It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Masonic initiation was awesome!!!!!!!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by lockheed
So what are the benefits to becoming a Mason? I tought about joining but everything is so secretive I can't get any info....

Lockheed,

I'll be glad to send you several web-sites that give excellent information, but because of the trolls on this list I won't post them. (They have probably already found them but aren't intelligent enough to realize what they're reading) Send me a u2u w/ your e-mail and I'll be glad to talk with you about Masonry. It has literally a world of benefits...mostly for the indivitual Mason himself....and not in the world-domination sense.

Regards

-John

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
While I am not a Mason, everyone of them I have either hired or gotten to know personally have been decent, hard working, honest men who loved life and got great satisfaction out of helping others.

That puts Masonry in a SINGULAR classification in my mind. I can not think of another "group", "frat" or "association" that I can honestly state this about ALL the members of I have personally met.

One of the guys that worked for me years ago wanted me to "look into" Masonry by going with him to a meeting...

I never did, so I dont know what I may have missed, BUT I am a firm beleiver in what I personally know of Masonry's "mission statement", things like putting others before self, being a POSITIVE influence in your community, striving to better yourself constantly through good works and honest self assessment, etc...

What can possibly be sinister about these motives?! How can ANYONE claim these men are insecure losers and that's why they join?! An insecure loser will RUN AWAY from men of this calibre!

Good Lord what a twisted view we sometimes get looking from the outside in when the blinds are closed!

Congratulations OrangeMonkey! Salute!

m...

[edit on 8-5-2004 by Springer]

Springer,

I'm quite taken back. I've become quite jaded by the ridiculous posts by non-Masons...yours (and some others) is quite nice

You should still consider taking the first Masonic step. Sounds like you'd be a good member!

Regards

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlexKennedy
Wow, how intelligent and thoughtful of you. Why, that response must have simply taken hours to write. Perhaps you'd like to call us "phallocentric?" Would that scratch your itch? After all, any group of men which wishes to meet as a group of men, must de facto be sexist, in the same way, I'm sure, that every man is a potential rapist. Monks, for example. Why, they must be the biggest sexists in the world.

You must be very strong... the argument of wishing to avoid sexual jealousy; or the possibility of men meeting to discuss their own issues as men; or the idea that wives of Masons might not wish to send their husbands out twice a month to a long evening meeting that could also involve women; none of these arguments can reach you. After all, you have a big nasty patriarchy to fight against. In every possible conceivable situation, when men have enjoyment that women do not share, that enjoyment MUST be extinguished. To allow men happiness that is not dispensed and controlled by women... that's just wrong and "not progressive."

Sounds like you must epitomize the Masons perfectly.

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by conflation

I'm curious, what would you say is the "epitome of the Masons"?

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by conflation

Another one-line response... what a surprise. Who needs facts when vicious insinuation will do. After all, implying that myself and my brethren are sexists, then demanding that we prove we are not is a lot easier than trying to make a coherent argument. Sounds like you must epitomize the anti-Mason perfectly.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I was wondering, is there an underground organization against Masons, the Bilderbergs, the Illuminati, the Council of Foreign Relations, the Tri-Lateral Commission and the committee of 300?

If not, who wants to join me? lol

[edit on 8-8-2004 by DetectivePerez]

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 12:21 AM
link   
DetectivePerez, why not put your energy into something more useful? You could help the poor, make some art, or, hell, you could redecorate your house, tune up your car, or read that book you've always wanted to read but never had the time.

Instead, you want to form an "anti-Masonic" group. Well, you'll certainly be joining exalted company. (Irony)

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I have been reading this thread with some interest, as I am considering taking the step to be considered for membership. I have a couple of questions for the Masons who have replied as wel as the thread starter?
well, only one question actually. What seems to be the average age of the members of your lodges? I am 26, and although Freemasonry has fascinated me since I stumbled across an encyclopedia entry on it, I am not sure I would be comfortable being in a loge where the average age is 75 (an exaggeration on my part, but you get the point.)

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gary Seven
I have been reading this thread with some interest, as I am considering taking the step to be considered for membership. I have a couple of questions for the Masons who have replied as wel as the thread starter?
well, only one question actually. What seems to be the average age of the members of your lodges? I am 26, and although Freemasonry has fascinated me since I stumbled across an encyclopedia entry on it, I am not sure I would be comfortable being in a loge where the average age is 75 (an exaggeration on my part, but you get the point.)

