It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question about Fonts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I was noticing that when you hover over a members drop-down menu under their name, some are with a bold font, and some with a slim font, even on the same thread, one after the other.

why is that?

edit on 22-5-2011 by incrediblelousminds because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
GO ahead. Try it out. Some are in a thick bold font, and some n a slim font.

Is it a browser issue on my end, or is that secret ATS code?

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Hmmm, went through a few pages on some threads I am reading. They are all the skinny style so far. Using up to date firefox over here.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
If it's code, it's above my need to know.

No I think it's just one of those things. No real rhyme or reason for it. The owners are really trusting about leaving the site in the hands of the staff. I have to think if there was any purpose behind it, we'd know what it was.

There's no code, or anything distinctive associated with any account or mini profile that you can see when viewing the site that has any particular secret significance to staff. It would be cool if there was.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

yes. perhaps nothing. Thanks for trying though. I am also using newest firefox at the moment. It is also still showing me different fonts. And it is consistent with the member. some members have their drop down in a bold font, some dont. page after page, the same thing.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Is it bold if you are on ATS now and un-bolded if you are logged off?
Going to check my theory now...

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by tallcool1

That seems to be the case. Even in the example given by the op. If the member is on ATS the options are bold if they are offline they are slim. Seems to be the case on all those I've checked out so far.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Just looking at the source code for the page, I think its an error.

The text "Member is offline." does not have a bold command.
The text "Member was on ATS 5 minutes ago." has a bold command but also closes it off at the end.
however
The text "Member is on ATS now." has a bold command but it seems somebody forgot to close it off at the end.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by tallcool1

That seems to be the case. Even in the example given by the op. If the member is on ATS the options are bold if they are offline they are slim. Seems to be the case on all those I've checked out so far.

No, i never mentioned anything about a difference between logged in and logged off.

I am seeing this phenomenon while logged in. If a member is logged on or not does not seem to change it, either.

everyone in this thread thus far is skinny, btw

edit on 25-5-2011 by incrediblelousminds because: (no reason given)

join