It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Philadelphia Police say they don't care about open carry laws

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Gee what a surprise this kind of things happen when they hire cops with IQs of 80-90...

After Altercation, Philadelphia Police Say They Won't Look the Other Way on Open-Carry Gun Owners

With a shocking altercation between Philadelphia police and a 25-year-old IT worker putting the spotlight back on open-carry gun laws, local authorities are warning gun owners that they will be "inconvenienced" if they carry unconcealed handguns in the city.

Lt. Raymond Evers, a spokesman for the city police, told FoxNews.com that gun owners who open carry, which is legal in the city, may be asked to lay on the ground until officers feel safe while they check permits.

So they don't care about the law or your rights, they'll just tell you to lay on the ground till they check your permit... and of course lots of cops are either paranoid or have itchy trigger fingers... and if the open carry people say no to laying on the ground or the cops ``see the guy make a move for his gun`` (which it totally wasn't) and shoots him, they'll never go to jail for murder.

Cop department, either hire intelligent cops or FOLLOW THE LAWS and LEAVE PEOPLE THE HELL ALONE.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Go to China Town at 3am and see how you feel about this then.

one line post, cause there's nothing else to say.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Yup, pick on the legal owners. Frighten them so they can't protect themselves and are fed up with carrying. All that while gang members with illegal stolen guns are shooting people.

edit on 22-5-2011 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

It's just kinda dumb to walk through Philly carrying a handgun in the open anyway. Let's hope you meet the police and not some Bad A$$ wannabe thug with a chip on his shoulder while your carrying...I think you'll find the police pleasant in comparison. Just saying...I have lived in Philly, and it's not the cops I'd be afraid of. Wrong part of town, white guy carrying a gun = bad news for said white guy.
Never mind the strung out junkies.
The paranoid schizophrenics with concealed rifles.
edit on 22-5-2011 by ldyserenity because: spelling& add

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Just how the hell are cops supposed to know your a citizen with a permit? If you look like a suburban white...then you must have a permit? I am not quite sure how they are supposed to know right off the bat.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by kerazeesicko

I agree. But .. do these pigs really need to force a law abiding citizen doing nothing wrong to lay on the ground? No .. all they have to do is a have a decent, civilized and POLITE conversation with said individual. And God forbid if we had Community Policing eventually police officers would recognize regular carriers.

Stupid police.. proving once again they cannot be trusted.

top topics

join