It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Intertwined realities

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I am going to propose something that might sound farfetched, or even impossible. Perhaps imaginable, and for that reason I will explain it. I want you to imagine that you have two selves, two separate identities, and each identity lives in its own version of reality. Now, each self is self-aware on its own terms, that is, the same body houses two independent consciousnesses, living two separate lives in two separate dimensions. Basically, when one self is in parallell reality A, the other self is in paralell reality B, and occasionally the two meet in a synchronistic reality that occurs at timed intervals when reality A and reality B intersect each other.

Imagine, that every person has this "split identity" and we are all interacting in a kind of game that involves our existence in two worlds.

At the core of the explanation, is an idea that can be offered a solution, however, if thought about deeply, could there be another "you" that you are not aware of? Could it be the missing piece in your reality? Could we be higher beings, in our own dimension, with our regular human selves in a separate reality?

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by SystemResistor

The movie the One (Jet Lee) touched on a fractal self idea.
The sub conscious conscious exploration is my favorite.
I also believe moments can become entrained with future events leading to the sending of information to the past.
Welcome to the rabit hole. How deep you go is up to you.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
What if nothing existed beyond our own sight? And as we walked in any certain direction we were actually projecting our own reality OUT so that our eyes could take it all IN. What if "reality" was only what is within our "sphere of sight" at this EXACT moment.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I dont get it, what would be the point of this existence, why 2 and why share the same body?

Im all for alternate realities, heck every possibility exists in some form.. so ive just undone myself with my own theory..

It could very well exist in some form as you have imagined it, bringing it into realisation and therefore adding it to the infinite list of oddness that is everything.. ever.

Sounds crowded.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   

If I think about this theory would I believe it...I am not sure. However if I go on what I feel and experience then I would say I have experienced many moments in my life when it felt like I was existing in more than one place. There is so much that is beyond our comprehension, so little we know about ourselves and so many impossible things that have been found to be true. Maybe we live in different places on different planes, maybe we inhabit different times, maybe one day we will find out.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Could this second identity be us in our dream state?

Than we become their dream reality.

Possibly that is how dopplegangers(sp) coincide.
edit on 23-5-2011 by itsallmaya because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shirak

I also believe moments can become entrained with future events leading to the sending of information to the past.

I have thought about that as well. I feel time is an illusion, so in fact everything that happens, happens simultaneously. This is a subject the mind simply can never fully understand, so it is impossible to expain this with words. Everything is intertwined, all realities and "time" included. Nothing is detached.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I have been thinking odd things like this because the mind starts trying to sort out how it would work but can't quite grasp it. Perhaps even if there was some congruent organization to it, it would never be completely constrained... or always open ended in possibility. Therefore you could never figure it out completely anyway because despite the parallels for whatever reason... there was no finality... or maybe there is...

All I know is this makes my brain feel like it's itching because I can't know completely so I have to re-ask the question, what would this need for this be? how did it happen? if two, why only two? to think that an infinite numbers of YOUS exist in fairness.... if two- why not an infinite amount?.... therefore unless one has some type of evidence to back this up it feels much safer to conclude that there is but one you.

Don't get me wrong, I think about this a lot... and why it would happen if it could most importantly, despite leaning towards the skeptical side. Perhaps there could be special circumstances that would cause this to happen... making it seem more possible than everyone having two selves... and why not an infinite number of selves. That would mean it would be more of an isolated case to fathom this without having to do work arounds of the absolutes, which is the problem of there being an infinite number of everybodies... which kinda hurts to imagine.

But even in an isolated case, why?..... What, when, where, how, WHY?

It makes me too desperate to come up with a working system to answer these questions.
I don't think my mind can just make something like that up to at least fit for the sake of theory.
That is where it leads to, with me.

SOOOOO.

Anybody come up with a working hypothetical model that could shape this into an event of reason?

I just want to hem in the lines, you know... before throwing out more loose ended "what-ifs"

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shirak

The movie the One (Jet Lee) touched on a fractal self idea.
The sub conscious conscious exploration is my favorite.

This has struck a deep chord with me and I believe that I have done this my entire life. When I was younger I took heed of those telepathically sent or entwined messages, and changed events and now I really think that I have done this again recently, I really am questioning if I should go on my planned vacation because certain pieces that weren't in place when the future moment entwined with my recent past now are in place for it to have been a real future happening. What should I do? I am hoping that I am wrong. I also think this may have to do with some deja vu's as well....
Thanks, now OP, I am worried that I will have to make a tough decision or maybe fake sick sometime in the very near future. :/

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Think about this.

All possibilities are endlessly playing themselves out in an infinite cycle of rebirth.
edit on 24-5-2011 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaosMagician

If we stick to physical perspectives, and at the least involving some kind of mechanics or structure, then what I am trying to explain is that we have separate "phases", and I believe that there is some kind of force or division on this planet that manifests our experience of reality into two distinct phases, each with its own reality. Perhaps, some of us might exist in phase A, and others in phase B. We live in the same reality, however, our experiences diverge due to a separation in the "time field" of this planet - I have a separate theory that the planet has been divided (i.e. tilted off its axis) due to some event that created a disruption to the structure of time, and the phases of time and perception on Earth. Thus, if a person is born on one side, their "other self" expresses itself as a separate persona on the "other side" and this occurs "vice versa" for individuals who are on the other side.

I could say that this is an elaborate attempt to explain perhaps a multiple personality disorder, however, I get the idea that we are in for some kind of "turn around" - where reality A becomes reality B and where reality B becomes reality A - having something to do with the planet (i.e. precession). The stage "in between" might be some kind of "twilight zone" where reality reorganises itself, where we experience a slice of what the Earth had previously been like when it was not divided.

