It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to prove to anyone that Water Fluoridation is Bad for us

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by TiM3LoRd
If these facts are true them you know it's not a conspiracy.
Fleuride makes you easier to manipulate and control.
It's been proven that it has no significant to improvement to teeth enamel or the prevention of cavities.
If those above facts are true then there is no reason to believe tptb are doing this for our benefit.

If they lIves us so much why not put vitamins in out drinking water too??

Does "fleuride" make you illiterate?

Vitamins are a different ball game. Not all are water soluble, not all are stable in aqueous solution. And of course, they do inject vitamins into many different foods you buy at the market. See: Enriched bread, cereal, etc.

I would recommend a balanced diet though, much more effective.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

uh oh a typo call-out on the internet, watch it captain hook.

sodium fluoride is a poison. it doesn't just weaken teeth but all bones in general, as well as inhibits frontal lobe development in infants and children, and will calcify the pineal gland. thread derailers: www.google.com. mottled teeth, aka, tooth fluorosis is tooth fluoridation (that would be weird ifyour dentist called it that though wouldn't it? might cause you to ask questions) is a result of exposure to sodium fluoride. stress on your weakened skeletal system repairing itself and your inhibited pineal gland and hormonal imbalance will make you a lot lazier than the average bear. sodium fluoride in toothpaste and drinking water is the same idea as alchohol and other chemicals in suntan lotion: if you're a complete fudging moron and don't know about these things, you'll think they are good for you, and you will constantly belittle your health with them thinking you are bettering yourself, trapping your body and wallet in a cycle of ignorance. i'm really suprised at all the newer members trying to derail that have somehow ended up at this website and never educated themselves on this subject and decide to try and derail it without reading about it. seriously.

www.prweb.com...

read the transcript of the 2006 ada meeting. pretty much agree fluoride is useless, but realize they can't shoot themselves in the profiteering foot, so they give everyone one year before its ok to start the program.

want healthy teeth (and bones) without toothpaste or fluoridated water? stop eating white flour and processed sugar. educate yourselves, get your head out of your asses and care about what you put in your body. you think doctors are trying to keep you healthy and cure ailments? welcome to conspiracy theory 101, the FDA.
jesus who are you people.

and a balanced diet is bogus. just eat foods that you need and keep you healthy, don't shake it up cause your tongue is bored. you taste food for like, two seconds, who cares what it tastes like or what wine it goes good with, there are much more lasting pleasures to be found in life. enriched anything is almost always devoid of nutrients if you do your homework.
edit on 23-5-2011 by shagreen heart because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by shagreen heart

You linked a press release, which quotes the ADA saying children under 1 years old don't need fluoride. The rest is a position that opposition groups are taking on fluoride.

i'm really suprised at all the newer members trying to derail that have somehow ended up at this website and never educated themselves on this subject and decide to try and derail it without reading about it. seriously.

There are a lot of opinions supporting the OP in this thread. More opinion and fear mongering than fact. Not sure how join date relates to anything though...

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

You linked a press release, which quotes the ADA saying children under 1 years old don't need fluoride. The rest is a position that opposition groups are taking on fluoride.

i'm really suprised at all the newer members trying to derail that have somehow ended up at this website and never educated themselves on this subject and decide to try and derail it without reading about it. seriously.

There are a lot of opinions supporting the OP in this thread. More opinion and fear mongering than fact. Not sure how join date relates to anything though...

i linked that, and also told you to read the transcript which outlines in a more general way why the ADA themselves stated that fluoride isn't helpful. don't appeal to authority either. think for yourself. i'm calling out the people calling this thread out because they have no vested interest to try and stomp on facts because they are emotionally compromised and not bringing anything to the table. were talking about sodium fluoride, remember, not just fluoride. i think you're all smart enough to make that distinction and continue the discussion. the join date thing is annoying because you have to repeat yourself to new members who are still full of themselves and can't or don't want to be objective because it doesn't sit well in their emotional threshold, and i assume its because you think that people who don't support sodium fluoride think they are better than people who don't, or whatever reason you have to believe the FDA and why people over 50 suffer from osteoperosis. i know you're smarter than your post and don't need to pretend that you don't understand where i'm coming from or why i typed what i typed.

it's just so dumb to open a promising thread, read it in full, see that its solid and offers much to ATSers, and then the rest of the first page is a bunch of ignorant derailment. and then a bunch of ignorant supporting stars.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by adeclerk

I hope to God that you're a troll and not so big an idiot that you think that just because a drug is mostly composed of carbon that carbon must be the active ingredient.

Of course, maybe the fluoride has gotten to you...

