It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Joplin Missouri Hammered Hard by tornadoes!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Its headed our way now, the town of Joplin Missouri has been hit hard by tornadoes just minutes ago, debris falling from the sky over 30 miles away!

Super Cells headed our way and all I can say is stay safe all of my friends and take shelter now if you are in the path.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Right now it is the Mount Vernon area as it continues on a west north west direction. This storm is rain wrapped so you will not be able to see the tornadoes. Hwy 97 Pierce city, damages as well. Tornadoes headed toward Hobart and Verona now.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Take care and be safe. Looks like another rough night for those of us in the midwest.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Mount Vernon getting an inch or more of hail right now, this storm is headed east at about 35 mph. Large damaging hail is associated with this storm.

Lawrence and Vernon counties are now under the gun, take shelter as this storm is very serious, building debris in Republic now, tornadoes have carried it possibly from Joplin!

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
As the thunder roars outside , the hair is standing up on my head with electric energy, I keep getting chills and the animals are acting crazy.

I am going to get some cell phone footage, I will be back.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Stay safe

Prayers for those in the way of the storm.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Just 45 minutes ago the storms ripped through Joplin and the debris is now an hour away in western green county!

Are there more areas that have been hit? The weather authorities are not updating any info for the new warnings, I have never seen that happen before.

No new warnings issued but even the meteorologists say we will have to act as if there ARE tornadoes on the ground, that they are not receiving new warnings from the weather authorities.

The storm spotters are seeing them, over Aurora, so STOP, take shelter!

Sirens are not going off, but it is time to take shelter.

Marionville, take shelter!

DONT wait ! Wall clouds are being spotted between Marionville and Aurora.

Debris still falling in Republic area and east.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Yup, I'm sitting here with The Weather Channel on. A reporter is on the ground in Joplin. Looked like a nuclear bomb went off there. Devastation everywhere. He said he saw bodies strewn about. He looks in shock. Minneapolis Minnesota, 22 injured so far, a couple or so, dead (so far). I got hammered by icecube sized hail, a little while ago. I thought it was about to bust through my apartment windows. The weather is rumbling LOUD outside now. Getting eerie again, out.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I could just cry, this is so serious and no new warnings have been issued!!! People are suffering, people are not being warned.

This storm has whipped to the south, it was headed more towards Green county and has changed direction and is headed more south than north, this storm keeps cycling and gaining strength and growing.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I never like to say exactly where I reside, but I'm somewhere Out There by Iowa.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by simone50m

OMG!!! We are NOT getting that info here locally on our news, I am on 33news, and they are freaked out but just trying to keep up on where its going not about what it has left in its wake.

I KNEW when debris was hitting Republic in Springfield it was serious!

AHHHHH the hospital in Joplin took a direct hit!

edit on 22-5-2011 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Everyone who lives in the whole entire MidWest region of the United States, you should keep The Weather Channel on. Right now, I got rain comming down, "Just as in the days of Noah...."

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

I dont have satellite tv, just local

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Medical paperwork now being found from Saint Johns medical center in Joplin, in Springfield. All the way up to Willard in Green county! Paperwork from the hospital!!! This is scary, this is massive...

I am so sorry. We have family of ATS members in the Joplin area, God Bless them and keep them safe.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
The reporter is saying the Joplin Hospital is being evacuated, that fire in back is still raging on. Man, I got some bodasciously ominous clouds over me, right now.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
The Weather Channel is really ticking me off. ALL THEY ARE DOING is running these stinking endless COMMERCIALS. When there is so much important live breaking weather news, their reaction is to do nothing but stay in commercial mode. Oh, they'l break in to Joplin FOR ONE SECOND, then it's back to about 10 minutes of commercials. Weather Channel, YOU SUCK. You stupid stupid putzes, I hate you.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Youtube video of Joplin hospital area as we speak:

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   

I agree.

Too many commercials not to mention that other places are depending on the weather channel for where the storm is headed.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by CranialSponge

Thank you thankyou for the video. This is just so scary, the weather is on us now, so I am going to sign off. Trees are blowing in circles, lightning and thunder rolls like a train going down the track. The sky is greenish yellow and I am dizzy.

Be back later. Have to get off for now.

God Bless and I am so sorry for all of those who were hit by this terrible storm.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Praying for you all!

Hoping to hear from you again shortly. I hope you have a safe place to go!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join