It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

are all the "UFO's" people are seeing actually military projects?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
okay im tired of those idiots on youtube who cant even tell apart fake and real.... there are a bunch of fake UFO videos on youtube

you can easily tell that they are fake but they claim its real LOL

anyways my point is... are the flying objects actually military projects? so secretive that the US GOV forgets to keep up to date with...

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
ha ha

check out the science channel...

RIGHT NOW

its a show about the same exact thing

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Lets cut out 90% of the UFOs as explainable stuff (satellites, weather balloons, ball lightning, etc). What is left over is actual ufo's

Some may be experimental crafts, however, consider this....do new secret stealth crafts light up the sky like a fireworks display?

Its best to use some logic when considering the authentic UFOs...
For instance, a silently hovering pitch black triangle flying past barely seen may indeed be a new project..that has a classic definition of a new stealth craft that our military would do...

A /lit up saucer shooting measurement lasers at the ground, doing dramatic movements then stopping and hovering, etc...that may be something more (something more may not necessarily mean ET craft though...just ufo's.

Youtube is difficult, because even if someone captures an authentic orion star cruiser or whatnot, then it comes down to source. CG can do anything now...I mean -anything-.
Unless its a very amateur job, then chances are calling it CG is based fully on belief verses any distinguishing marks. so ya, source is important. "some guy" on youtube is not credible and should be taken with a grain of salt.

As far as ET's driving the UFOs, well...the only sticking evidence that there is now is in the form of whistleblowers...just do be careful to believe people based on them just saying so.
Some simply want to cash in by making up stories..some may be wildly exaggerating based on the fishing story getting better as time passes, some have been mislead or fed disinfo/misinfo,...so even with them, understand their words may not be 100% true either

Want "disclosure"? sit outside and learn the stars. worst case senario, you learn the stars...but you may luck out and see something amazing...but ya, while out there, educate yourself...always a hit when you can point out constillations to others anyhow.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by mercanaries3

Haven't astronauts been telling us that the moon is colonised by outside forces?
Haven't people from all walks of life mentioned encounters with aliens?
If all all of those ufos are military operations, then why and what for?

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Given that "classic" UFO sightings and incident reports have been going on since WWII to assert that they can pretty much be because of US military projects gets a bit strained. Try to imagine a super-duper technology that only the US was able to discover and develop in the last 70 years or so. Then imagine that after spending bazillions of dollars for a technology that seems to have had no impact on US military doctrine or US government policy that Congress is still pouring money down that hole. Then that the US military lights it's most secret projects up like a nuclear Christmas tree and then flies them over population centers so that later, after turning out the lights, it can hover the strategic high ground of Joe's back yard in West Ohmygosh, Wisconsin at 3 in the morning,

After a while it gets easier just to think they're from not around here.
edit on 23-5-2011 by eyebeam because: Typo[/eb]
edit on 23-5-2011 by eyebeam because: Typo
extra DIV

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I for one account mysterious object sightings for secret projects or fringe technology.

If the U.S. has a jet that can travel faster then a bullet for over 90 minutes, then ya what most are seeing are only unidentified to them but not to those at mission control.

Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird

Rhain

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Dude, they are Chinese lanterns.....Get it through your head!!!

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rhain
I for one account mysterious object sightings for secret projects or fringe technology.

If the U.S. has a jet that can travel faster then a bullet for over 90 minutes, then ya what most are seeing are only unidentified to them but not to those at mission control.

Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird

Rhain

This bird is retired, I would not doubt that we are using something that is far better that that bird. This bird was born in the 50s-60s and retied in 89. It is now 2011, bet we have better gear by now.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
No, most likely it's not been military technology that's been seen, though some small percentage of UFO sightings can undoubtedly be explained that way.

The problem with your very reasonable sounding theory is... if we have technology that can do what eyeballs and radar have simultaneously reported many UFO's as being able to do... well, WHERE is that technology of ours? Why is our military not using it? Why are we trudging through bunches of wars with F-22's and drones when we have machines that can fly WITHOUT airfoils (wings) and without standard propulsion?

