It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bedouins and Skyscrapers - Time for real prophecies

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shalnark
reply to post by Shadowalker

It doesn't make sense that god in his holy scriptures would say that only he knows the last hour and then just changes it, that doesn't resonate when he knows the past, future and the present .
edit on 23-5-2011 by Shalnark because: (no reason given)

Makes perfect sense God told Abraham to kill his son, then changed his mind and it was obvious he was being tested. All through the book he tests people in different ways.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

reply to post by Shadowalker

It doesn't make sense that god in his holy scriptures would say that only he knows the last hour and then just changes it, that doesn't resonate when he knows the past, future and the present .
edit on 23-5-2011 by Shalnark because: (no reason given)

Makes perfect sense God told Abraham to kill his son, then changed his mind and it was obvious he was being tested. All through the book he tests people in different ways.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
This is by far one of the best threads on here I am still new and have not been able to go through a quarter of the things on here but you Have given allot to think about and it is food for the brain makes me want to read even more about things of the such then I already if that is possible there are so much that the bible has said will happen that has and is just like you said. Also just my thoughts here but I think the ones that God finds worthy will be taken off Earth before it does implode on itself and move us to a different planet where we will have to start all over again. I think this is what happen to begin with that we came from one or many planets. Little off topic there sorry

@PrinceDreamer Yes you are right the books were written by man but they were to be taken from which the words were given onto man to help to spread the words about the truth and to try to save man kind. Although I do have to agree with you on the "Tell me if god is omnipotent, perfect in every way, why does he need such worship? Why is his ego so big and why is he so spiteful? The truth is he is not, but without hate and fear you can't control people."

After I have read the bible over and over I have my own thoughts that even the pure of hearts are going to hell after a 1000 years of being with the Great God Himself and when those are with him they will be as slaves to him and not be in glory. Even the purest of heart will be suffer and be tormented.

Me and my husband both has said the same thing about the worshiping thingy and so on. I always wondered why he always needed sacrifices made to him and blood I have said that he seemed to have been blood thirsty just my thoughts and yes I am religious but I question every thing and always wanting to know more and more. I would think that it is those like me that questions things are more like GOD then he meant for us to be. Hell I have not a clue if I am even making any logical sense here

@Shadowalker why would you even think that God was telling any one to tell us false things when we are warned not to listen to these prophets? Just asking that is all. God knew that when this was said that STUPID PEOPLE would go and kill themselves and so on I mean I even heard that people were putting their pets to sleep to keep them from having to face the rapture which is so stupid it seems to me that farther in technology the stupider we get in common sense and we get lead around like a bunch of sheep and believe every thing we hear this only for the most part of people out there.

You sHuRuLuNi have brought up many things that are good and if people would realize that this is true stuff that is happen right in front of us and we are not much longer for this Earth they realize things and start shaping up. I understand those who do not believe to a point we will all have our judgment day sooner then we think but not as soon as what is being said.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

reply to post by Zamini

About your statement that Islam has been spread by the sword and force,

Indonesia which has the largest muslim population in the world is muslim , .

this statement is not entirely true. Yes islam came with trade the first time to indonesia, but the spread throughout this large archipelago was very complicated and oftentimes resulted in wars between the various ancient hindu and muslim kingdoms of Indonesia
edit on 23-5-2011 by nagabonar because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
People make 'Prophecies' and predictions all the time. There must be hundreds of thousands over the years so some are bound to be truejust by chance, also many are very broad so can mean many things.

Anyone who says take this verse then times it by this number and add it to this gets judgement days date is a moron though. Honeslty why cant people face that the bible was written by humans and not God! I hate how arrogent these people are to assume that a rapture would come specifically as a pagth for humans and animals for example are just unfortunate to get in the way. These people think that God is obsessed with humans only and doesnt care about other creatures who cant praise him due their poorer intellect.

Dont take Prophecies, espeically from poeple who formulate them in such a retarded way as that guy did.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Shalnark

About your statement that Islam has been spread by the sword and force,

Indonesia which has the largest muslim population in the world is muslim , ethiopia, sodan, egypt .

And you conveniently left out Persia because you know Persia was taken by Arabs by force and Islam was forced upon the people.

See, not so hard to admit is it? So your whole entire charade of "never spread by sword" "never spread by force" goes up into flames. So when I as a person know this bit of history, and a so called "Muslim" is telling me how peaceful Islam is...should I call them a liar outright? Hmm, I guess I should.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by confreak

Would that be this shoe?

