It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

now OBAMA thinks he is an IRISH, kenyan, hawaiian style US president

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Hawking

hi Hawking,
like i said before,
i am just the messenger...

i saw it on the evening news,
and thought " why are they now saying
about OBAMA having an Irish heritage"

+ no political madness going on here" ???
i am sure that whatever he is there for involves a lot of POLITICAL MADNESS...

seeya

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
His Irish heritage is no mystery. I just find this recent embracing of it to be a bit suspect when you consider his contempt for that side of his heritage that was clearly identified in his book "Dreams..."

The man has long suffered from an Identity crisis and spent the majority of his adult years searching for an identity. His mother certainly did him no favors in his formative years.

So, I will let O'obama explore is Irish roots if for nothing else than to distract from his other "issues" and to further charge up his campaign.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I find it hilarious. Imagine someone you work with finds out they have a great great great great relative from somewhere, say Sweden, and they booked a trip their to "trace roots"... you wouldn't find that a little odd? It sounds to me like an excuse to take yet another vacation.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
don't see what all the fuss is about to tell you the truth. He has Irish ancestors so he decided to call in for a day while having to go to Europe anyway. And yes, there is an election coming up next year and I guess that a visit to the old country won't exactly do any harm when it comes to the 'irish' vote next year. Would anybody else do any different as president?

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
You forgot to add Christian, Muslim, Jew.

His Irish ancestors are probably as real as his SS number.
edit on 23-5-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kitilani
reply to post by pcrobotwolf

Well the article says

He plans to drop by rural Moneygall, where his great-great-great-grandfather Fulmouth Kearney lived before immigrating to the United States in 1850.

So what is the big deal?

Seriously, who cares about their great great great grandfather? Nobody I know does.

So why does he care about him? Because he's trying to ``prove`` something?

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
He is a chameleon, will be or do whatever it takes to get votes and stay in power...sad really.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
O'bama?

Go back far enough and everybody is a mix of dozens of ethnicities, I pray this this thread was made to be a tongue-in-cheek dig at birthers but I'd bet anything it was not.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
my ancestors came to america to get away from punks like obama.

being irish myself this irks me. is there anything obama isnt?

my vote of what obama claims next hes hispanic or gay or both.

people dont get it yeah know where you come from but if your here now the only thing you are is an AMERICAN.

immigrants come here because the rest of the world sucks and now idiots are making this country suck

and guess what folks we dont have anywhere to run to.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I wonder who is going to try and say that he was born in Ireland because it's only a matter of time before that starts.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Please explain.

people dont get it yeah know where you come from but if your here now the only thing you are is an AMERICAN.

Pretty please? Are you Irish or American?

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by EyesWideShut

Originally posted by LargeFries
reply to post by Kitilani

i guess this puts new meaning on an old dance, the Irish Jig.

That was weak... you're lucky the mods are slow...

If you're going to be racist...do it overtly.

sincere apologies, my love of a lol sometimes supersedes good taste and good judgement. all are welcome at my table, always.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
wow. why is open racism tolerated on ATS ? It's unreal. I also post on an american football board, and racism is never tolerated

but here ?

no prob

very lame and very disappointing

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

my ancestors came to america to get away from punks like obama.

my vote of what obama claims next hes hispanic or gay or both.

immigrants come here because the rest of the world sucks and now idiots are making this country suck

and guess what folks we dont have anywhere to run to.

I was drawn to ATS due to their admirable motto and yet racist and bigoted posts like this are left to stand. Hispanic, so? Gay, so? Both, so so?

Since you claim to be of Irish decent it would seem you'd have more compassion and tolerance for minorities.

Geez, is this place becoming Stormfront lite?

Back to thread topic:

It wasn't until the 2008 presidential campaign that Obama discovered he had Irish roots, when a priest of the local Anglican church, Canon Stephen Neill, located the family's baptismal records and established the connection. Falmouth Kearney, who immigrated to the United States in 1850 at the age of 19, is a great-grandfather of Obama on his Kansas-born mother's side.

news.yahoo.com...

I think it is cool he is exploring his heritage he only recently became aware of.

edit on 23-5-2011 by MaskedDebater because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by MaskedDebater

guess you dont know how to read.

if i had a dollar everytime some "enlightened" reader of ats called me a bigot or racist i'd be rich.

thats the funny thing about throwing that bigot word around guilty of something that your trying to pass someone else off as.

since you do not know me or anything about me your opinion means exactly nothing.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I'd say you are a textbook example. Anyone who tosses around disparaging remarks implying that a person who happens to be hispanic or gay is somehow less than 'normal' or socially unacceptable would seem to be suspect.

And my only race care is from Malibu Grand Prix to drive the big go carts. I just call 'em as I see 'em pal.

since you do not know me or anything about me your opinion means exactly nothing.

Ditto

MD
edit on 23-5-2011 by MaskedDebater because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kitilani
reply to post by shaneR

lol, I was not looking for "sorreee" I just do not understand the point of your thread. How is this a twist? How do you relate it to the OBL thing? He had relatives that came from Ireland. So? Do your "roots" only include where you and your father were born? My go back to several different countries in just a few hundred years.

It just seems like this site is full of threads bashing Obama for the weirdest things instead of policy or actions. This one I do not get at all. He had a relative from Ireland. So? How bad do you need a conspiracy to be jumping on this?

I realized this along time ago, just check my signature.

Anyway Obama is half Kenyan (might be some British mixed in on his father's side though too) and half white European. However like every other natural born citizen he is all American.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedDebater
Since you claim to be of Irish decent it would seem you'd have more compassion and tolerance for minorities.

Having compassion for someone because they are of a certain "group" is itself, prejudicial.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
irish?

when will he just be American?

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join