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
do not know about your part of the world, but my former part of the world has action groups to educate people on water medication

action group

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Hey. This kind of crap only effect's those who use paste to whiten their teeth. EVERYONE has gotten a max overdose even as a child, Don't you remember the fluoride treatment where the foam taste great?!, They don't apply this in dentistry after the age of 18 because it also effect's those with periodontal disease. If your gums are bleeding, that is when fluoride is dangerous. Btw you need to swallow about 100 tubes of 2oz toothpaste tabs to kill

no star no flag
edit on 23-5-2011 by SelfSustainedLoner because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
still not convinced?

large database of health issues

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SelfSustainedLoner
Hey. This kind of crap only effect's those who use paste to whiten their teeth. EVERYONE has gotten a max overdose even as a child, Don't you remember the fluoride treatment where the foam taste great?!, They don't apply this in dentistry after the age of 18 because it also effect's those with periodontal disease. If your gums are bleeding, that is when fluoride is dangerous. Btw you need to swallow about 100 tubes of 2oz toothpaste tabs to kill

no star no flag
edit on 23-5-2011 by SelfSustainedLoner because: (no reason given)

did you not get past just my tooth paste bit? That was really just off the top of my head. There's more, just look

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
timesofindia.indiatimes.com...

The Indians don't seem to think fluoride is helpful at all...

In fact they believed it was harmful even at 2mg/l.

Also, it seems part of the argument that fluoride is harmless stems from the fact that it is naturally present in groundwater in some areas.

There is nothing particularly natural about humans drinking groundwater. Our ability to do this is a result of technology. Old technology-- yes-- but still not an ability we were naturally endowed with.
edit on 23-5-2011 by Infrasilent because: Added Info

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
A little refresher.

Is your town in this list?

8 of the top 10 WORST CITIES FOR TEETH are fluoridated. The November 2010 issue of Men's Health magazine identified the following 10 cities for WORST TEETH:

1. St. Louis - Fluoridated since 1963
2. Philadelphia - Fluoridated since 1954
3. Newark (NJ) - Not fluoridated
4. Baltimore (MD) -Fluoridated
5. New Orleans (LA) - Fluoridated since 1974
6. Jackson, Mississippi - Fluoridated since 1969
7. Jersey City, New Jersey - Not fluoridated
8. Milwaukee (WI) - Fluoridated since 1953
9. Kansas City (MO) - Fluoridated since 1981
10. Dallas (TX) - Fluoridated since 1966

source

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   

The logic in this thread has been heavily flawed.

were talking about sodium fluoride, remember, not just fluoride. i think you're all smart enough to make that distinction and continue the discussion.

Here is the MSDS for both Sodium Fluoride and Nicotine. Can you tell which one is which without clicking on the link?

Oral rat LD50: 52 mg/kg

ORL-RAT LD50 50 mg kg-1

Now, of course they are not putting nicotine into our water, but my point is that there has been no distinction in this thread between safe and unsafe levels, and any 'evidence' that has surfaced is not evidence of much anything.

And back again we go to our favorite gas:

Symptoms of Exposure:

Breathing high concentrations (greater than 75 molar percent) causes symptoms of hyperoxia which includes cramps, nausea, dizziness, hypothermia, amblyopia, respiratory difficulties, bradycardia, fainting spells, and convulsions capable of leading to death.

That is of course, Oxygen. Unsafe stuff really...

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
There is no debate wether fluoride is bad. It is terrible.

It is incredibly unusual to see the support it get despite scientific research warning against it.

Here is an important ATS thread which discusses possible links to fluoride and NWO.

NWO or not it is something to stay away from, there is NO reason to have it, especially since it is in regular toothpaste. It is like it is being forced on us.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
So why isn't everyone dying at age 50 if fluoride...

-snip- Propaganda effects 80% of people(I get this statistic from Aldous Huxley, who learned that prior to fluoride being in the water Red), they don't need a drug to brainwash the masses....

...They ...

...You fluoride people make all CTs look so dumb. You need to take a step back and realize that. You're doing more harm than good. Read the quote in my signature and take it to heart....

Fluoride is just ....

Last things first. There is no such thing as fluoride in the real world , it only exists as an independent "ide" ( single entity ) in chemistry books or on paper. the closet think to fluoride in the wild as a solid is calcium fluoride, CaF2, known as flourite ( crystals)

Flourine ( as an atom) is above chlorine in the periodic table, making it an order of magnitude more reactive as a reducing agent, and is a HALIDE a binary compound which means it is never found alone, and when sodium fluoride gets in the body it likes to 'precipitate' with any calcium it can find ( to make fluorite )

Calcium is found lots of places in the body but few people realize that outside the bones calcium ( in solution where fluoride would like to find it ) is responsible for the initiation/initial power of muscular actions , and a very important component of nerve signal transfers ( less calcium less nerve impulse signal transfer )

ANY fluoride ions present in solution will inhibit to some concentration limited degree either motor skills, synaptic actions, or muscle strength ( athletes will feel this less as they can reach the oxygen cycle quicker) , period.