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
One single word can make a huge difference. Words have more power than any sword, gun, or missile. Wars all start with words. So semantics, I can see how that can be important in this case. If your goal was to inform people of these "prophecies" then the source from where you took it from must be reliable, those who have translated it must be reliable and the original source must be reliable as well.

It's like playing telephone, you start with house and you end up with skyscraper, or worst. Also, these people that have translated these texts, just as in all other religions, were biased and therefor no religious source can be truly reliable. Why do you think there are so many religions based on the same texts? It's all about interpretation.

There isn't always a matching word for each languages, I know since I know quite a few and am perfectly bi-lingual in French and English. When that happens, you have to be careful of the word you're going to use. You might be thinking, it's just a word, but it's more than that, there are many words... entire texts can easily be taken out of context; it all depends on who's reading it and his interpretation of it.

I don't trust people, I know I shouldn't... therefor I don't trust any of these writings. I'll keep an open mind but that's about it. If it's going to happen and God or these prophets knew how it was going to unfold then that just proves that we have no free will, therefor all of this is trivial since there's nothing we can do about it anyways.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Cocasinpry

Seriously, you can try and dwell on that translation as much as you like, but you will always end up with those bedouins.

What some people do not seem to understand is that it doesn't matter if he said bedouins, or "those guys who wear yellow showls" or whatever - what matters is that he was generally speaking about those people in the Hijaz (central/southern Arabia) who at that time had only tents. So, what he meant is, that no matter how "unbelievable" it sounds - those people will compete in building tall buildings before the Hour - so that will be a Sign of the hour.

It might sound perfectly fine to you - but try to put yourself in the shoes of a person in the 7th century in Arabia listening to this prophecy ...

The fact is that it happened exactly like he said.

You can argue how with progress it is to be expected that people will build cities and civilizations - but he specified that they will be COMPETING in building TALL BUILDINGS. He did not say "pools" or GArdens, but "tall buildings"

And today, there are two main FAMILIES in Dubai who are competing with each other who will build the tallest skyscraper (Emaar Properties and the Company owned by the emirate’s ruler, Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid al-Maktoum). Emaar has built the Burj Khalifa at 828m, and the other company has announced it will build a 1.2km respectively a 2.4km tall building.

As far as your saying. " If it's going to happen and God or these prophets knew how it was going to unfold then that just proves that we have no free will", without wanting to derail this further, let me only emphasize this:

In Islam we believe that God DOES NOT enter his Creation - he is outside Space-time continuum - thus outside the universe. The Laws of the universe therefore do not apply to him.
An observer who is OUTSIDE space-time continuum could AT THE SAME TIME see the past, the present and the future, since he is not bound by them.
This does not mean that just because he can SEE what you are going to do, he is forcing you to do that. Whatever outcome your decisions take, THAT is what he is going to see.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by confreak
reply to post by sHuRuLuNi

Have you heard of the talking shoe prophecy? Yeah, NIKE just made one last year, or was it the previous year to that? Don't know, but my sister has one.

Great article.

Yes, though some here might laugh, but there is a hadith like that, it is in the Musnad Imam Ahmad Collection:

"A Man's whip, Thigh & Shoe will talk to him" (Ahmad)

Now, this is like the hadith in the collection of Bukhari. The "thigh" and "whip" talking to the man was already recognized when pagers and mobile phones were made - many people wear them on the "whip".
What seemed so far fetched though was that "the shoe will talk to him". One could ask "why would the shoe talk to someone" ... Well, it really happened that NIKE indeed made those shoes (they had a slogan "These shoes are made for talking
- here is the New York Times link on that news.
It's a sport shoe that can tell you the distance you have walked in a digitized voice.

Just like the bigots in the 7th century Arabia were laughing at Muhammed about this prophecy, so were the modern bigots too, up until a few years ago.

edit on 23/5/2011 by sHuRuLuNi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

You asked for an example where Islam wasn't spread by sword and force, and I gave you that .

Islam only spreads by war when muslims tried to spread the message of Islam but were prevented from doing so, thats what caused a war in order to remove the tyrants and install the khelafa which is where all the people of the Islamic country get to vote for their Khalifa (their leader) and from these wars Islam spread and made the oppressed people prosper and be free .

Another note, about the hadith of the Bedouins and tall buildings, it is interpreted as this, that the naked bedouins who live as travellers with their sheep and cattle, would build tall buildings and compete, it just shows the unimaginable shift that would happen in the near end times, since all Bedouins are ppl who travel and don't settle and build, they just carry their tents and move with their cattle where the weather is rainy for their cattle to prosper at and camp and then move .

