It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Joplin Missouri Hammered Hard by tornadoes!

page: 22
91
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I'm not sure what the problem is now it keeps taking out the scr part
I see it in my post but in the link its poof gone

so last time I try its getting odd

Need to copy past these lines as one


maps.google.com
/maps?ftr=crisisresponse.kmlpanel:
southern_us_tornadoes_4_2011
&cad=southern_us_tornadoes_4_2011


after kmlpanel: put src = no spaces
edit on 5/23/2011 by EvilBat because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/23/2011 by EvilBat because: stupid thing keeps taking out




posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove
Nahum 3:1

" The LORD is slow to anger, and great in power, and will not at all acquit the wicked: the LORD hath his way in the whirlwind and in the storm, and the clouds are the dust of his feet. "


Consider what path we take as a nation.

Deuteronomy 28 ahead




This is not just the 'Nation' that is affected- it is the whole earth. And if people had been more concerned about poisoning and destroying the earth as they are 'what we are as a Nation' blah blah blah.. this would not be as bad as what it is now - and not as bad as it will get:

Revelation 11:18
"And the nations were enraged, and Your wrath came, and the time came for the dead to be judged, and the time to reward Your bond-servants the prophets and the saints and those who fear Your name, the small and the great, and to destroy those who destroy the earth."

Despite this absolutely clear and final word from Revelation I have actually heard 'Christians' state that there is no such thing as Climate Change and that we didn't need to worry- that 'God promised He would not destroy the Earth again. ''

These are Christians who obviously didn't get past Genesis in their Bible studies. They only get one part of it right: God won't destroy the Earth - because he knows that We Humans just might do so ourselves. But if we do- He will destroy us.
edit on 23-5-2011 by Stratus9 because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
this is what it looks like when done right
some reason I can't post src = together as one thing
it keeps taking it out

so heres the pict


and you can zoom in on the map
just wanted to post that so people don't think I'm crazy



posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra
 


The one number that I do not see anywhere, which is always present with the dead number is Missing.
How many are reported missing? By now, there should be at least a starting count.
If no one is missing, whom are they still looking for.

Usually I would think that the Red Cross and the LEO's would have a count.
I mean, we seen video of within a minute or two of the aftermath. If you look at the amount of houses, there were not that many people coming out. And after all night and day they only found 7 ????



posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilBat
 


After you upload your photo, copy the ATS image link. Go back to your post, edit it, and instead of using the ATS image link, use image on the pot menu. Drop off the ats image link info and jsut copy the image url into the link portio n, and it will post it with the scroll bars.

If you need an example, go back to page 20 where I posted the area image, and quote me so you can see how I used the image info.
edit on 23-5-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   

the red line is the last reported path from the info i have.
the yellow lines pretty much indicate the area affected. ranging from completely destroyed structures to just broken windows missing roof shingles and debris in their yard.

the top yellow line is roughly 7th street and the bottom yellow line is 32nd st.
edit on 23-5-2011 by Mercenary2012 because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I am feeling so closed tonight, so tense and nervous. Something feels wrong and the wind is just bashing the trees in all directions. Gusts that are shaking my nerves and my home.

My family was once hit by a flood and for the longest time after that every time the rains came I had panic attacks.

Even though I was not in Joplin when this happened, there was a sensitivity prior to it, a dizzy off feeling like I am having right now.

So am I sensing something coming or is it a panic attack from overload on information and deep sadness from what the people in Joplin must be experiencing tonight?

The chair beneath me feels like it is shaking, is it me or a build up of excess energy?



posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by antar
 


Stay Safe!



posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra
 


my img is showing for me but was trying to get that map link working
thats why I cut it up and posted the image of the map as well so people can see
the map if they can't copy / past the address , and add scr =



posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by j2000
 


Its difficult to get a number on missing with the lack of workable communications. If people are trapped, they cant be "missing" until they are either found, or someone knows them and says they have not seen them. This thing is just about 30+ hours old, and they just started search and rescue this afternoon. Prior to that you couldnt get into affected areas because of debris.

Once they really get into these areas and make contact with people who know about their neighbors, we will see more numbers come out.

Until then, I would take any number released as advisory.
edit on 23-5-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
So earlier I heard that one officer was struck by lightning as he did search and rescue, then later in this thread, I heard that just minutes before 2 officers were struck by lightning as well. The timeframe was all wrong if they were the same, because of the timeing.

Does anyone know? Was it 1 officer or 3?



posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by j2000
reply to post by Xcathdra
 


The one number that I do not see anywhere, which is always present with the dead number is Missing.
How many are reported missing? By now, there should be at least a starting count.
If no one is missing, whom are they still looking for.

Usually I would think that the Red Cross and the LEO's would have a count.
I mean, we seen video of within a minute or two of the aftermath. If you look at the amount of houses, there were not that many people coming out. And after all night and day they only found 7 ????


Wow! I thought exactly the same thing when I scanned stories this morning and afternoon. It is as if they don't want anyone to know the number of missing- as it might add up to the number of dead. They did post the number of missing in the Alabama event and it added up - unfortunately- with the number of ultimate dead.

I honestly think they want this story to go away from the head of the news before the final total is tallied.



posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by j2000
 


you should see all the people looking for loved ones that are posting on local media facebook pages. there are probably thousands of people missing at this time.

you have to remember this storm cut the city in half. until this morning if you were on the north side of town you couldn't get to the south side of town and vis-versa if you were on the south side of town trying to go north.



Just heard on the local news the NWS has confirmed that it was an EF-4 tornado with stretches of EF-5 strength winds.



posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Mercenary2012
 


Here, check it against this.




posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by antar
 


1 officer and he is in critical condition



posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by j2000
 


the only thing i'm not sure of is when the tornado turned east then north east then back east then back southeast. I live in joplin and honestly that arieal footage its hard to tell what area's they are flying over unless you can pickout a landmark that use to be something. like St. Johns the High school, home depot walmart etc.



posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Mercenary2012
 


No, I understand, and I have been to Joplin at least 300 plus times in the past.

Even with that, by now, they would have at least put a number up I would think. I think, maybe you are right and they don't want to show how bad it really could be. That would make responders and family start loosing hope.



posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Here is the Google map with the spread. crisislanding.appspot.com...

It has the KML links (left sidebar) you can open in Google Earth. it also has the A27 event and satellite images of that damage. I already have that - but I appreciate this on Joplin. thanks.



posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mercenary2012
reply to post by j2000
 


the only thing i'm not sure of is when the tornado turned east then north east then back east then back southeast. I live in joplin and honestly that arieal footage its hard to tell what area's they are flying over unless you can pickout a landmark that use to be something. like St. Johns the High school, home depot walmart etc.


You can see all of that. It basically follows 20th west to east. The part that relects what you made is the turning pattern is a close match.



posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
I am feeling so closed tonight, so tense and nervous. Something feels wrong and the wind is just bashing the trees in all directions. Gusts that are shaking my nerves and my home.

My family was once hit by a flood and for the longest time after that every time the rains came I had panic attacks.

Even though I was not in Joplin when this happened, there was a sensitivity prior to it, a dizzy off feeling like I am having right now.

So am I sensing something coming or is it a panic attack from overload on information and deep sadness from what the people in Joplin must be experiencing tonight?

The chair beneath me feels like it is shaking, is it me or a build up of excess energy?


Ditto - ditto and ditto. In Capital letters. Like something is going to happen.




top topics



 
91
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

log in

join