It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Masonic initiation was awesome!!!!!!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 10:50 AM
link   
First of all masons are you and i, most are simple men some are not, most hold average jobs some do not. The big secret is that many of these responses take us back to highschool " the people that chose not to sit at a certain lunch table in school found it easier to fabricate mistruths, and speculation about groups they felt were elite,because inside they felt they could never be a part of it all, when all they had to do was ask to join in." I guess those who are insecure or have fear within find it easier to speculate on reality then take part in it. There is no conspiracy, and speculation in such matters scars future worthy candidates and only fuels mistruth.

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I used to be one of the kids at the "speculation table" and I can tell you this - when I took the initiative to try to learn what was going on and started asking questions instead of making assumptions, my whole perception of many things started to change.

When I was "sitting" at that "table" I did not feel like I could be a part of it, and for that reason I felt uneasiness and animosity toward those people and organizations. Now I see that "those people" are the same as me, they just took some initiative and decided to find out for themselves instead of blindly believing that there are lizard men out to burn our babies and take over the world.

Some people will never see Masonry for what it is, and some will. Such is life. Kudos to those of you that think and decide for yourselves. I'm sure you will be better men for it.

As I've said before, I can hardly wait to join you.

[edit on 8/4/04 by The Axeman]

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I'm sorry but people who wish to join the masons I believe are insecure, it's human nature to want to belong especially from an early age like 8 months.
It's like an insecure prick joining the police force to get back at the world, or a border patrol who never got to be prom king or queen, secret groups are just the same, if thats what will make you feel special, by all means go for it, I just see it as a tad pathetic. It's not your fault if your parents weren't there to build your confidence up as a baby. All the feelings you learn you learn at an early age. It seems to be secret societies are there for an ego stroke, for those in life who grew up without much pride or confidence.

Look at the guy who started this thread: "Masonic initian was awesome!!!!!!!"

Translated: " I belong to a secret society which is a mystery to everyone else who isn't one and I am now part of something. I feel special"

There, you got your comfort and security need met...

Well good for you, congratulations...
people need to have different needs met, and some people need the rung of belonging filled , maybe someday you'll get to the rung of self actualization.

If and when you make it to the fifth rung, you will be able �live your REAL life.� The need for self-actualization and inner meaning is not always recognized until you have endured a period of discontentment.

good luck to you...

Btw, if you think your at the top, your really on the second step.. When you get to what I just mentioned, you'll be on step 5 thats when you know you've really achieved something... Again, i'm sorry if you never got chosen for prom king, and i'm sorry if everyone used to target you in dodgeball, indeed it can be a cruel world out there..

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Did you ever consider the possibility of a man who is both confident and secure wanting to learn and experience things that you cannot learn or experience anywhere else?

Who are you to presume to know that everyone who wants to join Masonry had a bad family life, or that they are merely seeking a feeling of belonging? I can't speak for anyone else, but I want to become a Mason to learn and work to become a better man, and align myself with people who are looking to do the same thing. I suppose there is a desire to be a part of something greater than myself, but it is by no means the sole motivation for my desire to become a Mason. For me I see it as kind of following in my grandfathers' footsteps as well.

Anyway the point is, I don't think you can really generalize the reasons men become Masons. I don't think it is wrong of them to be proud of the fact that they are, and I don't think all people who want to join are insecure or looking for an ego boost.

Maybe I'm wrong, it's just my opinion.

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corinthas
I have problems picturing masons on this site. They are surely all middle management and above with 2 cars and a family, not conspiracy geeks.

I am not excluding the possbilities of someone in middle management being a member of this site.. but still being "adult" usually means banally boring.Hence my doubt.

Not denial, just doubt.

Something else I cannot imagine a mason descibing the initation as awsome with 5 exclamation marks! 8 in fact!!!!!!!

[edit on 4/8/2004 by Corinthas]

Actually when I was younger, 16-19, I was quite the conspiracy theorist, but over the years that faded as my sense, logic, reason, knowledge, and wisdom grew. Im now 23 years old, a Master Mason, no kids, and to much regret, no car at the moment, although steps to acquire one are well under way. I work in the Music and Entertainment industry. Middle management...., eh, ok I guess so, since im responsible for my city/market, and running the reps in it, but whats your point?

