encounter a lot of lazy thinking, every day and frankly, I am tired of it.

On thread subject:

I see zero correlation between a real estate purchase in another state as ANY credible evidence that Palin is considering a Presidential run. Perhaps she simply wants to be in close proximity to her abstinence starlet daughter who is moving to Hollywood but Momma Bear Palin doesn't want to move to California for fear of stoking memories of The Beverly Hillbillies.

Another thing that I don't tolerate is people who a) use incorrect language (what the hell is an "abstinence starlet daughter"? ) and b) waste thread space with stupid comments like "Momma Bear Palin doesn't want to move to California for fear of stoking memories of The Beverly Hillbillies". Those kind of comments add nothing to the discussion and don't belong here.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join