It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to prove to anyone that Water Fluoridation is Bad for us

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by adeclerk

Originally posted by Uncinus
Since some areas fluoridate and some don't, then surely the difference in health would be apparent between those areas.

Are there any examples that show this?

Not one recorded instance, interestingly enough. And all of the ill effects seem to only affect children.

/thread

The disinformation is deafening!

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
You know when I was a kid I had a bunch of those white spots on my teeth. I remember them saying it was from antibiotics. I think it was flourosis. I still have the spots to this day and had to have cosmetic dentistry to get them off my front teeth.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
My dentist said that pure baking soda is the best and only toothpaste anybody needs- the best results and the safest all around. Kills the bad breath germs, cleans the plaque off... And of course, it's cheaper than toothpaste too. It's all he ever uses.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Some more recent(this year) info from NAS:

A new report from the prestigious National Academy of Sciences (NAS) concludes that the current allowable level of fluoride in tap water is not protective of the public health and should be lowered, citing serious concerns about bone fractures and dental fluorosis, a discoloration and weakening of the enamel of the teeth that the committee noted is associated with other adverse health impacts.

In just one example of the potential health risks from water fluoridation, the committee cited concerns about the potential of fluoride to lower IQ, noting on page six of the report that the "consistency of study results appears significant enough to warrant additional research on the effects of fluoride on intelligence." IQ deficits, the committee noted, have been strongly associated with dental fluorosis, a condition caused by fluoride in tap water (NAS pg 175).
The committee’s findings support Environmental Working Group’s (EWG’s) recommendation that fluoride exposure should be limited to toothpaste, where it provides the greatest dental benefit and presents the lowest overall health risk.

the-health-gazette.com...

90 percent of the fluoride added to your drinking water is hydrofluoric acid -- a compound of fluorine that is a chemical byproduct of aluminum, steel, cement, phosphate, and nuclear weapons manufacturing.

Read more: www.chicagonow.com...# ixzz1NIOQeyEI

According to the CDC itself, about 32 percent of American children have some level of dental fluorosis, characterized by mottling and pitting of the teeth. The real percentage is probably a lot higher than that. In 1993, the National Research Council reported 84 percent of the population had dental fluorosis in areas where fluoride in the water exceeded 3.7 parts per million (ppm).

Read more: www.chicagonow.com...# ixzz1NIOXhMc5

www.chicagonow.com...# ixzz1Ji3mw2TE

You know what I find interesting? I am trying to research only govmnt and medical info on this issue, from this year, and while there are several different sources and titles, when I click on them, the 'page is not found,' on 6 different occasions.

Hmmm...

spec

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
^

Yep NAS are clearly wack jobs that got their info from Alex Jones

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Double post

edit on 24-5-2011 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I guess once Alex Jones talks about a conspiracy topic that's been around since before his radio career started it's automatically outcasted and associated with untrusted fear-mongering crazy conspiracy talk. We're starting to sound just like what the mainstream media feeds us.

You fall right into place in there game of chess of the mind. Becomes more believable of why the allow Alex to fly all across satellite radio. For the subliminal reinforcing on subjects and quick and broad associations with "crazy conspiracy" and "fear mongering". It's the quick mental escape route that "they" are offering, and we all are falling into play perfectly.

Stop and think and research on your own everybody, Alex or not

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
reply to post by Swills

I've noticed a lot of people are prolly in need of vitamin more than they are in need of fluoride. I'm guessing most American diets lack proper vitamin, and I only have to look to Americas rising waist line to know they need more vitamins as well as exercise.

I don't know about you but I still remember memorizing the food pyramid in school. Knowing how much of what to eat, how many times a day, as well as portion sizes.

For a grand conspiracy, they are doing a bad job at trying to teach people to eat right.

Of course, if they force fed you the proper food you ate, then that would be a violation of your rights...

People enjoy being lazy, and other people make money off of it. Eventually, someone has to take responsibility for their own life.

well good for you skippy. now how about the other 299 million or so americans? just because you have the common sense and intelligence to eat right and not be influenced by flashy McDonald's commercials doesnt mean the rest of the country is. Obesity in America was classified as a pandemic at one stage. that is funny and sad at the same time. people are easily influenced. look up Eddy Bearnaise and a BBC documentary called happiness machines about public relations and how the word was hypnotized by corporations.

