It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Joplin Missouri Hammered Hard by tornadoes!

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

DaddyBare.....is that Ft. Scott area, or more over in to Kansas like Cherryvale? I used to spend a lot of time in my Cintas truck up in the hunting preserves around Ft. Scott. Beautiful country there.

I mentioned earlier how that entire area lives everyday in kind of survival mode, and your ATS posts are a great testament to that. The whole thing is so sad and disheartening, but I can't think of any area more equipped to deal with it than this one. What do you think?

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

The scanner feed just went offline about five minutes ago. All of the feeds on RadioReference are provided by individuals who live in the area. I am a feed provider for the area where I live. Generally there are four things that could contribute to a feed being offline...the loss of power, loss internet connection, computer reboot, or the feed provider manually stopped the feed. Hopefully they'll get it online again soon!

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Here is a FB lost and found just incase anyone is interested:

Tim Ballisty weather.com: Hi everyone - we have created a "Lost and Found" live chat page. We've opened this chat as a way for people to reach out to one another in the wake of the tornado in Joplin, MO last night. You can post about items you may have found, or those you are looking for.
You can find it here: wxch.nl...

www.weather.com...

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Here is a site with some good video and audio links, but their scanner feed is also down.
Site

I am at work today, so I can't check out all the links, but here is a thread with a bunch of suggested links for scanners.
Link

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Not quite that far north... I'm south of Erie just off the road that takes you out to Saint Paul... same road goes stright to Joplin
to give you some idea Here's a link to a map
it's close enough to my mini farm to give some idea how close we are to Joplin

Edit to add to getreadyalready
Country folk can get past anything... but Joplin is a city, those were city folks... if you know what I'm saying
edit on 23-5-2011 by DaddyBare because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Glad to hear you guys made it okay!!

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
From one of the local stations KOAM TV

89 confirmed dead; thousands still without power (8:00am)
Updated: May 23, 2011 9:10 AM CDT
City of Joplin says 89 confirmed dead after a tornado made a six mile trek, a half-mile wide through the city. Officials say clean-up efforts are underway but the primary focus at this time is on search and rescue.

Several of those local stations are off the air, most of the city is without power... that twister ran right threw downtown... last night they said F4 or 5....

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Yes, you dodged the bullet yesterday, just keep alert because of the multipal types of storms coming in today and throughout the next few days. I know you do not need me to tell you that, but just saying... I am near the Bolivar area 45 miles N. of Springfield... We are also in the path of this next round.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Just to add... when we did watch the radar of the twister going threw Joplin...
the debris ball... covered the entire city

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Well i'm over in Parsons KS now... where my office is... just seeing the tail end of another big cell move through...
If I were to make a guess you should see it at your place pretty soon... if it holds together?

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   

You know........one of our other survival experts, TheRedneck, took almost a direct blow from the outbreak in Alabama. Now you have put up some very interesting threads lately, and you caught a glancing blow! CloudsintheSky was all over the Gulf Oil Spill, and he caught this glancing blow as well?????

Just kidding of course..... I think......surely not?

No, no, no, I do not believe HAARP can do everything from Northern Lights, to EQ, to Tornadoes, but it does show how closely and personally the events in the news affect our members here on ATS! This is a very knowledgeable and close knit community, and even with all of our speculation and preparation, we are not immune to these things!

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Well we do live in tornado ally... most of them are hardly bigger than a dust devil... but once and a while... reason enough to adopt the boyscout motto and stay prepared... a tin foil hat doesn't hurt either

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Nah, Texas and Ok. are the Bowling ball, we are the pins...

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Funny you should say that, it is something we are all thinking, but with respect to the damaged area, we just stay focused on what we have to see as reality and not vere from that perspective, but yeah, I know what you mean.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I just talked to my cousin in joplin. There is a donation drop off point at MSSU at Billingsly Hall. There's a rec center attached. Food, water, clothing, anything...thought I'd pass it on.
edit on 23-5-2011 by the owlbear because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
RE: this new cell moving threw right now...
My boss is over in Pittsburg KS that's just a few miles away from Joplin,on the Kansas side...
she's got flooding over at her place so you know it's flooding in Joplin right now..
Map to show you were Pittsburg is in relation

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Yes thats what we have going on here in our neck of the woods. Still some scary weather right now as the storms roll in.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

I,hope everyone okay,I,see another storm on you all now. Be careful! We are praying for all of you.America has been hit hard this spring so far.Worried about hurricane season ahead of us.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Here's the latest radar map... so far it's staying south of you... but Joplin is right in the middle of it... again
Link to skywatch radar

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Just giving an update...........It’s a major search and rescue this AM...............A friend of the family son was driving back from graduation with his father........His dad was on the phone with his wife when they ran into the tornado......their hummer was tossed hundreds of yards……….the father is in surgery..........the son is missing........

There are countless stories like this.....................I have two employees that are not accounted for yet.......

edit on 23-5-2011 by Cloudsinthesky because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join