It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US President Obama: 'Queen symbolises the best of England'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Well if you thought that obamas unconstitutional war in libya, Pakistan was bad enough do you know what obama said about what she is to the world.

Obama: 'Queen symbolizes the best of England'

Mr Obama called Her Majesty and the Duke of Edinburgh "extraordinarily gracious people". He said his daughters were given a chance to ride in a carriage on the grounds of Buckingham Palace during a private visit last year.

Obama fond of British royal family

I think he expects to be knighted by the queen as well

I am stunned by this because this the first president to say something like this in public and in open, this makes me sick to my guts.

But what would you expect from a puppet president?
edit on 23-5-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Look, I don't like Obamas policies. I think he a progressive liberal who will tax and spend us to death. But his comments on the Queen? Meh. Politicians are always saying stuff like that. Now if he were to laud France while there or insult the royal family, then that'd be news.
My two pence

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   

If my memory serves me correctly from what I have read he is going to be one of four people to address both Houses of parliament... which I guess will mean he will get an award of some kind (Bush already has) so nothing new in that regard.. and as far as I remember Mrs Bush was rather gushy about spending time in Windsorland as being a little girls dream come true..

Not sure what I think really aside from a deep mistrust of his policies... but reading the US press the feeling I get is that we Brits are seen as no more than Corgis (or Dorgis as mentioned in a TIme article) and I am not sure if that is an up or down move in American Media spun opinion to the previous term of poodle.

ETA
edit on 23/5/11 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   
According to Wikileaks anyway, there seems to have been a lot of concern about Obama in London...many were worried that the so-called "special relationship" would suffer under him...not sure why they thought this; it might have something to do with Obama being the first non-Anglo-Saxon President, ever (Well, there was Kennedy, a Celt, but...), or maybe it is just the general economy, trends of the world, etc.

I don't trust Wikileaks 100% but I know there is tension between Obama and the UK. A more substantiated claim is that he has spent less consulting time with British authorites than any other president...

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   

balls deluxe coming from a Canadian. you should crack open a history book sometime and learn about the country you sleep in.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   
I have a question about the whole "royal wedding" thing. Why does it matter? OK let me rephrase, Why does it matter to Americans or anyone else that doesn't live in England, Im sure some people from England don't even care, Am I right?

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by reesie45

We sure don't care anymore thats for sure, the wedding was just viewed by most people as a day off work. It was just a reason to have a beer in the afternoon during the week for most of the population it would seem. The majority neither love or hate the royal family, they're just something we get to read about in the news or see on tv every few days (or weeks if it's been a bit hectic around the world). I don't really care for them and wouldn't bat an eyelid if one day we turned into a republic, but I don't see much point in campaigning against them like some people like to do.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by lifeissacred

We sure don't care anymore thats for sure, the wedding was just viewed by most people as a day off work. It was just a reason to have a beer in the afternoon during the week for most of the population it would seem. The majority neither love or hate the royal family, they're just something we get to read about in the news or see on tv every few days (or weeks if it's been a bit hectic around the world). I don't really care for them and wouldn't bat an eyelid if one day we turned into a republic, but I don't see much point in campaigning against them like some people like to do.
Well that makes sense, over here the media was making it seem like its the best thing to happen in a decade, and I easily get P O`d at things on the news that isn't news worthy in my opinion anyways. And thats all they talked about for weeks. And their still talking about it! So im sure you can understand where im coming from, also I mean no disrespect.
edit on 23-5-2011 by reesie45 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
This is almost as good as Camerons uncle's comment last week !

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   
He's a prat and the Queen's a twat. I cant stand these people, bring on the Revolution!!!

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   

But we know most everything he says in public is a lie..

Wonder what he really thinks of the queen..

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Uncle Gravity
He's a prat and the Queen's a twat. I cant stand these people, bring on the Revolution!!!
I think everyone around the world can agree on one thing, Government sucks, and needs to be replaced. REVOLUTION!!!

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   

And exactly what is wrong with Obama saying that Liz and Phil are 'gracious people' and exactly why does it make you 'sick to your guts'?

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   
According to some conspiracy theories, the Queen - by way of treaty - still pwns the USA, anyway.

Of course he has to say nice things about his boss.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

I am aware of such allegations....but the OP has offered absolutely no explanation for his quite passionate response to what is, when considering all the evil, hatred and suffering in the world, a rather innocuous comment and is probably nothing more than a diplomatic pleasantry.

I respect passion, however, I would sometimes like an explanation for it rather than just emotional outbursts lacking substance and reasoning.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   
I find it unsettling how the country that laid it all on the line to free itself from the elitist monarchies of the world is now sipping tea and making merry.

The elite are like herpes; If you beat them they just withdraw to the shadows to reemerge at the next opportune time of weakness.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by MinorityReporter

Are you seriously under the illusory belief that by doing away with monarchy one does away with ruling elite?

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   

I agree with you wholeheartedly about the annoying lengths the media went to to shove it all down our throat and the morbid fascination the tabloids had with these peoples' lives. At the end of the day the younger generation of the Royals are pretty normal people (even if they are insanely rich and supposedly the elite). As much as I disagree with monarchy and would love to see Britain eventually become a republic I don't have any animosity towards the windsors personally, they're just rich people with fancy uniforms and houses at the end of the day.
edit on 23-5-2011 by lifeissacred because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   
The Chicago Mafia man praises the head of the Tiara Gangster family. lol.

It's double speak for "We're doing great,see - we're screwing the world together and our personal bank accounts are bursting at the seems. Thank you, all you idiots who allow us to continue screwing you.. Oh, and you guys will be paying the tab for this jolly too"
edit on 23-5-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join