It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the significance - if any - between member status of "member" and "Member"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

You are correct about the writer / scholar / fighter status - the OP was wondering why some have 'member' status and other's 'Member' - what does the capital M signify?

Cuhail is an ex-Mod....I suspect they are winding people up,

edit on 23/5/11 by Freeborn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
It's funny that all these (m)embers are askin questions... makes one wonder what's around the corner for the site if we have a lot of people suddenly rioting.... like Egypt perhaps....

No really I have no clue what the distinction is, I haven't had a (m) or (M)ember title in so long I can't even remember what it looked like.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds

youre missing the point. the distinction being asked about is Members vs members. Not the distinction you are referring to regarding other titles
edit on 23-5-2011 by incrediblelousminds because: (no reason given)

No I am not. I saw it and someone asked about that as well so I answered and once again people on here tend to ignore when someone answers their question...not saying it was you but someone mentioned and i replied but i guess the whole "member vs Member" conspiracy it much more entertaining

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn

You are correct about the writer / scholar / fighter status - the OP was wondering why some have 'member' status and other's 'Member' - what does the capital M signify?

Cuhail is an ex-Mod....I suspect they are winding people up, l

Thank you lol Yeah someone mentioned what i mentioned which is why I posted it.

The member VS Member well I have no clue, never paid attention honestly.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver

youre missing the point. the distinction being asked about is Members vs members. Not the distinction you are referring to regarding other titles
edit on 23-5-2011 by incrediblelousminds because: (no reason given)

No I am not. I saw it and someone asked about that as well so I answered and once again people on here tend to ignore when someone answers their question...not saying it was you but someone mentioned and i replied but i guess the whole "member vs Member" conspiracy it much more entertaining

Well, that IS the title of the thread

and all.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Posting to find out if I'm a big m or little M...

They shall call me...

Little M!

edit on 23/5/11 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure the small ''m'' is for those who have been banned in one way or another.

It's like a discreet naughty-step that those who have transgressed have to permanently sit upon.

In fact, I'm tempted to call a few members some nasty names in an attempt to get myself banned and reinstated - just to prove a point.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
It's a pretty simple explanation..

The membership increased at such a swift pace that we actually ran out of capital M's for awhile..

Yeah that's it..

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

LOL now thats the funniest thing i have read in a while

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes
I have heard that it is to do with whether you've been previously banned or warned. If you get banned and reinstated, or post banned, or receive a final warning, then the ''M'' drops to lower case.

I'm not sure whether that's true or not, but I did read that explanation on another thread. If so, then it's ''naming and shaming'' people in a subtle and stealthy manner, and a bit more discreet than the old red ''warn'' tags.

I am guessing this is correct. At least it would be for me...maybe...once or twice

I shall wear it as a badge of honor...for being a Rebel....troublemaker sounds so naughty....Rebel is much cooler.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Well call me dumb, I never noticed that.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver

Originally posted by IPILYA
Ya know what I find interesting? The fact that any other B&Q thread has a moderator post within the first few posts.
This thread is on page 2 and it is 12 hours old as of now and not a single mod reply. I don't think there is a conspiracy here, but the Mods are withholding info, even if it is to see if we can figure it out on our own. Someone is getting a chuckle at our expense.

They arent withholding anything.

If they are not answering the question, which they are not, they are by definition withholding.

edit on 23-5-2011 by IPILYA because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

I remember that

it took us days to get more capital M's

edit on 23/5/2011 by Sauron because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I remember reading that the M's had been abducted by the Greys and only returned after the Pleideans negotiated their return.

Crazy times we live in.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Or maybe 'the mods' don't know and they are trying to find out before posting anything?

Ding, ding, ding, we have a winner. I have a theory but I don't know. I think that if someone has gotten a custom title, whether they still wear it or not, that leads to the uncapitalized "m".

"the4" was a game for the membership that lead to the creation of IgnoranceDenied. An ATS offshoot.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
This is quite interesting. I don't know if I'm a Member or a member. I kind of want the big M though.

(:

Waiting to see the answer!

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Before mine went to "Writer" I know that it was "Member" and not "member"

Ya, I know that didn't help much

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Or maybe 'the mods' don't know and they are trying to find out before posting anything?

Ding, ding, ding, we have a winner. I have a theory but I don't know. I think that if someone has gotten a custom title, whether they still wear it or not, that leads to the uncapitalized "m".

[/quote

IS there anyway for someone to have a 'custom title' but not being 'wearing it'?

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   

IS there anyway for someone to have a 'custom title' but not being 'wearing it'?

Yes. You can change it to no text. Thus erasing the one you had.

Edit: Glad i finally got a question I could answer.

edit on 23-5-2011 by intrepid because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I'm not a mod. But I do know the answer. However, I am not at liberty to divulge that information at this time as it might compromise our agents still in the field.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join