It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Okay, The End is Here - Do You Try To Survive?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Greetings ...

So, after watching a few YT videos on Comet Elenin, which seem to be gathering steam again on the conspiracy circuit, there was the typical mention of a (physical) pole reversal, 1000 ft waves, 200 degrees F weather, etc. While I have made general preparations for any type of emergency - thinking more likely that it will be an economic one - I was thinking what a pain in the butt it would be to be prepared to such and extent that I have my house prepped, my car prepped, a cave to escape to or a location that is about 1000 ft - you get the idea.

If a super-wave was heading your way, would you make a run for it or would you just say - forget it? The idea of living off the land and roaming about in a method similar to the depiction in the movie, "The Road," just doesn't appeal to me. To me it seems reasonable to prepare to camp out at your house and play the odds. If I don't make it, I don't make it.

However, here is the question I would like to elicit from you all - do you think it is morally wrong to not care whether you live or die in that situation? Granted, if it were economical or governmental, I would have a totally different perspective. However, in a cosmic SHTF moment, why stress.

edit on 22-5-2011 by alyoshablue because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-5-2011 by alyoshablue because: typos

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I'm guessing you're asking if watching a 1000 ft tsunami come at you, instead of turning and running, is a form of suicide. I don't think so. Not caring whether you live or die, and recognizing your odds, are completely different things.
Me, however? I'd always fight, swim, clamber on top of floating debris, do something. I just can't imagine being a deer in headlights to the end of the world. I may not survive, but I'll die tryin'.

To quote the most hardcore line in Cinema history: "Never tell me the odds"
edit on 22-5-2011 by Mactire because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
'zactly We all gonna die someday...I see no benefit to be gained by running screaming and dying tired.
edit on 22-5-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I think if there's even a 1% chance for survival, I will be trying - even if only out of the curiosity to see what the world looks like and the challenge of making it.

Edit: Oh and I'm going to vote that- just giving up -is morally wrong. IMO Giving up is like slapping life in the face, unless there's already a 0% chance of survival.
edit on 22-5-2011 by CN1018 because: Forgot something

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by alyoshablue

I believe it is in most of us on this site to attempt to survive. Maybe in our own way but we will fight to survive. If we were the type to either not care of just give up. We wouldn't here to begin with. What would be the point? Not only do we want to see the other side of doom and gloom. We want to help other people too. Why? I can't answer that maybe some of you can.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Every day my only instinct is to make it to tomorrow safe and sound. I would think, Yes. Yes I would try to survive any circumstance that ultimately could cost my life.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Thanks for your input, folks.

Originally posted by Mactire
I'm guessing you're asking if watching a 1000 ft tsunami come at you, instead of turning and running, is a form of suicide. I don't think so. Not caring whether you live or die, and recognizing your odds, are completely different things.
Me, however? I'd always fight, swim, clamber on top of floating debris, do something. I just can't imagine being a deer in headlights to the end of the world. I may not survive, but I'll die tryin'.

To quote the most hardcore line in Cinema history: "Never tell me the odds"
edit on 22-5-2011 by Mactire because: (no reason given)

Well said, Mactire. I guess if I were drowning, and at my house, I would fight to survive. But, to gather the whole family, try to fight the massing crowds and mayhem, I just don't know.

reply to post by CN1018

I see your point and that is why I asked it ... is it morally wrong to not fight the crowds and mayhem and settle at - I have prepared my abode and will take my chances? Again, if a flood hit my house, I would most likely "fight, swim, clamber on top of floating debris, do something (Mactire)" to save my family or those around me. But a very short warning to get up and go I don't see happening.

reply to post by redrose123

I can agree with that. I guess I am taking my chances that I have prepared and "fought" to prepare the abode for the folks here, calculating on a certain type of catastrophe, economic, versus a super wave. Thanks for the reply.
edit on 22-5-2011 by alyoshablue because: Typos

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I think its human instict to survive. I could never give up, I will fight. But following the masses usually isnt the best idea. I have children so I will fight to my own death to see to thier survival. Feed them first, fight for them, teach them, and most definately band together with my friends to ensure survival.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I think I'd fight to survive, mainly because deep down I'm a big coward. I'm afraid of death. Not "life after death", or whatever happens after you die, but of the actual physical dying part.
The part that hurts!

Plus I have kids - I'd try to get them somewhere safe (or relatively so), so they could have a chance.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I had a premonition a few years back about a wave of earth a mile high and i knew it was inescapable. if you are prepared and are at least 4,000 ft above sea level you might have a fighting chance, and you should give it your all if you are capable, even if you fail.

you only live once and if you could begin again after a cataclysm its your right and duty as a member of the human race to begin again and attempt to succeed

new topics

top topics

join