It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"When Aliens Attack" on Nat Geo now

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by DrakeDarc

Sure, you can find it here.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Ever get the feeling we are somehow being prepared for what
may come,in an ever slightly increasing way?

Hey,did I just see them send troops up with balloons to an alien ship??

We are in trouble.

Is that what happen at Roswell?

It was a weather balloon and an alien spacecraft.
We defeated the aliens back then with a weather balloon!

edit on 22-5-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Yes, but its seems more and more people are looking at this as a threat. I mean back in the day they didnt understand it, but to me it seems like its grabbing a more Worldwide following. I mean Osama just got taken out and we need a new Enemy, so they could def be the new "invisible" enemy, lol.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

Thank you kind sir...or Ma'am,

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by jaycen420

Yea, I could also see this happening. Like look at the Black Plague, Small Pox, AIDS, HIV, H1N1, they all to seem to come about randomly throughout history. I mean they could be practicing.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrakeDarc
reply to post by jaycen420

Yea, I could also see this happening. Like look at the Black Plague, Small Pox, AIDS, HIV, H1N1, they all to seem to come about randomly throughout history. I mean they could be practicing.

Ya i think that could be possible considering all of these diseases seen to come from nowhere so fast. Its plausible id say.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Are you people this #ing stupid?

Lets step back for a moment and actually be objective.

What are the energy reqs for going to the moon? Can humans do it in a day? the answers are lots and NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

And you actually believe a civilization capable of traveling through interstellar space would have a hard time taking over the earth?

I have a bridge and an Apocalypse to sell you. All it will cost you is your life savings. I promise I will double it. The check is in the mail.

If any of you wondered Saturday what morons believed the world was gong to end ITS MORONS JUST LIKE YOU.

I am sickened to think that a that someone who took the time to learn physics, but was bad at it, would resort to this type of total nonsense just to get a payday.

YOUR THE PROBLEM WITH THE WORLD.

think about it...............logically if you can.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
So, final moral of the story.

Will Smith will be replaced by the guy whom makes balloon animals for our secret alien killing weapon

It is a overall good documentry though, beyond all the incredibly moronic things it said, yes, guerrilla warfare will be the thing that could see us through...or at the very least, be a good time killer while living in your cave.

They never did do a satisfactory explanation as to why the alien bots were invading though...biofuel..really...so they would blow up our nuclear power to grab our plants and animals for fuel...right...gotcha.

sort of like killing a cow in order to eat the grass...but I won't get too critical..it was a cute fluff piece on some rather limited conventional thinking of alien invasion...I am glad they did address the typical nonsense (they come for our water, they come for our gold, they come for our women) as that being highly unlikely.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by shermerlover

No,you are.

It's just intriguing entertainment in my book.
Sci-Fi dude,or dudette .

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by shermerlover
Are you people this #ing stupid?

Who are you addressing? 0-o

Going to speak for the group of commentators here by saying...erm..no

Lets step back for a moment and actually be objective.

Yes, lets do just that.
Lets be objective.

What are the energy reqs for going to the moon? Can humans do it in a day? the answers are lots and NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

And you actually believe a civilization capable of traveling through interstellar space would have a hard time taking over the earth?

Not at all, frankly, if an alien race wished for our destruction, as stated, it would be done quite easily and most likely without even a blip on the radar screen alerting us of their presence...all depending on their intention of course, if they didn't mind turning the world into vapor, they would just lob a bunch of asteroids at us and wait for the fires to go out, or send a virus down that would target homo-sapian's and eradicate them completely, etc...

The discussion was the highly unlikely senario of a old school invasion force, a SHTF senario as painted by the program, and possible reactions to it. They make a decent point at the end, of how the prep for that has other benefits, such as mega storms, earthquakes, etc...
Its basically the zombie apocolypse training...be prepared for some absurdly extreme event, and anything less than that your already well prepared to handle. the zombie apocolypse is an actual training exercise in survival...not that the military believes zombies will literally start coming, but in reality, anything less than that makes them well prepared.

I have a bridge and an Apocalypse to sell you. All it will cost you is your life savings. I promise I will double it. The check is in the mail.

Cool, your going to double my life savings with a check, thats already in the mail...and give me a bridge? how can I possibly refuse

If any of you wondered Saturday what morons believed the world was gong to end ITS MORONS JUST LIKE YOU.

