It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Joplin Missouri Hammered Hard by tornadoes!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
This storm is right on my doorstep here in Indiana.
Clouds looks so dark and I am hoping tornados
will not develop. .

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Wow, the devestation is vast... this was one hell of a tornado system that ripped through the area.

Another youtube upload by the same user, the video quality isn't great but it shows you how bad it is around the hospital. Apparently these news guys were following the storm, so they arrived right after the tornadoes hit:

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

God, I HOPE you will "be back later" I am sending 'white light' to you for whatever thats worth.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Live in Joplin

Live video of the youtube posted clips.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Well it was a minute ago. It went down for some reason.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
They're back up now.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I have all my family there! I found out it was just down the road from them. I am in Oregon, crying, I use to live there. They are all okay, except my nieces old mans Moms house is gone. It started East of Galena started touching down on 22nd and Blackcat road went all the way from there to 20th and Maiden Lane, don't even reconize anything now, St. Johns is a mess, that how I recognized where it had hit, went through Joplin, destroyed Walgreens and Home Depot and sure all the areas before that. Hit a little town called Duenweg, before that hit mile marker 10-12 on I-44 flipped 20 semis and cars. That's all I have now. Watchin the weather channel and have the online scanner on. Here it is if ya want to listen. It is a mess people, just a mess!!! My niece keeps texting me, she is driving around crying too!! Here is the link. Check it out.
www.radioreference.com...

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Joplin Wal-Mart destroyed, prayers and thoughts to the whole community.

twitpic.com...

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by stardust1955

I am going to open a new page and listen, I am so sorry for your pain, I feel so helpless and want to rush down to help.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

I want to be there too. Found out some of my friends were in the path too!! Wow, just Wow. I'm in shock. A friend in Pennsyvania has family too there and she just called her daughter and she was in church when it hit, and now her step-daughter is missing, she just went accross the street for a minute. Wish I was there, I would help!!

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Thanks antar for this thread! I'm a little in shock right now.

A member of ATS Cloudsinthesky, my very dear friend and partner at testtherain.com, lives in Joplin! Please pray for him and his families safety, as there has been no word.

Thank you,
Pax

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

Right you are, I know that with Gods blessings they will check in here and will have been spared the carnage of this horrific storm. Could you try to give them a call? I had their # at one point but not sure where it is...

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

OH CD, I am so worried, was just checking back in with my Grandpa and told him that I am concerned about our neighbors to the east, please check back in assap and let us know whats happening in your neck of the woods.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Yes, antar i am calling now.

Pax

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Please send my love to him and his family, I am waiting to hear some good news. Please let me know, he is such a special and loving man.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Well, I have been trying to post here, been waiting 10 minutes. I have AT&T internet, and it is very bad. Super slow and viruses. My previous ATS post window froze so I had to make this new window which works so far.
My Weather Channel said that a Tornado was seen by spotters heading for Illinois' '80' at 'mile markers 1 and 6', but that was around 9ish. Thanks to AT&T internet, I just now get to post it.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by simone50m

It is going to be a long night I fear. They need help in Joplin, nurses DR.s EMTs, triages need to be constructed asap. I am thinking of ways to help and will after this settles down and all the casualties are found.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Any word yet? I have met Clouds, he came to my home and bought his organic veggies this spring. You could not meet a better person.

*This storm just keeps spinning off! Just heard it now developing new tornadoes down near West Plains.*

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
At least 24 confirmed dead so far. So sad. I hope people in the path of this monster are taking refuge.

JOPLIN, Missouri -- A tornado ravaged parts of Joplin Sunday, killing at least 24 people as the powerful storm took out hundreds of homes and businesses.

www.newson6.com...

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Below is a Jasper County Law Enforcement Agencies Live Audio Feed for anyone interested.
It sounds like they are doing the best they can at the moment to get the situation under control.

www.radioreference.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join