It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Joplin Missouri Hammered Hard by tornadoes!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

With the one vehicle accident report right after they discuss the woman who needs to get a tow truck... Maybe you are right... There does seem to be some similarities in this but not all. How can that be? Is it a mix?
edit on 23-5-2011 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

I don't know, but the part about a fight in progress on Highland street, needing to cut someone out of a vehicle, the "j4's" being stolen, and then trying to get the address on highland verified, that was all an exact repeat! Later on the crews showed up on highland, and there was no vehicle and there was no fight.

I stopped listening, but earlier, right after that stuff is when they reported the looting at the Flying J, did that happen again this time?

My flash player crashed, and I didn't restart it because I am going to bed, but now I am concerned about that live feed?

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   

There seems to be silence from them at this time. I see where you are coming from, perhaps a loop was the only way to keep people from panicing? Too much talk about body bags and such is just what they dont want or need and there were almost 10,000 listeners earlier tonight.

Anyway, I am greatful your family was saved, and tomorrow we will begin to understand more about what has happened.

Try and get some rest in the meantime. Thankyou for all the helpful/insightful posts.

See you in the morning.
edit on 23-5-2011 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

It must be live again, she just signed out that unit at 1:30. That is about as current as it gets. I don't know what happened earlier? There seems to be a lot of activity now for this time of the night? But I guess it is live again.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
I am at a loss for words. My heart is going out to all in Joplin tonight. I am so sorry

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Dito and to make sure I did refresh the page, am listening live again too I was thinking.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Here is a link to KOAM News out of Pittsburg Ks. There are some good videos if anyone is interested. I lived and loved around there for over 30 years, and I am still in shock. As I said, my family is okay, but I'm worried about some of my friends still. Anyway, I'm just devastated. I am getting ready to move back there. Wow. The videos will show the track through Joplin too. God Bless Everyone in my old stompin grounds!!!! The more pics and vids I see, I still am crying!! I was in the tornado in Neosho back in 75 and this is waaay worse!! I can't stop wellin up. Where the hospital is, was my main road to go south. All my family is back there. This is really upsetting me and I am a very strong person.
www.koamtv.com...

They keep finding more bodies, I may have to turn it off. I am very sad right now. 2200 miles away and can't do a damn thing about it. Excep pray for everyone.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Just for the record, we should probably be listening to Newton County also. Everything south of 32nd street is Newton County. There probably wouldn't be as much search and rescue stuff, but there would be more about the truck stops and I-44 situation. South of 32nd street there are a few nice neighborhoods, and a lot of Interstate things like restaurants, hotels, and gas stations. There is a very large Petro Truck stop on I-44 about 5 miles West of Joplin. The Petro, and the Flying J are probably 10 miles apart, and it sounds like the Flying J took a direct hit.

I'm going to bed, but you might want to flip over and listen to Newton County's scanner every now and then.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
From Joplin............Its bad...........Thanks for the phone call Getready............I was picking up my daughter from Baxter when you called.............We headed that way after a funnel came across Carl............Then it hit Joplin...........The pictures you see of St Johns hospital is where I ended up this evening.....helpling evac seniors from a living center ..........IIt was at least a half mile wide tornado...............there will be more deaths than the 24 being reported...........I just got home about an hour ago...........Getting ready for whats to come tomorrow.........My nurse who works for me is missing........(home health)....................Update later.........

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
In the video, it sounded like they got hit by 2 twisters; or entered one side and after a few moments exited the other side of one twister. Quick thinking in that video saved lives for sure.
edit on 23-5-2011 by Krzyzmo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Is it just from my comp or have they gone silent? Is there another link?

As upsetting as this is, it is good to find that all the people I know so far have been found alive and well, my sons best friends Aunt has just confirmed that she is ok, a tree fell on her home, but they are well.

Tomorrow will be filled with more information so I am going to try and lay down for a while, dont be surprised if I cant sleep and pop back in though...