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Shalnark

You asked for an example where Islam wasn't spread by sword and force, and I gave you that .

If you want to answer rhetorical questions...

besides, you are avoiding Persia ONCE again. The OP's premises was that only bigots thought Islam was spread by force. Well, the OP is dead wrong and you...? I don't even know what you're doing here...

Islam only spreads by war when muslims tried to spread the message of Islam but were prevented from doing so,

Prevented by people who didn't want to change their belief perhaps?

thats what caused a war in order to remove the tyrants

So what if the Muslims were regarded as the tyrants? Woops.

and install the khelafa which is where all the people of the Islamic country get to vote for their Khalifa

Stop it I'm wetting myself
They got to vote? Come on now...

(their leader) and from these wars Islam spread and made the oppressed people prosper and be free .

Free like a bird inside of a golden cage huh

Islam did not free people, it enslaved people. It enslaved people to religion. You can deny this all you want because your reality has been filled with half-truths and lies(Islam not spread by violence is not a half truth, it's a lie). But at some point you must come to terms with how made up it all is, otherwise - not good.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
In addition to what has been put as prophicies of judgment day in islam, I say:

The messanger of Allah did not mention sings of future for fun or for stories to be told, rather for people to take notice.

Whoever does take notice and act upon it wins, and who fails loses.

Signs are divided by imam Barzanji, (>300 years ago) to three:

1- Signs have come and seazed to exist.

e.g. Persia will be under Muslims, as well as Jureselum. A fire will be in a place in Madina and will be seen in Sham (Syria), Second Khalifah will be killed...etc.

2- Signs have come and still exist.
e.g. Making music instruments Halal, drinking Alcohol and given it different name (i.e. wine, beer ...etc),

Fighting terrorists(Khawarij, people who exit from Islam) (Terrorism ideology is not new to Islam, the prohpet has already warned about it and described the people who will follow it and where most of their ideology comes from, place, and that whenever a group of them destroyed another will appear)

3- Signs have not yet come (Imam Barzanji's time)

e.g. embargo on Iraq and then Sham(Syria) ....mmm!!!, Imam Almahdi, and Dajjal (antichrist), Gold mountain will appear after water level in the Euphrate river declines Newyork Times article 2009 ....etc

the reason I try to mention that is to make people aware that things that happen around us are notice to us, all of us, to rethink of our actions and beliefs.

I will skip the first type of signs, as non believers would claim that because it did not happen in out lifetime; Muslim historians might have faked it to suite the signs mentioned.

I will go straight to second type of signs.

1- Bedouin the barefeet, the naked, the dependent and shepeard race in building skyscrapers.
This is obvious, no one can deny the fact that the bedouin of yesterday who have one story tent, would race on whose building is higher.

I was in Doha, Qatar. Few months back, and a Christian taxi driver told me, referring to tall buildings, in Dafna district which 10 years ago had only sheraton hotel, (you see these tall buildings!!!)

I said: yes !!!?,

he said: ( they only build them to show off, one will build one, and the other will try to compete with him and will build a higher building!!!)

Dubai, Saudi Arabia (Riyadh, Makkah, and recently you would here about the tallest building in the world in Jeddah) Kuwait, Qatar Bahrain,

Almost all tall buildings belong to Bedouin,

Commenting on the description,
Bedouin, are barefeet and naked, as one multi million Dollar Saudi Businessman told my uncle that he remembers himself barefeet and naked outside their tent when he was a child.

Dependent: Bedouin did not use to grow, so they depend on people from different cities to exchange with them wheat.

For the record, I am here to present facts, and my aim is not to say whether or not the bedouin have the right to be rich and to have tall building.

To be continued.......

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
This was a bombshell! Saudi Bombshell Released by The U.S. Dept of Defense--ATS Thread

Which could indicate that yes indeed the Anti-Christ/Mahdi could very well be Muslim. Then both the Jews and Muslims can be fooled equally as this is not about one or the other but all of Mankind!

I find that Islam and Judaism is a man-based belief system, excluding the "sisterhood" from the "Truth". Intolerance is also prevalent in Islam and Judaism; at least with Christianity it is so diverse that any aspect of culture can be included, even the Sinners!

No one is without Sin in today's World outside of the child!

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Greensage

It is easy for me to refute your claim that Judaism and Islam are man made beliefs, but I believe this thread is about judgement day signs in Islam.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join