It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Do We Let This Happen?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Why do we let the government lie to us? Why dont we stand up for ourselves?

I know im preaching to the choir here but come on guys its getting a bit out of hand.
The government lies to you about evrything nearly!

They say Saddam Hussain had WMD's, fair enough, but did we find any?
They say they killed Bin Laden
They say the debt isn't as high as it is
They say we face global warming
There are loads more just look around !!

The biggest lie of all is when they tell you that you are free ! WE HAVE NO FREEDOM ANYMORE !!!!
They use terrorists as an excuse to take away our rights, they use the media to scare us so we give up more rights !!!

Fear = Control Control = Slaves !

Need I say more?

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   
We are born into a monetary system. We are encouraged to buy more crap that we dont need. Encouraged to get mortgages, etc etc. You will never be truely free whilst there is a monetary system in place, you will never be equal to others while there is a monetary system in place.

We have never been free.

Fear is something we can all do something about, you choose to fear.

st.
edit on 23-5-2011 by SatoriTheory because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by SatoriTheory
We are born into a monetary system. We are encouraged to buy more crap that we dont need. Encouraged to get mortgages, etc etc. You will never be truely free whilst there is a monetary system in place, you will never be equal to others while there is a monetary system in place.

We have never been free.

Fear is something we can all do something about, you choose to fear.

st.
edit on 23-5-2011 by SatoriTheory because: (no reason given)

I agree with you ! Money leads to debt, debt leads to power and ultimately control !! It angers me to see us do nothing, our numbers may be few, but it the general population awakened we could change our lives for the better.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by BenWoodsYcc

but ben...

Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering...
think about it.

hmmmehehehmm?

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by questcequecest

but ben...

Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering...
think about it.

hmmmehehehmm?

Exactly my point, innocent people are suffering at the hands of the elite!!!

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Why do we let the government lie to us? Why dont we stand up for ourselves?

As your list clearly demonstrates manipulation abounds in the millitary industrial governments and corporations that have power over us. Yes, they lie to us through the mainstream media outlets constantly and always have done since ancient times.

To attempt to answer the two questions you ask, we let the governments lie to us because most people are content to be led and have the lives that they have. They are frightened of change and it seems they will trust even Adolf Hitler if it gives them anything of the life they desire. So, most people are bought off with this false sense of security and will even die for their governments if asked to do so, as those two horrific world wars demonstrate with the millions and millions of young men who were SACRIFICED.

Those of us who have a morality about life and a conscience are very much in the minority. We are people who are disaffected by our experience in life, alienated by the system in which we are indeed forced to live. We despise the lies and immorality of these governments, yet because we are in such a minority and so scattered we can never be a force for true change. The only time a revolution occurs is when so many people become alienated by a government that they are the majority; when things get so bad the only alternative is to go out onto the streets en masse. That is what we have been witnessing in the Arabic countries and maybe even now in Spain.

However, most of the time when revolutions do occur it is because a powerful part of the original government is disaffected enough, has the weight and influence in media and the hard cash and network to be able to "encourage" the masses to take to the streets. The outcome is usually just more of the same.

Yes, I am taking a stand by myself already and have done so for many years. Yet I can only fight my own corner because I am alienated and lack all the above means and influence listed. I have successfully found a way to live for now that is more on my own terms, but it takes conviction and my life is not easy. I am more free than I would have been otherwise, though.

It is upto people individually really; if they want to go on living and believing the lies and constantly being one kind of a victim or other of the states that control them, either as a casualty of war or an economical casualty like in the recent great banker swindle where we are having to pay for the deliberate sinking of the markets and economies for the withdrawel of profits gained, that was really the intention anyway. Of course, they will do this again once we have recovered from the last escapade.

To conclude, most people are content to just let this all happen and are content to let it carry on for the sake of the lives that we have. Only when people become discontented, when they are ripped off too much or greed is shoved in their faces too much and their lives are so miserable, will they harbour any desire for change and revolution.

I am both miserable enough personally and have had greed and lies shoved in my face enough to make me a revolutionary, though a peaceful one ( I do not believe in any kind of bloodshed or war for change). I am just patiently waiting for others to come join me. Hurry up, sleepy ones!!!
edit on 23-5-2011 by Revolution9 because: spelling errors

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   
A true inspirational speach. We need to gather in the masses, we need to protest, WE NEED TO BE HEARD !

I currently work in the British Armed Forces, and its not for the government or my country, its for my countrymen to the left and right of me! I know one day the revolution will take place, and we will need people from all aspects of life and a variety or careers if we are to be successful.

I try to awaken my fellow man, most mock me, some believe me. We need to be seen in the public eye. We need the government and the elite to know we are a rising power and will one day bring peace to the world.

Wars, Lies, Fear, Debt, - This is all manufactured for us to stay as slaves, but our day will come...

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Wow, i start a thread about the zeitgeist movement, and the ideas of crippling the now outdated monetary system, and i get my thread deleted, So back to the reason we let this happen...... FEAR. they make it seem like it is impossible to let our voices heard, and for a REAL change to actually take place. people are worried they will loose their blackberries, and toasters, and steel belted radials, (the network 1976) lol

I love the human race... I even have a child with one!, I would love to be free, and i would love a WAY better place for my son to live in.

A place where he will not have to worry of such things

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   

...Those of us who have a morality about life and a conscience are very much in the minority. We are people who are disaffected by our experience in life, alienated by the system in which we are indeed forced to live. We despise the lies and immorality of these governments, yet because we are in such a minority and so scattered we can never be a force for true change. The only time a revolution occurs is when so many people become alienated by a government that they are the majority; when things get so bad the only alternative is to go out onto the streets en masse...

Well put, Revolution9. Couldn't agree more.
edit on 23-5-2011 by GoneGrey because: Comment omitted

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
When i crawl through this site evry day, all i see is people wanting do make change. Nothing ever happens, what can we do? Any ideas anyone?

new topics

top topics

join