Also the human body is not a 'pure water' environment , and under the tongue is a direct line to the blood stream ( surface area and contact time are generally low , but direct access none the less ) , which has a base of what is called plasma: blood plasma is 93% water by volume and contains as it's main electrolytes: Na+/K+, Cl-/HCO3- , which are sodium , potassium , chloride , and bicarbonate ( hydrogen carbonate, an intermediate form in the deprotonation of carbonic acid (this bit is important as carbonic acid is the fizz in soda and your body likes to strip it of a hydrogen nucleus, freeing more hydrogen 'radicals' for HF production ))

now since fluoride is much more reactive but other wise very similar ( chemical bond wise ) to chloride, the fluorine will take the chlorine's job , which is : to move into red blood cells as a result of the transfer of carbon dioxide from tissues to the plasma, a process that serves to maintain blood pH.

now why is blood ph ( acid or base content) important ....oh yeah in the right environment those free 'protons' ( hydrogen stripped of it's electron ) will form hydrogen fluoride ( that will get transported into the cells (as components ) in the place of chloride)

HYDROGEN FLUORIDE: Hydrofluoric acid (HF) is a solution of hydrogen fluoride in water....the precursor to numerous pharmaceuticals such as fluoxetine (Prozac) and diverse materials such as polytetrafluoroethylene (Teflon).

Hydrofluoric acid is a highly corrosive acid, capable of dissolving many materials, especially oxides. Its ability to dissolve glass has been known since the 17th century... (polytetrafluoroethylene is slightly permeable to it).

Hydrogen fluoride gas is a severe poison that may immediately and permanently damage lungs and the corneas of the eyes. Water solutions (hydrofluoric acid) are a contact-poison with the potential for deep, initially painless burns, with later tissue death. By interfering with body calcium metabolism, the concentrated acid may also cause systemic toxicity and eventual cardiac arrest and fatality, after contact with as little as 160 cm2 (24.8 square inches) of skin.

Although I am sure you are implying that everyone understands all of that when you say fluoride.

....NOW the penultimate next:

You fluoride people make all CTs look so dumb

This is not judgmental,without validation, or extremely propagandistic at all , what does 'take a step back' , or your signature have to do with anything ? If you would like to prove your point please address the issues of the possible health effect of fluoride ( as the OP initiates) , or provide some sample of evidence ( or conjecture ) as to why everyone else is so dumb but you with only your only personal one man peer review testimonial are 'in the right'

TERTIARY but not forgot next :

WHO are these THEY of whom you speak? there is an assumption there that is , well unclear is the kindest way I can say it .

SECOND FROM THE TOP:

Propaganda effects 80% of people(I get this statistic from Aldous Huxley, who learned that prior to fluoride being in the water Red), they don't need a drug to brainwash the masses....

Huxley's (written) remarks to Orwell after reading 1984:

" Within the next generation I believe that the world's leaders will discover that infant conditioning and narco-hypnosis are more efficient, as instruments of government, than clubs and prisons, and that the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience.

So your own chosen authority on 'thought' emphatically believed that "narco-hypnosis" would be a key factor in bringing about " loving... servitude"

and as a slight aside using Huxley ( whom is rather interesting as he wanted lsd administered to him intravenously on his death bed ) as a statistician (statistics being the essence of discipline) is a bit out of his ken as he was a bit troubled when it came to that type of organization : " (Huxley) an incompetent and hopeless teacher who couldn’t keep discipline " which makes that quote exactly what you claim: propaganda

and number one :

So why isn't everyone dying at age 50 if fluoride...

Fluorine and it;s forms in the human body are poisons , but so are alcohol , and heroin , which incidentally ( barring physical accidents ) have two of the longest life spans for any addicted individual ... it is the same as, well, asking how come people aren't dying at fifty from alcohol or heroin poisoning?, but we still know a wet-head alcoholic , or burned out heroin junky from obvious physical and mental signatures of those two ( far less toxic per gram than fluorine compounds ) poisons ...are you challenging everyone to try an identify 'fluoride poisoning' physical and mental evidence as a proof of concept kind of study ...because that may be kind of fun , sad but fun

on last note 'fluoride' is a waste product from the production ( it's very name comes from 'flow' because it is good at getting metals pout of there more naturally occurring forms ) of aluminum and refrigerants ( hydro-fluorocarbons ) , and was being dumped directly into rivers where it was killing fish ...it was decided to find a use for it , and it actually leaches calcium from teeth , but it does help prevent tooth decay because it kills things ( like bacteria ) very well
edit on 23-5-2011 by Silverlok because: what huge , how could i NOT make mistakes??