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 12:01 PM
link   
So what are the benefits to becoming a Mason? I tought about joining but everything is so secretive I can't get any info....

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 12:01 PM
link   
As you are now a Brother I can say I greet you well. Enjoy your membership of our society, it is a world wide fraternity and you will make many new friends and have great adventures.
Brother Gerard

[edit on 4-8-2004 by Gerard]

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by lockheed
So what are the benefits to becoming a Mason? I tought about joining but everything is so secretive I can't get any info....

Partying, girls, drinking, blaa, blaa, blaa....
Just kidding..I don't know anything about this club

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by lockheed

Call up your local Lodge. Leave a message as they probably will not be in, but someone will get back with you if you express that you want them to. They will answer nearly every question you have about Freemasonry.

That is how I have recieved most of the information I have aquired so far about masonry. Good luck if you wish to pursue this. I'm already enjoying meeting all of the people that I have met in the past month after inquiring my local Lodge, and I haven't even been voted on yet!

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 12:31 PM
link   
i think it is hillarious that some feel that to belong, is to substantiate ones existance based on an inadequite child hood. You people are commical, truly we all belong we only have to ask. Also to answer a previous string i was prom king ,a soccer player, beat up in junior high, my dad is an a**hole, and my mom is a hard worker who i did not appreciate till later in life. But none of those are the reasons i wanted to be a mason, i only wanted to be part of a charitable, honorable fraternity that didnt base its meetings on drinking, smoking and horseplay and has a pourpose greater than ourselves, and a meaning as ancient as humanity.

[edit on 4-8-2004 by Orangemonkey]

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 12:41 PM
link   
By the way...

Congrats Orangemonkey, welcome to the MOB.

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Brotherhood, Enjoyable social events, charity, and the never ending supply of knowledge, on the goat gods that are in control of the rat people that disguise themselves as humans in their plot for world domination.....lol

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Congradulations on your initiation. Sounds interesting, maybe some day I'd join the Masons.

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Congradulations OrangeMonkey!!!!!!!!
8 exclamation points! Oh My Goodness!!

As to the insecure thing. I am not in the least bit insecure, my friends will strongly (to the death) profess just that. Yet I wanted to join, to belong to something greater then myself. Thats why I joined the Marine Corps., and thats why I am join Masonry. The feeling/wanting to belong is human.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Wanting to belong is human, but using the excuse that an insecure childhood led to the feeling that you must belong,and not joining based on that is cowardice. "and im not refering to you darktalon, only commenting on your statement."

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 10:17 PM
link   
While I am not a Mason, everyone of them I have either hired or gotten to know personally have been decent, hard working, honest men who loved life and got great satisfaction out of helping others.

That puts Masonry in a SINGULAR classification in my mind. I can not think of another "group", "frat" or "association" that I can honestly state this about ALL the members of I have personally met.

One of the guys that worked for me years ago wanted me to "look into" Masonry by going with him to a meeting...

I never did, so I dont know what I may have missed, BUT I am a firm beleiver in what I personally know of Masonry's "mission statement", things like putting others before self, being a POSITIVE influence in your community, striving to better yourself constantly through good works and honest self assessment, etc...

What can possibly be sinister about these motives?! How can ANYONE claim these men are insecure losers and that's why they join?! An insecure loser will RUN AWAY from men of this calibre!

Good Lord what a twisted view we sometimes get looking from the outside in when the blinds are closed!

Congratulations OrangeMonkey! Salute!

m...

[edit on 8-5-2004 by Springer]

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV

Originally posted by Orangemonkey
if you had the intelligence , and nerve to join, you would not have to speculate in stupidity, you guys are way off the wall."

I think the above statement is a bit narcissistic and a tad conceited

I can see how you would get that, but if you think about it, if a person acutally thinks that the freemason's were part of some global conspiracy, then they could just join them and actually find out. The only thing preventing a conspirist from doing this is either that they don't realize this or are just too scared.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corinthas
I have problems picturing masons on this site. They are surely all middle management and above with 2 cars and a family, not conspiracy geeks.

