It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOOGLE appears to be hiding/skewing content in Search Queries!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11

Originally posted by Djdoubt03
Of course Baidu is going to say China and Russia have the strongest military its a Chinese search engine. China is a communist country and controls all media as a propaganda took to make them and their allies look good.

And the US is a capitalist country that does the same thing.

What does communism or capitalism have to do with anything? They are just words, just like their own political zealots call us "capitalist pigs" in China or Russia. But not everyone falls for it. Anyway if China is communist then that obviously hasn't stopped them from catching up to our self-destructing capitalist economy.

Think you could make this same statement about China IN China?
Try it...

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by userid1

Excellent point, I would have to agree with the concept of free speech in the USA, but it seems like Google has fast become a mega censor for the government here too.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by AmericanProdigy
Check this out! The largest search engine in the US is definitely a government tool. Not only does it track the user's electronic footprint as we all know, it also hides the information that it doesn't want you to know.

For example:

If you data-mine "World's Strongest Military" on Google you get search results confirming that the United States military is the strongest.

On the same token, if you data-mine "World's Strongest Military" on Baidu, China's largest search engine, it ranks the People's Liberation Army as the world leader followed by the Russian military. It puts the USA at an unfortunate third place.

I did some other searches and noted that currency and other world issues are being skewed by Google too. Is Google involved in bone fide propaganda or were these just a couple isolated incidents?

Am I alone in this experience, or have you experienced this too?

Thank you for your input.

Google also skews it's search engine in favor of feminism and liberals as well, hence why I stopped using Google. The real eye-opener was when the Laughner insanity happened. If you tried to google "Laughner is a leftistist" and other such things all you got where websites popping up trying to squash that legitimate claim.

Used Bing and/or a different search engine's and got radically different results.

Also it seems it has gotten harder to use search engines in general.

Baidu is confusing the difference between strongest and largest. As for Russia, without it's nukes my homes states National Guard could conquer that nation with ease. Russia's military is by and large a pathetic joke like other European nations military's are.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Djdoubt03

Of course Baidu is going to say China and Russia have the strongest military its a Chinese search engine.

The thing is, it doesn't.

Not sure why the OP says so. As of this writing this is the #1 on Baidu's SERP. (using th OP's keywords)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by AmericanProdigy

I have recently experienced interesting 'crap results sets' on typing ordinarily productive search terms into the query field.

For example - 'Survival, bushcraft, camping stores, Manchester' returns a veritable crap-load of irrelevant and rubbish websites, PDFs etc, when it should quite clearly display the many tens of different reputable stores - who all have excellent websites.

That's just one minor example. There are many I can think of, including some subjects within the USGS sites, and other scientific research bodies that have a heavy tie-in with some government or other.

Possible that they are deliberately setting up wild goose chases in certain subject areas, to comply with government prescriptions to keep people focused on the irrelevancies of life instead of straightforward access to real information about the world we live in...

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I have my own unique search method. That I am certain no one here uses. Anyways, this was an interesting top link it brought up. Stroll down for a very nicely formatted ranking of all the top countries. You can also check out some other very interesting stats there. Way kewl!

GlobalFirepower.com: Strength in Numbers
edit on 28-5-2011 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   
There's a really good TED Talk about this idea, i just came across it a week ago after me and my brother were talking about the same idea. It's interesting how synchronous life is sometimes...well the video basically explains that google and other online services personalize the data to you and they even do it in a way that keeps you happy and doesn't show you anything that will upset you.

Beware online filter bubles

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swills
reply to post by AmericanProdigy

It doesn't surprise me.

Check this out. How troops every country has, according to wiki, but still....
en.wikipedia.org...
I think Iceland loses with 130 troops

edit on 22-5-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)

What's a good site engine if google sux?
edit on 22-5-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)

Wow, Korea has over 400 per 1000 capita, That is completely disgusting. Obviously these people don't want to live, someone should just blow them up... but it looks like Russia has already thought about this.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Btw OP. Google isn't an answering machine. It lists links and texts. It rates by how many page referrals, links etc it finds. I'd think on this day and age everyone would know that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join