It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

now OBAMA thinks he is an IRISH, kenyan, hawaiian style US president

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
now OBAMA is IRISH...

an excerpt from...

www.nytimes.com...

=

His 24 hours in Ireland are to be a respite from geopolitics, allowing Mr. Obama .... to drop by rural Moneygall, where his great-great-great-grandfather Fulmouth Kearney lived before immigrating to the United States in 1850.

“This is a homecoming of sorts for President Obama,” a deputy national security adviser, Benjamin J. Rhodes, said. “He’s very excited to see this small town in Ireland from which he has roots.”

see also: reuters story (below)...

www.reuters.com...

what next?

seeya
edit on 23/5/2011 by shaneR because: typo

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
What exactly is the issue here? This hardly seems worth mentioning in conversation but there is a thread about it. What is it you are having a problem with?

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by shaneR
now OBAMA is IRISH...

an excerpt from...

www.nytimes.com...

=

His 24 hours in Ireland are to be a respite from geopolitics, allowing Mr. Obama .... to drop by rural Moneygall, where his great-great-great-grandfather Fulmouth Kearney lived before immigrating to the United States in 1850.

“This is a homecoming of sorts for President Obama,” a deputy national security adviser, Benjamin J. Rhodes, said. “He’s very excited to see this small town in Ireland from which he has roots.”

see also: reuters story (below)...

www.reuters.com...

what next?

seeya
edit on 23/5/2011 by shaneR because: typo
it true his great gran pappy was a leprechaun he would also use change see picture of gold coins as a method to inspire hope then he would destroy their dreams I think they did a movie about him in the 80's yeah i found it here's the link www.bing.com...

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Kitilani

sorrrreee...

just mentioned it because it is like, just more + more 'twists" in the story...

sort of reminds me of the whole OBL fiasco...

but it is the same team running them, so i am not really surprised...

seeya

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by pcrobotwolf

Well the article says

He plans to drop by rural Moneygall, where his great-great-great-grandfather Fulmouth Kearney lived before immigrating to the United States in 1850.

So what is the big deal?

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kitilani

Well the article says

He plans to drop by rural Moneygall, where his great-great-great-grandfather Fulmouth Kearney lived before immigrating to the United States in 1850.

So what is the big deal?
Sir its a joke i could care less about him being 1 millionths Irish and 99.99999999 Kenyan

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by shaneR

lol, I was not looking for "sorreee" I just do not understand the point of your thread. How is this a twist? How do you relate it to the OBL thing? He had relatives that came from Ireland. So? Do your "roots" only include where you and your father were born? My go back to several different countries in just a few hundred years.

It just seems like this site is full of threads bashing Obama for the weirdest things instead of policy or actions. This one I do not get at all. He had a relative from Ireland. So? How bad do you need a conspiracy to be jumping on this?

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Maybe if it were funnier? After reading the story it did not make sense so I assumed you did not read the story so I was just trying to help. I am very sorry for stepping on your toes.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   

sorrrreee...

just mentioned it because it is like, just more + more 'twists" in the story...

sort of reminds me of the whole OBL fiasco...

but it is the same team running them, so i am not really surprised...

seeya

How is it a twist?

Are people just generically and randomly placed throughout the planet with no ancestry or history behind them?

This all just seems to clingy, like an ex girlfriend who keeps ringing your phone then hanging up, they hate you but they want to make sure you know about it.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   

reply to post by shaneR

lol, I was not looking for "sorreee" I just do not understand the point of your thread. How is this a twist? How do you relate it to the OBL thing? He had relatives that came from Ireland. So? Do your "roots" only include where you and your father were born? My go back to several different countries in just a few hundred years.

It just seems like this site is full of threads bashing Obama for the weirdest things instead of policy or actions. This one I do not get at all. He had a relative from Ireland. So? How bad do you need a conspiracy to be jumping on this?

Yeah it's an insane amount of paranoia. There are legitimate reasons to come down on him as a president. Where's the suspicion coming from here?

There's also no "political madness" going on here, he's just got an old European guy way up the family tree...
edit on 23-5-2011 by Hawking because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Maybe if it were funnier? After reading the story it did not make sense so I assumed you did not read the story so I was just trying to help. I am very sorry for stepping on your toes.
wow are all obama supporters this dense? His great grandfather was irish i said his gran pappy which means grand father and i also said he is a leprechaun. Obamas slogan was hope and change. if you take change and use it like spare change then it becomes currency. Leprechauns hide pots of gold think spare change add in the plot from leprechaun. Stupid "racer"
edit on 23-5-2011 by pcrobotwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   

no conspiracy. but plenty of irony. just like a few years ago when Hillary was looking for NY votes, and suddenly she was 1/10,000th jewish from who knows where in history.

i guess this puts new meaning on an old dance, the Irish Jig.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by LargeFries

no conspiracy. but plenty of irony. just like a few years ago when Hillary was looking for NY votes, and suddenly she was 1/10,000th jewish from who knows where in history.

HA!!

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Obama's Irish heritage was established while he was a senator. These links were confirmed before he was even running as a presidential canidate.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

hi, badw0lf,

what i meant was, that the story just keeps going,
i didnt start it,

but was surprised tonite when the main news suddenly said,
OBAMA in Ireland to visit distant relatives...

+ i was thinking...why?

thats all

seeya

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   

That was weak... you're lucky the mods are slow...

If you're going to be racist...do it overtly.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   

reply to post by badw0lf

hi, badw0lf,

what i meant was, that the story just keeps going,
i didnt start it,

but was surprised tonite when the main news suddenly said,
OBAMA in Ireland to visit distant relatives...

+ i was thinking...why?

thats all

seeya

The Irish Prime minsiter visited Obama in March and invited him over. Obama is over to visit the UK and other european countries for more serious matters. He is just being polite and calling into Ireland before he goes to UK.

Thats why.

Thats all.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Irony? Is Obama going to try and lock down the "Irish Vote"?

He's half white. His white half is part Irish. Nothing to see here.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by EyesWideShut

That was weak... you're lucky the mods are slow...

If you're going to be racist...do it overtly.

WOW....lol...i almost missed it! I get it now he was saying IRISH+JIGGA*OO....hahaha man I swear.
Not surprised though. he really doesnt need to be overt about it though. Hey I say if it is what you are, than stand proud about it! even if it does make you look like an A**...lol.

now back to the topic....ummmmmm like others have stated before....so what he has irish kin. whats wrong with that. Some one please show me a American that doesnt have blood line to othr countries. besides the native indians. I think its cool to know you heritage. as far back as you can go! I sure would like to know what all im mixed with. even though america says im only one thing and it has nothing to do with blood only skin color.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   
I think what's being unsaid is that whenever Obama goes into campaign mode (and it has been said he's starting early) he seems to always highlight his white heritage. This hyped up visit that includes a visit to Ancestral Home in Ireland being a cynical reminder......
There, it's been said and it's now out there....Don't shoot the messenger.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join