It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tornado decimates Missouri city; number of deaths expected to rise

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Tornado decimates Missouri city; number of deaths expected to rise

www.cnn.com

Residents in Joplin, Missouri, braced for news of fatalities Monday after a vicious tornado flattened buildings, tossed cars and hurled debris up to 70 miles away.

"I would say 75% of the town is virtually gone," said Kathy Dennis of the American Red Cross.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
hisz.rsoe.hu

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   
A horrible incident, seeing more and more of these monster storms recently. Most of the town is gone I wonder where the survivors will be moved to? Perhaps a localised camp hosted by our very own FEMA? CNN said 24 confirmed deaths, at the moment Alert Map is saying 30 confirmed deaths with more expected on the way.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Vortiki

Happen to notice the news feed before you posted this?? [atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ae9f3f7652eb.gif[/atsimg]
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b5919d859cd3.gif[/atsimg]

Honestly.....

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Vortiki

actually all the displaced people here in Joplin are either staying with family or were taken in by the many churches in the area or are staying at the local University which set up a shelter for them.

And that report of 75% of the town was destroyed is way to high. its less than 50% of the town if that. Joplin isn't a small town its actually a large medium sized city with around 50,000 residents living inside the city limits. and the daily population of Joplin swells to over 100,000 people that come in from the surrounding areas to shop and work.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by grindhouzer

So you're obviously the type of person who would rather kiss the ass of anyone in a higher position of power to make yourself look better? Because that's all I see here, the only thing you had to say was to moan and complain about my posting something that I hadn't seen was already posted. This is the reason why I don't make many posts, and the reason why this site is over run with hoaxers and bsers, is because some people are too hellbent on dumb things rather than paying attention to important things, like people trying to bring you news. Funny, how you aren't a mod, yet you feel the urge to act as if you are. I can't help but ponder, if you are the type of person to abuse power just because you have it. Your actions lead me to believe so.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Mercenary2012

I don't live in the area so all I have to go off of is what various news sites say. Either way it's a horribly tragic incident and my heart goes out to all those whom have lost their homes or loved ones. I hope that nature chills out up there, with all those tornadoes recently.

join