In terms of multiple parallel selves, I would imagine, that if they were infinite, and we lived on essentially the same locale or plain of existence, then they would essentially be "potentialities" or extentions of our prime self, like multiple rays from the same point, and our linear experiences on Earth would be a manifestation of the "phase" that we exist within, as a projection of multiple possibilities into a specific linear timeline and perceptual "bandwidth" or "density". A narrower density or bandwidth, and we exist in a more stable reality, where there is a greater degree of permanance and congruency. In order to exist as two selves within such a domain, requires a kind of split that is universal, and that affects everyone in a symmetrical fashion.

However, I could be "wrong" but simply being able to follow me to this point indicates that your mind is able to grasp concepts generally outside of regular perception.
edit on 24-5-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
when you say born on the other side.... what do you mean specifically? the physical earth? a parallel dimension of earth? a different time line or some type of paradox? maybe I can latch onto a bigger idea with some idea of that detail.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   

In the most accurate sense, an alternate perception of reality, two selves that see two separate realities, and sharing synchronised experiences when the two realities intersect. Each reality sharing a common thread, diverging from the "mainstream" at various intervals, but essentially "remaining bound" to the general flow of time and reality.

For example, when you talk to someone who is in your reality, they appear "real", however, when you talk to someone in the other reality, they seem disconnected, because the "you" that they are talking to is saying something completley different to the "you" that you hear "yourself" as speaking.

In the most extreme case the "separation" of self being the precursor to a complete flip in reality.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by SystemResistor

In the most accurate sense, an alternate perception of reality, two selves that see two separate realities, and sharing synchronised experiences when the two realities intersect. Each reality sharing a common thread, diverging from the "mainstream" at various intervals, but essentially "remaining bound" to the general flow of time and reality.

For example, when you talk to someone who is in your reality, they appear "real", however, when you talk to someone in the other reality, they seem disconnected, because the "you" that they are talking to is saying something completley different to the "you" that you hear "yourself" as speaking.

In the most extreme case the "separation" of self being the precursor to a complete flip in reality.

ok... that confused me a little bit. I thought you were meaning two distinct selves, but you are actually speaking of perceptions of selves... or am I getting this wrong?

ok... let me start from the beginning.

how many bodies?
how many souls?
how many *overall* perceived realities are we talking about here?

when i say overall, I mean not just a perception that different people have but the whole reality of the world as we know it.... or should I say how many worlds? I thought you were talking about different realities, different worlds but you are talking about different angles of perception in the same reality, no?

maybe after answering these you could give a scenario. sometimes scenarios really help paint a picture for me.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Ok, one body, two selves. Each self exists in its own reality, there being two different versions of reality, two separate, parallel realities. As the realities intersect, synchronistic experiences occur to both "selves", generally, your "other half" is an alternate version of you living in an alternate timeline, where that alternate timeline is crossing over with the current timeline.

The difference in self being some kind of connection to the mind or to the perception, some kind of division in collective human perception. Given a different density, a different mind, we would have a different self, and a different chain of events would occur. This reality exits as a branch point from our current reality with our current mind set, and interphases with this timeline at various points. For example, self A is living a diifferent scenario in his or her life, with diifferent thoughts, and slightly different experiences, self B, the self that "you" perceive yourself as, exists with a different mind and a different conceptualisation of circumstances. For example, you might have a night out, and remember walking around, passing a few people, waiting for the bus and travelling home. Self B might have talked to those people, and those people in paralell dimension B would remember talking with self B, but self A would not realise it, and would see the self A of those people. You might remember walking home, but the other self might have caught a cab, but both selves share a synchronistic point when they arrive home at the exact same point in time, temporarily crossphasing into a shared reality, only to diverge at various points.
edit on 25-5-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I have believed in this since I began having dreams of another reality. You know those dreams where you wake up and think "That was so real!" And you feel like you've been gone for days? ...And then you usually end up forgetting it... Well, I think those could possibly be other dimensions. Maybe there are 2, maybe there are more, but I for one find it hard not to believe in it.

Also...

Originally posted by SystemResistor
Basically, when one self is in parallel reality A, the other self is in parallel reality B, and occasionally the two meet in a synchronistic reality that occurs at timed intervals when reality A and reality B intersect each other.

Upon reading that, I had kind of a revelation. What of the times when these realities intersect are what causes that feeling of dejavu? It would make sense... Wouldn't it?

And...

Originally posted by itsallmaya

Could this second identity be us in our dream state?

Like I said earlier, I do believe this is possible. It could even be that whenever we are awake in this reality, our parellel self is asleep, and vise versa... Some very interesting things to ponder...

There IS a theory which says [in part]

Suppose a die is thrown that contains 6 sides and that the result corresponds to a quantum mechanics observable. All 6 possible ways the die can fall correspond to 6 different universes.

So, in my mind, that basically states that when someone makes a decision - no matter how big or small - that a new reality will be born from the "what if I had chosen differently"... Interesting stuff...

And yes that was from a Wikipedia page, but only because I know how much everyone here loves Wikipedia

And one last thing... I wonder if anyone else has experienced "glitches" concerning this? Kind of like visions in stead of dreams... For example, you are walking through your house when all of a sudden everything around you looks completely different, only for a second. I wonder if that could have something to do with it. I know it probably sounds a little strange, but I might not have explained it right. If so, let me know. LOL...

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by KylieKerosene

I occasionally have dreams of it, as if, there is another side to this reality. The interesting thing to note, is that we could each be on different sides, and not realise that we are talking to people who are on the other side, who see a different projection of reality that we do.
edit on 25-5-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join