Simply stated, if we had things that could do what's been reported, this world would be a very different place.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by BIGPoJo
This bird [the SR-71] is retired, I would not doubt that we are using something that is far better that that bird. This bird was born in the 50s-60s and retied in 89. It is now 2011, bet we have better gear by now.

We are using something far better: satellites.

Intelligence / reconnaissance with planes that fly in the atmosphere is SO 1980's...

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by TeaAndStrumpets

This bird [the SR-71] is retired, I would not doubt that we are using something that is far better that that bird. This bird was born in the 50s-60s and retied in 89. It is now 2011, bet we have better gear by now.

Intelligence / reconnaissance with planes that fly in the atmosphere is SO 1980's...

Not necessarily. Most importantly, satellites are very predictable. The opposition knows just when they're coming.

Secondarily, atmospheric reconaissance is substantially closer, and can be targeted at an area of interest on short notice, when satellites cannot.

Thirdly, long-loiter reconaissance (tactical) is really useful fighting guerilla wars or waxing Osama bin Laden.
Satellites can't do that. Drones can.

Satellite and aerial have different characteristics and purposes.

edit on 24-5-2011 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Only a small part are actually unknown government aircraft id say.

Mostly its Iphail apps, laser pointer through the window, photo shoop, birth certificate, swamp gas, weather balloon and swamp gas.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Some of them are.

I liked the one a while ago with the "silver triangle balloon" that later it turned out there was a secret military project with that was a silver triangle aircraft.

Clearly at least some are.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
The real UFOs are a bit of both imo. You may want to take a look at these videos regarding UFO & Military Abductions by Dr. Karla Turner

This as well "UFO's, Aliens, and the Question of Contact "

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by radkrish

Haven't astronauts been telling us that the moon is colonised by outside forces?
Haven't people from all walks of life mentioned encounters with aliens?
If all all of those ufos are military operations, then why and what for?

I think it is a mixed bag....I think some UFO's were made here on earth...and some UFO's are from other planets...I also think that some aliens from other planets entered into agreements to share some of their technology (and/or) were forced into it....I do think in underground bases...aliens from other planets are housed when they are here on earth....the question to me is...what did we give to them in return for the information.....

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   

are all the "UFO's" people are seeing actually military projects?

I think some are. But I'm 99.9% sure some are not. Definitely not
. As SaturnFX said, do your own searching and you'll learn a whole bunch of interesting stuff. Push your searching into emic territory and you may just experience the real thing first hand. You'll be in a curious position at this point if it happens. You will have nothing to offer for evidence except your story(s). But against all normal logic/reason you cannot go back to being just on the fence... because you've just experienced it. It's a weird and surrealistic place to be, in a sense. You just can't go back if/when it happens. Happy searching!

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by TeaAndStrumpets

Good point but it could take days to move a satellite into position to get a quick shot of something. When you need confirmation NOW and not LATER, you send in a recon plane. If we have vehicles that can turn at 90 degree angles and instantly accelerate, they would be a good replacement for the SR-71 for sure. Hell, with that tech we could drop a bomb and be on the other side of the planet before it even goes off.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
In short: my opinion is yes.

There is (likely) not a man or woman here who could tell you for sure, but given the scope of the universe and the nature of UFO sightings, I would point to military black budget programs being the cause of at least 90% of them.

Everyone used to love to bring in project blue balls...errr book as proof of government knowledge of E.T. craft, however in reality it is quite the opposite. Project blue book was used as a means to hide the government's black book military projects. The government openly asked the USAF to call many of these sightings UFO's and to fuel the E.T. UFO agenda. When people used to talk about seeing strange objects and then being visited by "men in black," well, it was usually because they were an inadvertent witness to a classified project. The government had enough humanitarianism in them to ask people to sign a form and take an oath of silence, rather than just kill them off.

I'm not one to deny the existence of E.T.'s and their respective transport craft, just that most if not all cases I have been presented can either be written off as a hoax or an advanced military project....using logic, rationality and discernment that is.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by BIGPoJo

Exactly my point, the technology is out there. Ya it's still a UFO but not extraterrestrial, just secret.

Rhain

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
In a nut shell yes.
For every piece of technology that has been publicly known rest easy knowing they are at least ten years ahead of you.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join