You would have to be pretty clueless to not see that there is absolutely no need to have fluoride in drinking water when 80% of the water you drink doesnt even hit your teeth. thats if you drink like an average person. and it would only hit the teeth on the lower jaw. so your ingesting roughly 80% of unnecessary fluoride. too bad we dont have teeth in our stomachs. seriously? teeth? we are all dying of cancers and god knows what other forms of crazy genetic deformities. but they have time to care about our teeth? wake up for christ sake. cant you see that this towing the company line bullsh!t attitude is whats holding the world back. defending this garbage isnt going to make your life better but if what we are saying is true and we put a stop to this crap it will most certainly improve the quality of your life.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearMitochondria

# Boiling Water
This will concentrate the fluoride rather than reduce it.

How

Which one do you collect? The remains or the steam? Wouldn't the steam be pure for the most part? It'd be like distillation sort of in reverse.
edit on 5/23/11 by NuclearMitochondria because: (no reason given)
yes the steam is clean the leftover water is more concentrated. how would you catch steam without a distill? i think RO fillters workout cheaper because of the fuel cost to heat the water

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by seaside sky
My dentist said that pure baking soda is the best and only toothpaste anybody needs- the best results and the safest all around. Kills the bad breath germs, cleans the plaque off... And of course, it's cheaper than toothpaste too. It's all he ever uses.

he is correct
100 %

boiling water does not remove it, to add....

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Buford2

I did and it clearly says flouride

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I give my dogs tap water, as millions of Americans do. Is flouride toxic to dogs? If so, wouldn't they have a far greater risk of death associated with flouride? My 10lb dogs drink the stuff, and I see no ill effects on them. Wouldn't it kill a smaller animal?

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by AngryAlien

There is some grade A critical thinking, bravo. The whole "water fluoridation is bad for us" conspiracy is unfounded fear-mongering made up to sell books. Sure, fluoride is toxic in large amounts (it's trace amounts in tap water, though), but you have to consider that water shares this same property.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by AngryAlien

Whether you believe the conspiracies or not, no one is saying the fluoride in the water is meant to kill you or your pets. If that were the case people would have long ago demanded it be removed from the water supply. Although the fluoride being in rat poison is a fun fact but then again arsenic is in apples. The bare bones facts from the CDC and NAS is that there has been too much fluoride in the water supplies that are causing side effects/health problems, especially in children.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I have a 1948 Encyclopaedia Britannica. Can't post a link to it, they are real books. Generally accepted as authoritative on pretty much everything.

If you look up flouride or flourine it has a whole page on it. Tells you that it is one of the most toxic poisons KNOWN. Describes it as potent rat poison, and general pesticide. Does not say ONE WORD about it being good for your teeth, or for that matter being good in any way, other than killing rats.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptChaos
I have a 1948 Encyclopaedia Britannica. Can't post a link to it, they are real books. Generally accepted as authoritative on pretty much everything.

If you look up flouride or flourine it has a whole page on it. Tells you that it is one of the most toxic poisons KNOWN. Describes it as potent rat poison, and general pesticide. Does not say ONE WORD about it being good for your teeth, or for that matter being good in any way, other than killing rats.

I have a map from 1455 AD that shows the world is flat, it must be...

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
My county (San Diego, CA) began fluoridating its water supply in February of this year.
I do not drink tap water but do obviously have to use it in cooking, dishes, clothes, bathing, etc.

By May, I began losing very large clumps of hair when bathing. I have very very long hair that is well maintained and past by butt. It was very frightening and upsetting. I thought I was really sick or had some major issue, then I mentioned it to my mother and daughter who also live her in San Diego county and they reported the exact same problem starting at the same time.
I have done my best to supplement my body and avoid long showers. It seems to have slowed for the time.

I used regular toothpaste for years, until two of my molars cracked and I ended up with infections and TMJ. I got off fluoridated toothpaste and use natural stuff. No problems since then.

My cats began exhibiting urinary stone symptoms despite being on holisitic organic food. I have them on distilled water now and raw food.

I do not consider any of this a coincidence.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by bastet11
I do not consider any of this a coincidence.

Sorry, but I'm not buying it. Get checked out by doctor, and establish a causal link between whatever is causing your ailments and the symptoms themselves. For more information of the 'fluoridation is bad' hoax, the skeptic's dictionary.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptChaos

All of that is true, but not at the concentrations put in drinking water. It is roughly 1mg per liter of water, which is hardly any!

I can think of a chemical that can kill you if inhaled, or poison if ingested in sufficient quantities - water. Do you consider that "safe"?

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 03:59 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join