It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spotted two UFOs at Perdido Key, Florida while on vacation.

page: 1,

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Hey everyone,

I just got back from vacation at Perdido Key, Florida. Last night while going crab hunting on the beach with my wife and daughter - I decided to watch the night sky a bit (it was around 9:30pm), looking out toward the gulf which is pretty south. Well, lo' and behold - I spotted a fain star like light headed due north. It caught my eye pretty fast since I was standing still and focusing my eyes on one star in which I saw this object move slowly.

Now, this object was extremely high and was moving faster than a normal aircraft (It had no strobes just a solid faint white-gray color). I kept my eye on it as it moved north and over the beach and alerted my wife to check it out. We were watching it go north still and my wife mentioned that it looks like it is "stuttering" as in it wasn't moving in a consistent line. Sure enough, I focused my eyes on it more and it indeed looked like it was "popping" or "skipping" it's way forward, like extremely short speed bursts.

We watched it continue over the beach and the light pollution was making it more difficult to keep track when it did an unexpected thing - the object got brighter. It brightened up to about the size of mars for a couple seconds and then faded down it's original brightness. After about twenty seconds, the object started to dim in and out and faded away completely.

After witnessing this event, I started to process logical things but none really came to mind other than a satellite. The explanation of it being a satellite didn't fit because of it's usual characteristics such as the "skipping" and brightening up behavior.

Now for the second object, it appeared not too long after the first event. This object came from the same direction as the first, which was out of the gulf heading due north. The object was the same brightness and was moving at the same speed as the first. This one had the same "skipping" motion of movement but did not get brighter as the first one did. We followed it with our eyes and it faded out shortly after it was inland.

I could be wrong, it could've been something explainable but judging from it's characteristics, it doesn't seem to fit in with current civilian aircraft. I wish I had pictures to upload, but I don't. My wife and I tried getting pictures with our iPhone 4s but the object was too faint to pick up.

Anyways, I thought you ATSers would like to hear about it - so here it is.

Also: Perdido Key is not far from Gulf Breeze, where the string of UFO sightings occurred in the late 80's. There's also quite a few military installations in the area.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Satellite!!
Thats what it sounds like anyway!

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by zerozero00
Satellite!!
Thats what it sounds like anyway!

That's what I initially thought, but the whole getting brighter thing and it fading out in pulses didn't fit well with it. The movement alone was odd, I've never seen a satellite have "skipping" movement. Also, how many satellites move in a south to north trajectory?

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
did you all see on fox news last night,about the book about area 51? Its a book about prof,well they say the space ship was there ,but it from Russia with small men,that were disfigured,or something like that.We are suppose to be able to get this book now.I,guess go to fox news website and look for the article.It was on yesterday news,in the afternoon.Claiming Russia has been doing things . I'd like to read this book,just to see what she has to say about area 51.........www.iwp.edu...
edit on 22-5-2011 by venusstarlite because: www.iwp.edu...

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by venusstarlite

No offense, but I have no idea what you're talking about - lol.

I am sorry for this one line post, forgive me.
edit on 22-5-2011 by Clisen33 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clisen33
Also, how many satellites move in a south to north trajectory?

Well, Heavens Above shows two satellites travelling that direction in that time frame.

CZ-2 C R/B
21:30:27 - 21:39:01 S - NNW

Cosm os 2082
21:29:54 - 21:46:10 SSW - NNE

edit on 5/22/2011 by eaglewingz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by eaglewingz

Hey that could very well be what they were. The whole getting brighter thing doesn't sit well for me, I don't know. I've never seen a satellite do that, which is why I posted this event. Who knows lol.

Star for you.
edit on 22-5-2011 by Clisen33 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Clisen33

there are always black helicoptors in that area and esp. around ft pickens at night. not only that but they usually have no lights, alot of good reasons to be suspicious of the area
edit on 5/22/2011 by indigothefish because: (no reason given)
'

also at night in that area you can see shooting stars frequently and easily as being right next to the gulf water where there are no city lights.

i've known people to claim seeing UFO's in that area, as well as being aware of the 'history' of the ufo phenomenon in the area, good post

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Some satellite rotate, some even tumble. This produces uneven reflections which cause them to vary in brightness.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   

on fox news yesterday,they claim they have prof on the area 51,that Russia was involved.So,maybe they are involved in all these other sightings.That was what I,was saying.There is a new book out on it.I,said you could go to fox news and find the book.www.iwp.edu...
edit on 22-5-2011 by venusstarlite because: www.iwp.edu...

new topics

top topics

join