Thankyou to everyone who has contributed and been reading along.

From Jasper Counties FB page here is some information to pass along to anyone who needs to find loved ones:

www.radioreference.com...

.Jeff Welborn11:27 pm
If you are looking for a loved one here is the RED CROSS link "Safe and Well". They are keeping a registry. Thoughts and prayers with you all! safeandwell.communityos.org...

Jeff Welborn11:20 pm
via,,,Joplin Tornado Info
REPOST: For those of you that are looking for loved ones, try these numbers. Joplin Memorial Hall 417-623-3254, McCauly School 417-624-9320 and Freeman Hospital 417-347-6656. These are all set up as Triage Centers and remember to try back if they do not have the name on the list, because the list changes

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

Glad you're OK!

Listening to the scanner, I think we heard them speak of another 50 or so bodies. I am thinking the death toll will be at least 100, and could be several hundred. There were speaking about a lot of missing people too. My brother was shuttling people to the shelters, and he stopped to ask a woman if she needed a ride, she was on her way to where WalMart used to be, her 9 year old daughter had gone up to the WalMart just before the storm. Another woman he stopped to help on the way back to Webb City was just sitting in a car crying and saying, "I know she's dead." He tried to comfort her, but it didn't seem to help much.

I think tomorrow is going to be a rough day when the majority of the town realizes they have no place to go to work on Monday morning! So many things are just gone. I hope the death toll stays low, because the physical and economical damage are going to be bad enough.

Keep us informed, stay safe, and good luck!!

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Hey Antar............Joplin did not survive..............Everything south of downtonwn gone to 32nd street..........Cell phone service still down .......its a hit or miss.........I had many employees working tonight in home with seniors......no contact from many...........I left the "mess" around 11:30 and went home.........they are dong search and rescues still all over............door to door......or what I should say is whats left for so many homes.............

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Thank you for checking in! Our thoughts and prayers have been with you since this first happened. You couldnt have been anywhere else more important than the Senior home imho. We have heard that there were 7 confirmed there, is that where you were?

Let us know tomorrow.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   

I wiggled my way to St Johns Hosptial where the senor living center is located............all the tenants there where okay but the building demolished....................everything around me was GONE for blocks...........The top story of St Johns was gone as well although they say only 4 had died.........???

The devistation is hard to describe...............Not a tree standing as far as I could see.....looking north from St Johns...........

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

This senior home was right east of the hospital...........everything around it was gone............it was damaged badly but all residents were okay.........but there were a couple other senior centers...........I drove by one that was completely gone....

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   

I'm sure my favorite Pizza Place in the whole world is gone. Pizza by Stout, the best pizza and cinnamon rolls in the country. It used to be in front of the Home Depot, so it is surely wiped out. I used to own a little SInclair Gas Station on the corner of 20th and Rangeline, right next to the Taco Hut, I think the station was already torn down, but I bet the Taco Hut is gone now too! Jim Bob's restaurant, IHOP, Red Hot and Blue, Golden Corral, the Honda Dealer, the Skating Rink, I mean the tornado really just went through the very heart of the town on a Sunday afternoon.

I can't think of a more direct hit at a worse time. This is really a worst-case scenario that nobody dreams will ever happen.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Everything from Maiden Lane 26th street to 20th to Rangeline is gone.......for the most part........

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Listening to the scanners, it sounded like the majority of search and rescue action was happening between 20th and 26th. 26th and Main was a hot spot, and everything east of there. 20th and Connecticut, 20th and Wisconsin they were digging a lot of people out of the rubble. I know that the Home Depot and WalMart and all of those restaurants had to be full of people.

edit on 23-5-2011 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   

I know personally of one death................We had golf ball size hall........then I watched a funnel cloud go over our house......then we headed to Baxter to get our daughter when we heard on the radio of what happened in Joplin..........

I have yet to hear from my nurse (employee) who lived right around 20th street................Lisa and I have a really bad feeling..........

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join