It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fingerprinting to go to university in Montana?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
What the hell?

Press here: More businesses, professions requiring fingerprints

One of the heaviest users of fingerprints are the 500 undergraduate and graduate education students at Montana State University Billings, who need background checks before they can step into a classroom, even as sophomores. The checks must be upgraded every second year and every five years for teaching certificates.

And there's many examples of fingerprinting of people in the article.

The society is really run by controlled freaks... and lots of people seem to like it. Disgusting.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
well I live in Billings and have gone to MSU-B but I'm not sure what the specifics of fingerprinting people at the college is for and never had it happen to me...as for the concealed permit it's understandable...fingerprint databases help catch criminals believe it or not so it's not a completely bad thing

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Background checks for students in MO? Seriously does billing have that many criminals(as poster mentioned above), to be that concerned. I'm sure there's some, as in all places and small cities hit by drugs, but doubt they would be trying to go into classroom lectures and such. People who have shot up schools, are often students, how is a background check going to stop that? "Oh you were in Iraq as a soldier, you might have PTSD and harm the school?" Sounds like testing grounds, to see if it can work in other Universities.

new topics

join