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Whether you believe that fluoride in the water is safe for you or not, as that long list of countries reiterated, it is unethical to forcefully medicate a populace.

Just another example of the way our government tries to know what is best for you. It is not their place.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   

i am assuming you have never looked into this yourself. if you had you would not be writing such a silly comment.

PLEASE!!!! PEOPLE, DO SOME RESEARCH!!!!!

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by adeclerk
I feel like the whole 'flouride being really bad for you' conspiracy just another hoax/scaremongering tactic by Alex Jones, et al to sell books?

What, exactly, is the government's incentive to put fluoride in the water if it is really harmful? Wouldn't that be less people to pay the taxes that keep them afloat?

Did you not read in the original post where it states that this stuff is in RAT POISON? Indeed, it states right on the back of your toothpaste that if ingested to seek medical attention. See, you have to understand that these people arent interested in your money. Infact, they know more so than you or even I that the paper money is worthless because they purposely devalued it. No, these people want power. They want control. These 'globalists', as Alex likes to call them, arent our 'Governments'. These 'Governments' have been hijacked by offshore banks (Federal Reserve) and global corporate business. These 'ultra rich' or 'globalists' are interested only in turning this world into a police state or a 'prison planet'. Why? Because these people hate you. These people hate every living human being on this planet. They view us as scum, animals, monkeys and they see us as a virus that literally needs to be purged from this Earth so that they and their families can live a more 'comfortable' life. Thats a direct quote by the way.

This is why the vaccines that Mr. Gates pushes cause Autism. This is why theres Fluoride in your drinking water; Aspartame in your chewing gum and MSG in your Quarter Pounder. They are neurotoxins designed to lower iq, reduce fertility and in some cases literally kill you. This is why the Chinese 'one child policy' is as praised as it is in the corprate mainstream media and why the TSA is able to stick their hands down your pants and literally sexually assault anyone they want in the name of 'security'. The America, and world for that matter, of today resembles more of Nazi Germany than the pure and honest vision of Freedom stolen from these tyrants in 1776. As Alex would say, "The Police State Isnt Coming, Its here!".

"The world today has 6.8 billion people. That's heading up to about nine billion. Now if we do a really great job on new vaccines, health care, reproductive health services, we could lower that by perhaps 10 or 15 percent!" - Bill Gates

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   

oh you, you read all the work done you ignorant .ldfghuknfjk.zadfgfgsd.jkzsgdfhjgdfhjk

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills

I have one bit of anecdotal evidence to share...perhaps its not worth much being anecdotal, but I like sharing it none the less. My Grandmother (and I, having grown up in her house) lived drinking unfluoridated well water our whole lives....on top of that my Grandmother didn't use floride toothpaste...she brushed with Baking Soda. Well I can say that she never once had a cavity....UNTIL she went into a nursing home, her last two years of life, and they made her use fluoride toothpaste! LOL! ........Totally true story...think of it what you will. As for me....I never had a cavity till I was 21. Then they all started to rot and I had to have them all pulled within about 10 years! LMAO!!!!
AS A SIDE NOTE: My situation involved a combination of my blood pressure medication (which I started at age 21) drying out my mouth...and having scar tissue in my nose which caused me to breath through my mouth at night further drying it all out, causing it all to rot away really quickly. Interestingly enough I accidentally didn't get my blood pressure meds for a week strait and when I went to the doctor for an unrelated reason and my blood pressure was fine...I asked him if I could go off of my blood pressure meds, and he said "oh no...probably just a fluke" or words to that effect.....so I went off without telling him, and got checked by him for three months in a row....every time coming back OK. The last time I told him what I had done and asked him again if I could go off....that time he couldn't say no, seeing as how my BP had been fine for three months in a row! So I guess that means I probably didn't need to go on the stuff in the first place....and probably didn't need to lose my teeth. Eh, to be honest though.....I don't miss them. I'm kind of happy they're gone. I always had super sensitive teeth anyway....I was the type that always had to microwave ice cream. It's kind of nice not having to worry about them...even when they were healthy they would always hurt for some reason or another.
edit on 24-5-2011 by bhornbuckle75 because: Wow I had a bunch of spelling errors....I probably have a bunch more too. I guess I must be an extraordinarily stupid man.....Yes...extraordinarily stupid.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills

I read an article in a magazine such as wired or scientific american that correlated diminished brain cell reproduction with the introduction of fluoride into a system.

The test was done on rats i believe.
When i come across it i will be sure to reference it better.

That article is the exact reason I do my absolute best to Not put any fluoride in my system at all.
I think the only fluoride i do encounter would be with the odd glass of tap water or other things that may contain fluoride that is not posted.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join