Again, not sure who your addressing.
But ya, actually I would venture to say the opposite actually. See, we are commenting on the show and discussing other methods of how it would introduce the destruction of earth...being critial of a show.
This is called creative speculation...something that the believers in the religious nonsense failed to do...however, you are claiming with your post a very rightous mentality, that you somehow know all aspects of truth and everyone else is a fool

now -that- is a sign of those whom fell for the latest hoax

I am sickened to think that a that someone who took the time to learn physics, but was bad at it, would resort to this type of total nonsense just to get a payday.

YOUR THE PROBLEM WITH THE WORLD.

Actually, posts that make little sense are the problem with the world
Digital information is not a infinate resource...you realize how many digital tree's had to be cut down in order for you to make that post?!!....ya, didn't think you did know that!

think about it...............logically if you can.

Will try
but my logic skills are not working well tonight

11+3=cat

I am almost sure thats wrong...perhaps you can lead by example and try a bit of logic yourself...maybe actually add to the discussion verses become distressed that people are...talking about a program or whatever your issue is.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
lol
I just realized that dude is new
like, really new...aka, that is his first post ever on ATS....not the most graceful start of his commentary hobby.

damn newbies

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
It's all just a ploy to get our minds off the Japan disaster.
Feeding the conspirators more disinfo.

How much radiation is heading our way anyways??
Isn't Japan getting ready to slide into the sea?

I'm sorry,just in a sarcastic mood.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
It's all just a ploy to get our minds off the Japan disaster.
Feeding the conspirators more disinfo.

How much radiation is heading our way anyways??
Isn't Japan getting ready to slide into the sea?

I'm sorry,just in a sarcastic mood.

Naa dude, Japan is just a ploy to get our minds off the 2012 impending alien apocolypse!

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
If I was in charge during this invasion, I would have started nuking the ships and the cities they were over.

It is important to show them that their excursions here will not be economically viable and that we care less about our fellow humans than we do the destruction of their alien property (at least for the time being).

The goal is to make their initial investment pay back as little as possible and force them to decide whether or not they should throw more good money after the bad. The initial loss could be too much for their financiers to handle and the expedition might very well be cancelled before more losses are incurred. Smart investors might start pulling money out and stockholders might start selling off their shares.

*We might not be able to defeat the aliens, but we might convince them that this planet is a waste of resources and money. Every ship they lose here is a ship they cannot use to conquer a more profitable world. That is a good thing.

edit on 23-5-2011 by Exuberant1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
really like the show i thought it pointed out alot of things that could happen ..If anything it was great entertainment ..I thought Nat Geo put alot of time and thought into it..

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Does anyone else notice a surge in "supernatural" type shows being presented on channels like National Geographic, The History Channel and the Discovery Channel? I think its a new marketing scheme to try to get people to look to them for "conspiracy" information, besides the internet. The reason I stopped watching these types of shows is that they never really conclude anything at the end.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

They never did do a satisfactory explanation as to why the alien bots were invading though

Yes they did. The aliens wanted two things, chlorophyll and protein. Whether they wanted these for food or fuel or both, the point was that a huge fleet like this may have been traveling a long way and their survival comes first. They will squash us like bugs to get the resources they need and then move on. All they did was lay out our response plans for that type of scenario.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by questforevidence
Does anyone else notice a surge in "supernatural" type shows being presented on channels like National Geographic, The History Channel and the Discovery Channel?

Yes, I think it's all part of conditioning our minds to think a certain way. Bluebeam comes to mind.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Yea, I could careless what he has to say then, lol. But like I said its a pretty far out idea. I agree with you more how they would just crush everything with a Astroid and Plague our a$$es. But like it was said on here, it was just a good watch

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Under Water

They never did do a satisfactory explanation as to why the alien bots were invading though

Yes they did. The aliens wanted two things, chlorophyll and protein. Whether they wanted these for food or fuel or both,

Yes, well, thats the issue
the narration was that they are simply machines...we are dealing with toasters, so they aren't here because they got the munchys...
Meaning, they were using it for fuel as they said...and ya, erm...bio-fuel is the least efficient fuel. I don't believe that galaxy class star destroyers will be running on a combustion engine...its simply to absurd to even consider...

so, that eliminates the fuel aspect, and the food aspect.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join