It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Lennon and Mind Games

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   
I have been doing some thinking over recent days about how divided the people of this planet are - even within their own religions they disagree and seek to impose their own dogma upon others.

Now I am not a big fan of John Lennon - anyone who wrote a song about having no possessions and who kept an entire floor of their apartment as a storage place for fur coats and who also had a penchant for Rolls Royces had to be a hypocrite right ?

Then I heard this song and realised that Lennon was just like us all, a flawed human being who was just trying to live their life according to their way.

The song seems to be more relevant today than when it came out - and the lyrics a powerful testament to the problems of the world today.

Too many Mind Games.

Too much dogma over the spirit.

Listen to the lyrics.

They show us the way forward.

Link here ;

www.youtube.com...
edit on 23-5-2011 by leejohnbarnes because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by leejohnbarnes

Make Love not war.

Love is the answer.

Yes - ( In other words affirmations not negations )

Raise the spirit.

If these became the basis of all religions and how all men and women of faith treated each other, with tolerance and a respect for the spirit of the divine in all men and in all living things - then who could deny a better world would be born ?

We need all religions to emphasise Love and The Spirit, not dogma and obedience.

Let the words of the song fill your soul - and become the revolution that you want to see in the world.

Then take that light to others, so that they too can enlighten others.

One by one, like tiny fire flies flickering in the darkness, people are awakening - and if we all decide to shine our inner light and pour forth all our love out into the world, then collectively each tiny spark will grow until we will all become the new dawn that we seek.

Every day seek and experience something beautiful.

Every day do something good.

Thats all it takes to change the world.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by leejohnbarnes

Hey, thanks for that. I am going to go and listen to John right now.

Yes, John's music has more meaning now than before.

I love John Lennon so much. I don't agree with so much of what he said. I like the song "Imagine" but then I even disagree with lots of his musings in that song. Like I believe in a Kingdom of Heaven, he seemingly did not.

But some of his songs are so to the point. I love those lyrics in the "Say you want a revolution" song;

But when you talk about destruction
Don't you know that you can count me out

Poor John, he had a very hard time of it. Yeah, he was flawed as we all are in one way or another, but wow did he know how to turn it on!

What you say here about how scattered we all are, so true. I have very firm beliefs, convictions and opinions, but I actively try and engage with other who are different and it does work. For example, I am Christian in belief but I have friends who are pagan. I like their love of the earth and nature so much and I don't pretend to have all the answers. Dialogue and seeing what we have in common as people is perhaps much better than accenting differences.

On it goes, my friend. The strange experiment that is Humanity in all its myriad expression.

Keep on playing those Mind Games!!!
edit on 23-5-2011 by Revolution9 because: spelling error

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Exactly my friend.

Like John we are all a host of contradictions - but we aint gonna unravel our own without us helping each other.

new topics

top topics

join