It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

College Students Sign Phony Petition to Ban Conservatives from Radio

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
And of course they are asked first if they support freedom of speech. Then they sign a petition to ban conservatives from radio and tv.

I don't think they know what freedom of speech means.

Ridiculous. I bet you could do the same with republicans banning liberals from radio and tv while saying they support the constitution.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
This is the second or third time this guy has put one over on the 'so called' enlightened student Liberal! The last time he got them to sign a petition to ban 'Water'! They had no idea what the petition said other than it sounded 'Green'!
This makes me smile...lotz!
Zindo

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

idiots...yeah lets just ban everything we don't agree with.

i don't like basil, rosemary, or cilantro, i think we should ban those ingredients...

...I rarely agree with democrats. And I can't stand watching CNN for more then 5 seconds. But I'm not about to go ban their freedom of speech. In fact I would fight for them to be able to say what they want.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Liberal college students are some of the dumbest people to have a conversation with.. sooo ... not very surprising. They just believe what the Professor tells them to. Monkey see, monkey do.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZindoDoone
This is the second or third time this guy has put one over on the 'so called' enlightened student Liberal! The last time he got them to sign a petition to ban 'Water'! They had no idea what the petition said other than it sounded 'Green'!
This makes me smile...lotz!
Zindo

Lol! Is this the "dihydrogen monoxide" guy?

"It's a tasteless, odorless, colorless liquid, that kills more people per year than cancer. This petition is to ban it. Please sign here!"

"Duhhh...OK!"

Ah what fools these mortals be.

/TOA
edit on 22-5-2011 by The Old American because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Talk radio, which is dominated by conservatives, is a no-no on college campuses.

A few years ago, the local university banned talk radio from being played on the school transit buses because of complaints by one or two students who said the programs were racist because they attacked Obama.

Now, there was no official policy on the matter, but the drivers always listened to whatever they wanted. I respect that considering they have to sit their for hours and some of the buses had no air conditioners. After the complaint, they could only play music. However, if someone found the choice of music offensive, such as music with foul language or about songs that glorify bad behavior, well that is just too bad, anything offensive but politics.

institutions of higher learning my @$$.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

This is the second or third time this guy has put one over on the 'so called' enlightened student Liberal!

How did you know anyone's political affiliation? Is everyone that attends college a liberal? What does that say about the education status of conservatives? I just got done reading about how smart Sarah Palin is because of her college education and then I see people at colleges blanket labeled as liberals. I have to ask.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Some of the same people the Man Show got to sign on for ending womens suffrage I'm sure.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Students signing the petition, I'd expect, esp. at a liberal college. But there were several middle aged adults that signed also. Sad.

One student didn't even know what the First Amendment was.:shk:

How much would you wager they voted for Obama, if they even voted?

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Antiquated1

This is the second or third time this guy has put one over on the 'so called' enlightened student Liberal!

How did you know anyone's political affiliation? Is everyone that attends college a liberal? What does that say about the education status of conservatives? I just got done reading about how smart Sarah Palin is because of her college education and then I see people at colleges blanket labeled as liberals. I have to ask.

He's probably remembering that famous quote by Winston Churchill:

“If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at forty you have no brain.”

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
And of course they are asked first if they support freedom of speech. Then they sign a petition to ban conservatives from radio and tv.

I don't think they know what freedom of speech means.

Ridiculous. I bet you could do the same with republicans banning liberals from radio and tv while saying they support the constitution.

Yup, and you'd get the same reaction from 'em; "that sounds hilarious, I'll sign it for the lulz" - which is exactly what everyone in the video does.

Know what's really funny, though? If this were real, then the people signing the petition are engaging in their right to free speech. if the station the petition went to (presumably the college station?) heard the petition and agreed, they are engaging in their right to free speech. Know who's right to free speech would not be involved one way or another in this? Glen Beck's. He maintains his right to free speech, even if a station decides it no longer wishes to carry his show.

Some of these replies make me think a few posters think that the right to speak is the same as the right to be heard

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
This further confirms my belief that "we" as a whole, don't want and can not handle our freedoms.
We deserve to be slaves!!
And I am all for it.
People should get what they deserve.
If you are too stupid, lazy, incompetant,or apathetic to stand up for your rights and the rights of others then you can, WILL, and SHOULD get those rights confiscated from you!!!!, until such time as you are sufficiantly tired of living like a slave at which point you will have a Looooong road ahead of you to get back what you so carelessly gave away.

We deserve what's coming!
Never forget that!
We deserve what's coming!!!!!
edit on 22-5-2011 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
Some of these replies make me think a few posters think that the right to speak is the same as the right to be heard

Yeah, I have to say that this entire story seems to confuse freedom of speech with freedom to have a 3 hour AM radio show daily. There is no constitutional right to airtime that I can find and it seems like signing a petition is as much free speech as anything else. I would kind of like to know when this shift happened. When did people first start defending other people's right to have a show on tv or radio because of free speech issues. I know that when I turn my radio off, Michael Savage continues to be free to talk.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Students who support free speech want to ban an opposing viewpoint from speaking?

Hmm, they do not support true free speech then.

This petition is silly and a waste of time because, they cannot and will not alter free speech. If it is not fee speech for all then it is not free speech.

Yay for phony petitions....

edit on 22-5-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas
He's probably remembering that famous quote by Winston Churchill:

“If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at forty you have no brain.”

So we know that each of these people is a liberal because of a cute saying? Suddenly I feel like an idiot for asking for anything factual. I was only asking because I genuinely wanted to know. I went to college in a very red are. The thing I noticed most about college kids though was that most had not even voted for a president. Most had no real party affiliation, just ideas. Where I went to school, most of the ideas I heard were pretty red. I was not looking to disprove or prove anything. I just do not like watching videos on ATS and being expected to just take everything they claim or is written about them at face value.
edit on 22-5-2011 by Antiquated1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
Students who support free speech want to ban an opposing viewpoint from speaking?

Hmm, they do not support true free speech then.

This petition is silly and a waste of time because, they cannot and will not alter free speech. If it is not fee speech for all then it is not free speech.

The petition was not to ban anyone from speaking. I guess this is why I am curious about this because it does not seem like we are all watching the same video anyway.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Antiquated1

We are pretty sure they are liberal because they signed a petition to ban conservative radio?

You can group your self with the other moronic Liberals.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I would have to agree with a previous poster, the people signing the petition are NOT attempting to violate anyone's free speech. You don't have a right to have a radio show. I don't have a radio show... does that mean that my free speech is being attacked? No... because free speech and a radio show aren't the same thing.

If nobody listened to Glen Beck, the network would cancel the show. They would, in effect, be signing a petition to stop his radio show. So by your logic, failing to listen to Glen Beck is attacking his freedom of speech, because without people listening they'll cancel the show? Just ridiculous.

Beck can exercise his free speech all he wants, and people can try to stop his radio show all the want.

Just like a previous poster said, you are confusing a right to speech with a right to be heard. Nobody is guaranteed the right to be heard on the radio.

And this is someone who would consider himself more conservative than Liberal, I just don't fall for all this left-right bias BS.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
These fools/morons wouldn't know freedom if it bit them on the butt! The same myopic fools that voted for Obama, love the TSA and want to get more entitlements, are our future?

Time for the Hat of Doom! (trademarked by Disney right after SEAL Team 6)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   

edit on 23-5-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join