It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Joplin Missouri Hammered Hard by tornadoes!

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Definitely a news video here to watch to get a good summation of what people there have been through:

Joplin, Mo., Tornado: Absolute Devastation

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong
Does anyone know why the weather channel was already there? Did they know this could happen or something? Thanks

The Weather Channel met was actually chasing the tornado that hit Joplin. Unfortunately he was not ahead on the dryline and what they saw was rain-wrapped. They pulled into the western side of Joplin about 5 min behind the tornado.

And - If I were anywhere between Alton to St. Louis to Fredricktown- north to south- I would take cover. At the least you are going to get hammered with major storm activity.

And there is a 'right turning' mesoscale storm running right over Fayetteville right now. No warnings out though.
edit on 23-5-2011 by Stratus9 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

No sound in this last video. I don't know why, but it isn't necessary.

edit on 23-5-2011 by Mactire because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I was watching the Basehunters vid this morning. The Joplin tornado went from touchdown to full wedge in under 30 seconds. I have never seen one form that fast - in r/l or on video.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
IMO the Media Coverafe sucked ..I live in WI and had the TV on ..NO cable ..ABC channel 12 its the weekend and everyone is gone .. so here I was online in ATS chat thank goodness there was another persin close by me and he was also in the line of this tornado storm system ..

I was flipping through weather channels no fridgin live streams anywhere just twitter and a few vids after the fact ..

Im sooooooooooooooooo ticked right ow about all this .,, it really makes me wonder if even they have a good warninng system at all ..

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
first time poster, long time lurker. i live right by the hospital barricades.
this is the most heartbreaking thing that i've ever witnessed. i don't know how many broken and wounded people i've seen in the past 12 hours. everything.. i mean every.thing. is gone.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

Hey Clouds, glad you were able to give an update. So sorry no word from your staff yet. Keep praying and stay strong. We are pulling for everyone there.

Horrible to hear about the dad and his son! My prayers are with the family.

Pax

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
sorry if this has been posted

Amazing double rainbow Seen over Spingfield MO just after a deadly tornado Rips through Joplin.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SSPI07

The scanner feed for Jasper County Law Enforcement is online again. It was knocked offline for a few hours due to a power outage. Since it is provided by a local resident, you might expect another outage or two since it is a disaster area and there is fluctuating power.

Jasper County Scanner Feeds

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

That is the angelic escallator for all Joplin's departed souls, to enter heaven and join their waiting and missed family members of previous years.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by TheUniverse

They are saying 75% is gone?

How do you recover from this?
I have lived in tornado alley all my life this one is heart wrenching.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
After watching some of the videos newly posted, I am stunned!! That is an F5 I am almost positive. The bark is literally stripped from the trees! Solid concrete buildings destroyed! I cannot imagine looking out the window and seeing a tornado of this magnitude! Only in my nightmares!

Pax

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by NorthStargal52

I think that they do. I have heard that if it were not for the warning systems, more people would have died. I believe that they had a full twenty minuets before the tornado hit. I'm not sure how much more warning we (meteorologists/storm chasers, etc.) can give us. Isn't it usually only just mere moments before a warning is issued?

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Sundowner

YouTube: Dutchsince

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stratus9
I was watching the Basehunters vid this morning. The Joplin tornado went from touchdown to full wedge in under 30 seconds. I have never seen one form that fast - in r/l or on video.

I agree...

And just like the Alabama tornados, many keep describing it as it the towns were bombed...

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Stormdancer, I saw your double rainbow vid earlier today elsewhere....and that is what I am wondering about....is that HARRP or Scalar or what, do you think? ANYONE????

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Luckyxfactor

I went and tried to check them out but it would seem there are only two videos of his on his channel? Can you fill me in as to what I'm supposed to be looking for? Thanks!

EDIT:
Adepto Perfectus = dutchsinse

Is this the channel you were pointing me to? It was spelled slightly different than what you suggested.
edit on 23-5-2011 by Sundowner because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
For anyone wondering- "Do we have more tornadoes now than we used to?"

Here is your answer: Tornado Graph by Year

And here is the 'why', in brief- from a morning of april 27th (Tuscaloosa) warning post about incoming storms:

About the stronger storms. This is something that has been theorized for a while now - and something I have believed would happen as well. It's 3rd grade science at it's root. The main problem is that the pacific waters are warmer- which moves the Jet Stream into a new track -higher latitudes in the northwest and then this odd dipping loop into the center of the country. This is pulling down colder air than normal from the upper atmosphere. At the same time the Gulf area is warmer and the Jet Stream is creating low pressure systems which act like a 'vacuum' - sucking the warmer very moist Gulf air into collision course with the cold air over a large area. Basically it is a result of warmer ocean waters overall. But this pattern is now in place - possibly for the rest of the season.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
First of all, my heart goes out to all the people in southern Mo. right now. I used to live in the Ozarks back in the early '80's and I still remember some of the hellacious storms that take place down there.

Anyway, I was reading some posts this morning about the rumbling sounds out on the east coast, most recently in New York, and seeing a video of a "cloud making machine" that NASA has on the Mississippi delta. I was just wondering if there could possibly be some correlation between that and the F-5 in Alabama, and what is more than likely the F-5 in Joplin.

Any thoughts on this?

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Luckyxfactor

As a meteorologist I have to say the Dutchsince 'warning' video was ripped right off of the NOAA mesoscale chat from well before the storms hit. Chasers were already packing gear when he made this 'warning' video because the storm threat was well developed and already plotted. Please don't let this guy bull# you any more. He follows weather/chaser forums- probably the same ones I am on.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join