Nope. I'm 27 years old, a former research scientist and current high school teacher in training, unmarried (
), only one car, and although I owned a condominium before, I've sold it to finance my education. True, I'm not a "conspiracy geek." I joined this board because I didn't like the nonsense being spewed about Freemasonry here.

Just so you know, any man over 21 who believes in a Supreme Being and is of good morals can become a Mason. The same applies for women joining co-Masonry, female Masonry, or the OES.

I am not excluding the possbilities of someone in middle management being a member of this site.. but still being "adult" usually means banally boring.Hence my doubt.

Not denial, just doubt.

Am I banally boring? Actually, thinking that "adults" are "banally boring" usually means that you're too young to know what you're talking about. I think the Bare Naked Ladies said it best in the song "Baby Seat."

If you think growing up is tough
then you're just not grown up enough,
Baby.

Something else I cannot imagine a mason descibing the initation as awsome with 5 exclamation marks! 8 in fact!!!!!!!

[edit on 4/8/2004 by Corinthas]

Really? My initiation was awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So was my passing to the degree of a FC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So was my raising to the S degree of a MM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So was my advancement to the H degree of a MMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So was my being received and acknowledged as a MEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So was my being exalted as a RAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So was it when I was made a Perfect Elu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So was it when I was created a Knight Rose Croix!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So was it when I was created a Master of the R.S.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So will it be when I am made a Zelator!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Exclamation marks don't make a man not a Mason. They simply make him a not-very-creative writer.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueLies
Well good for you, congratulations...
people need to have different needs met, and some people need the rung of belonging filled , maybe someday you'll get to the rung of self actualization.

I'm sorry that the new generation has such a poorly-refined sense of irony that this thing can still be written. I am on the very tail-end of Douglas Coupland's "Generation X," and even I think this is a huge knee-slapper. You complain about we Masons being exclusionary and elitist, and needing to feel we are better and fit in, and then you proceed to tell us that you are on some vaunted "rung" we don't know about yet.

Could this be Maslow's Hierarchy of needs disguised as some new-age philosophy? Baby, I've read Maslow, I like Maslow, and you're no Maslow. Maslow was writing about the needs that need to be fulfilled in schoolchildren to enable them to learn succesfully in the school environment, and to "self-actualise" in that environment. Most reasonably stable adults already have Maslow's basic needs fulfilled... otherwise they wouldn't have the emotional capital required to be a productive citizen.

Again, i'm sorry if you never got chosen for prom king, and i'm sorry if everyone used to target you in dodgeball, indeed it can be a cruel world out there..

Oh, you are a caution! Might I point out, Ms. high-and-mighty, that you're using juvenile insults against the very people you are accusing of being immature. Slick!

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlexKennedy

I'm sorry that the new generation has such a poorly-refined sense of irony that this thing can still be written. I am on the very tail-end of Douglas Coupland's "Generation X," and even I think this is a huge knee-slapper. You complain about we Masons being exclusionary and elitist, and needing to feel we are better and fit in, and then you proceed to tell us that you are on some vaunted "rung" we don't know about yet.

Could this be Maslow's Hierarchy of needs disguised as some new-age philosophy? Baby, I've read Maslow, I like Maslow, and you're no Maslow. Maslow was writing about the needs that need to be fulfilled in schoolchildren to enable them to learn succesfully in the school environment, and to "self-actualise" in that environment. Most reasonably stable adults already have Maslow's basic needs fulfilled... otherwise they wouldn't have the emotional capital required to be a productive citizen.

Oh, you are a caution! Might I point out, Ms. high-and-mighty, that you're using juvenile insults against the very people you are accusing of being immature. Slick!

Folks, he's been eating car batteries for weeks, PH is off the scale! Just when we all thought the Canadians had turned into a bunch of tofu eating sissies, AK returns to set the record straight! His Bunyanesque stature only slightly overshadowed by his rapier wit, and omniscient intellect; those that fail to "cut the mustard" will be pulling KP duty. Late nights, burning the midnight oil, our "Hero of the North" has been sharpening his sagacity (there are other ways to stay warm AK
), preparing for just this moment.

Tread lightly yee of little perspicacity, tread lightly.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join