The gummers aren't as bad as it would seem, and downright helpful when it comes down to ritual and the rest of the "Masonic Goat Ride"
. The best thing for you to do is Google: Grand Lodge ______ . Blank of course being the state, province, or country you live in. This will point you to a contact, where inquiries can be made. Hopefully you live in a fairly well populated area where there will be more than one Lodge (it's OK to shop demographics, just be subtle about it). If you need any help u2u myself, Masonic Light, Senrak, or Theron Dunn for the U.S., Leveller for the U.K., AlexKennedy for Canada, Masked Avatar (sorry MA couldn't think of another "real" Mason from AU) for Australia, and JCMinJapan for... well... Japan. Good Luck.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I would advise you not to sell your soul to Hiram Abiff and his minions.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I'm in a city of about 1.3 million (San Antonio, TX) and there are a couple of dozen lodges here, so that won't be a problem. I will look at the website of the Grand Lodge of Texas. Thank you very much for your help.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by DetectivePerez

Sage advice, the thought of selling your soul to anyone would be in direct conflict with Masonic teachings, the operative goal being making men better in this lifetime, as to be better prepared to "labor anew in some happier world, and wider field of endeavor".

Also take note of a one line post, yet another violation of the "Terms and Conditions of Use".

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Newbie mistakes about the one-line posts. But clearly you wouldn't even bring it up if I was not making you upset for revealing the truth. You want be stopped at all costs but i will make sure to follow the rules when warned.

So riddle me this. What is the significance of Knowledge to Freemasons?

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Newbie mistakes about the one-line posts. But clearly you wouldn't even bring it up if I was not making you upset for revealing the truth. You want be stopped at all costs but i will make sure to follow the rules when warned.

So riddle me this. What is the significance of Knowledge to Freemasons?

The ability to post a relevant response, coherently written, based on experience, grounded in fact, and supported by references... In other words, the antithesis of one of your posts.

Oh, and they will probably be mildly entertaining

Riddle solved.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 10:53 PM
link   

For the record, when I became a Mason I didn't take an oath to Hiram Abiff, I took an oath to GOD.

Enjoy your ignorance.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 11:11 PM
link   

But clearly you wouldn't even bring it up if I was not making you upset for revealing the truth.

Oh yes, because 1. there isn't some yahoo posting stuff like this every other day, oh no, your the first to tell us the "truth", atleast come up with something original, 2. you actually know what your talking about, doh is that how it's suppose to work? Your actually suppose to know what your talking about? Who would have thought.

Trust me, we don't get mad at the retard that perfesses the sky is green, we just laugh at him.

[edit on 9-8-2004 by Darktalon]

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 10:36 AM
link   
My grand father was a Mason; my dad still has the ring. Perhaps I should give it a try. But I tell you I see one scaly reptile I'm out there, but than again the goat sounds yummy.

Seriously if Mason hood stands for what these guys are saying it can't be all that bad. So what if it�s a little sexist at leases it keeps the guys out trouble. Hopefully Mason chapters have guidance for men being better fathers and husbands. If it promotes honesty, generosity and hard work sound like good stuff to me. As long as theres no cult mentality and opression of members beliefs.

I don't mean to insult any women here, I have deep respect for women. But the Masons being only male faternaty, well guys will be guys.

[edit on C:Monocu08e8 by Opus]

[edit on C:Monocu08e8 by Opus]

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gary Seven
I am 26, and although Freemasonry has fascinated me since I stumbled across an encyclopedia entry on it, I am not sure I would be comfortable being in a loge where the average age is 75 (an exaggeration on my part, but you get the point.)

Up here (Canada) we are getting a big influx of young intiates. When I first joined (September, 2001... yes, it was bad timing), I almost never saw anyone under 35. Now, I can't think of a Lodge or an appendant body I've visited in the last year that doesn't have someone my age or younger (I'm 27). And I visited a lot of Lodges the last year. In fact, one of the Lodges I visited had a Worshipful Master (sort of a "Lodge president") who was my age. Darn it! I wanted to be the youngest one ever!

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Arrgh! Accidental double post. Sorry. And now, some light music:

How insensitive . . . I must have seemed
when she told me that she loved me . . .
how unmoved an' cold . . . I must have seemed
when she told me so sincerely . . .

Why . . . she must have asked
do I just turn an' stare in icy silence?
What was I to say . . .
what can you say when a love affair is over?

< instrumental break >

Now, she's gone away
and I'm alone with a memory of her last look . . .
vague an' drawn an' sad . . . I see it still
all her heartbreak in that last look . . .

How . . . she must have asked
could I just turn an' stare in icy silence?
What was I to do . . .
what can one do when a love affair is over?

What can you do
when a love affair is over?

It's over . . .

[edit on 9-8-2004 by AlexKennedy]

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Orangemonkey
"oh, and for all you who post negative comments on the masonic issues, if you had the intelligence , and nerve to join, you would not have to speculate in stupidity, you guys are way off the wall."

Actually I quite admire a lot of the things the Masons do, they have done some great work in the past & will continue to do so I am sure.

Congrats on passing your initiation....

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join